Tyrod Taylor: Playoff QB

/dev/null

6 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Keep Taylor until someone takes his job. Don't force it.

This X 1000.  Let's not force another hole where one doesn't currently exist!  Yes, let's upgrade if possible, but guys, we have the first playoff-caliber QB in 17+ years.  Can we NOT run him OUT of town when he's still under contract, please?!

6 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Keep Taylor until someone takes his job. Don't force it.

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

To me it's a no brainer. You keep him. You do everything you can to get the guy you like to be the new guy, Rosen or Darnold, even if it takes two ones, two twos, whatever. Or if that is not possible you do everything you can to get the guy you like like Mayfield or Jackson or Rudolph, it doesn't matter. Get the guy you like but keep Tyrod. Let them battle it out in training camp. If the draft pick is anywhere close start him, and then you have the best backup in the league. If he needs some time, play Tyrod for a few games and see how the team responds. 

This, please.  

7 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Its america.   I can do what I want. 

Tons of crappy QBs have went 9-7 and we don’t praise them for it. 

This team will be better with a better qb.  I stand by that.      Be mad about it if you wish. 

Im happy for Tyrod and all the Bills fans but I prefer moving on next year and I have that right.   

Right there with you. 9-18 for 56 yards, 2 first downs and 4 minutes TOP headed into the 4th isn’t going to cut it.

I’m happy for Tyrod. I think that he has been the most unfairly treated athlete in Buffalo history. No, he isn’t great, but he isn’t terrrible.  A lot of people have acted as if he is terrible. Tyrod has been the best QB of the drought and now he ends it. It must feel good for him. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Taylor gives the Bills the luxury of not rushing a rookie into a starting role. Draft a QB. If he beats Taylor, then start him. If not, keep Taylor until he's ready.

......his tariff at $16 mil may be too tall for the potential of him being a backup ala the $15 mil Glennon experiment....still is baffling why Dennison has a game plan that utilizes TT's athleticism one week and ignores it the next....

6 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

You totally deserve to be called out. I STILL want a qb drafted early to replace him but your obnoxious and over the top views have always been idiotic and dramatic and now that they break a 17 year drought and you still try bashing the qb says so much about you. 

It’s embarrassing for you. I love how you tell somebody else to “be freaking happy” but still try to bash the qb. 

Busch league. You’re a joke. I said it all week and I’ll say it again. If the bills made the playoffs this week we would see the cream rise to the top on this board. People that would rather be right than see the team win. SHAMEFUL 

Yet I bet you're not wrathful to the McDermott haters that are STILL questioning the man who ended the drought.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Yet I bet you're not wrathful to the McDermott haters that are STILL questioning the man who ended the drought.

Well I was at a New Years party and only dipped in and out of threads and this one obviously stuck out. I didn’t happen to see any McDermott “haters” but i’ll be more than happy to shame them too. 

The point is that anyone coming on here after what just transpired and trying to downgrade any player or coach is honeslty just a jerk. 

7 hours ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Bet the franchise on Rick Mirer Jr.  15 interceptions to 13 tds. in year 2!  Yikes.  Gimme Tyrod.

You can have him, i'll take the field.

7 hours ago, DaBills51 said:

Do I think Taylor is better than Mariota who has 13 TDs to 15 INTs this year? Yes, and if you don't, then that speaks volumes about how dense you are.

Fact - Bills don't make the playoffs if Taylor throws 15 INTs this year. Please tell me otherwise so I can laugh in your face. You clearly know nothing. 

:lol::lol::lol:

Mariotta will be a starting QB next year and Taylor won't be. 

Who's the one who's dense and knows nothing! Here's a clue, look in the mirror! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by PeterGriffin

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

In 2017 in Games Hotrod started vs teams not named the New England Patriots**, the bills were 8-4.

So what you're saying is, we need a better QB if we want to beat the Patriots.

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm super stoked!!!

Why aren't you?

I am stoked - for the Buffalo Bills!!!

that still doesn’t mean TT has magically changed.  He is what he is. 

He he turns into a turtle being too protective with the ball and that leads us into dangerous territory.  

Yes, I am sure McDermott wants to play conservative as well but not that conservative.  

Happy New year ? 

8 hours ago, timekills17 said:

Dude, what is up with the buzzkill attitude?

Did you cry? "No, that's dumb"

Taylor got us to playoffs "Who cares, he's gone."

It's New Year's Eve/Day, the Bills are in the playoffs. You're allowed to enjoy it tonight.

Or in other words,

Francis.gif

Kyle freaking Williams, Dennison,  McDermott and the defense won that game.  

The QB did what he always does.  Plays well then turtles up.  

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

As I have said for months ..... 

That benching sent a clear message to him.   Play better.   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

......his tariff at $16 mil may be too tall for the potential of him being a backup ala the $15 mil Glennon experiment....still is baffling why Dennison has a game plan that utilizes TT's athleticism one week and ignores it the next....

Well $16MM is the going rate for any veteran QB you'd want to bring in. Are we willing to roll the dice on a rookie QB after a playoff season? How's Mitch Trubisky doing?

56 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

McDermott deserves tons of credit for HCing this team to the end of the huge playoff drought.  However, even ignoring the simple FACT, that he ain't perfect and benched the QB that led the team to this great outcome, he made an incredibly bad decision on how to develop a talented 5th round QB choice in Peterman as a rookie.

There are reasons why Bellicheat only started the talented 6th round pick Brady in his SECOND year as an NFL player when he was forced to do so by a freak collapsed lung injury to his starting QB, he failed talented thrower (but thinking fooball slow-thinking Bledsoe).

I think its smart football that an HC realizes that it simply is horrendous development strategy for a talented youngster like Peterman to throw a 5th round drafted talent into the game where self-confidence and player confidence of the players in the team he leads are critical.

Probably the only stupider player development strategy than foolishly panicking and throwing your talented 5th rounder voluntarily into the starting role voluntarily in regular season would be to voluntarily decide to have this talented ROOKIE start your first playoff game in 17 years.

I am not questioning McDermott's decision to risk Peterman's develop into a good pro.  It was unquestionably a stupid player development move which le his talented rookie to throw 5 interceptions.  I think by overcoming his unquestionably bad choice this great first year HC by starting Peterman in regular season do you really think so little of McDermott that now that he burned his hand by throwing his talented rookie to the wolves in regular season he now is going to stick his face on the hot stove by starting Peterman in the playoffs?

The poster disrespecting the HC who led us to the end of our playoff drought is anyone who advocates he risk really ruining Peterman by voluntarily starting him against th Jags!

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well $16MM is the going rate for any veteran QB you'd want to bring in. Are we willing to roll the dice on a rookie QB after a playoff season? How's Mitch Trubisky doing?

..plenty of crazy money out there so it will be interesting.....his $6 mil roster bonus will be the lynch pin......do you pay it as well as keep him?......or do you pay it with the potential of eating it in his release and chase Alex Smith (GOOD LORD NO TO COUSINS)?............I don't think with the momentum built up in 2017, breaking the schneid and having plenty of draft capita;l is a scenario you can dump in the hands of a rookie QB....Peterman is just entering his 2nd year and is still pretty green....stay tuned......

3 minutes ago, KingRex said:

McDermott deserves tons of credit for HCing this team to the end of the huge playoff drought.  However, even ignoring the simple FACT, that he ain't perfect and benched the QB that led the team to this great outcome, he made an incredibly bad decision on how to develop a talented 5th round QB choice in Peterman as a rookie.

There are reasons why Bellicheat only started the talented 6th round pick Brady in his SECOND year as an NFL player when he was forced to do so by a freak collapsed lung injury to his starting QB, he failed talented thrower (but thinking fooball slow-thinking Bledsoe).

I think its smart football that an HC realizes that it simply is horrendous development strategy for a talented youngster like Peterman to throw a 5th round drafted talent into the game where self-confidence and player confidence of the players in the team he leads are critical.

Probably the only stupider player development strategy than foolishly panicking and throwing your talented 5th rounder voluntarily into the starting role voluntarily in regular season would be to voluntarily decide to have this talented ROOKIE start your first playoff game in 17 years.

I am not questioning McDermott's decision to risk Peterman's develop into a good pro.  It was unquestionably a stupid player development move which le his talented rookie to throw 5 interceptions.  I think by overcoming his unquestionably bad choice this great first year HC by starting Peterman in regular season do you really think so little of McDermott that now that he burned his hand by throwing his talented rookie to the wolves in regular season he now is going to stick his face on the hot stove by starting Peterman in the playoffs?

The poster disrespecting the HC who led us to the end of our playoff drought is anyone who advocates he risk really ruining Peterman by voluntarily starting him against th Jags!

If Peterman has it, he'll overcome what happened against the Chargers. 

Just now, Doc said:

If Peterman has it, he'll overcome what happened against the Chargers. 

......he had minis, OTA's, some pre-season work, scant mop up duty and the SD start......according to the TBD "One & Done Gang", that is BEYOND plenty of time to label him a bust....they already bought him a one way bus ticket......

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If you can get us Trubisky for Taylor pick up that phone.       

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Watch his game Sunday and get back to me. Especially in the red zone. He couldn't put the ball in the same area code as his receivers. 3 whole points scored by the Bears offense. No thanks! I'll stick with Taylor with that option.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

......he had minis, OTA's, some pre-season work, scant mop up duty and the SD start......according to the TBD "One & Done Gang", that is BEYOND plenty of time to label him a bust....they already bought him a one way bus ticket......

I'm not speaking about his future.  I was incredibly disappointed with his performance and got off his bandwagon right quick.  I'm just saying that starting him against the Chargers shouldn't affect anything, if he truly has "it."

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Starting Peterman was what 99% of Bills fans wanted. It only became a bad idea when the 5 picks happened. Suddenly everyone got amnesia. And no, they still lose that game with TT5.

I owned up to it but I still think it needed to happen.  And with the way the team played that day, TT wasn't going to win, like you said.

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

No thanks. 

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Watch his game Sunday and get back to me. Especially in the red zone. He couldn't put the ball in the same area code as his receivers. 3 whole points scored by the Bears offense. No thanks! I'll stick with Taylor with that option.

Has anyone scores on the Vikings this year ? 

Trubisky will leave Taylor in the dust year 2 just like Goff did.  

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Sure. He might. But he looks like he's got a long way to go right now. Besides, do you trade a king's ransom for a QB that can only score against bad teams? 

Goff has shown that young QBs can turn things around, but I'm talking about the 2017 version of Mitch Trubisky, and he's terrible!! If it were the Bills who traded up for him, we'd be on suicide watch right now.

That's a symptom of QB fever...selective amnesia

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Washington, Carolina, and Pittsburgh put up some points on Minnesota

Granted those teams were led by a pair of Pro Bowl QBs and a first ballot Hall of Famer instead of Trubisky or Taylor

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I'm not speaking about his future.  I was incredibly disappointed with his performance and got off his bandwagon right quick.  I'm just saying that starting him against the Chargers shouldn't affect anything, if he truly has "it."

I owned up to it but I still think it needed to happen.  And with the way the team played that day, TT wasn't going to win, like you said.

No thanks. 

....hey Doc....HINT: it was sarcasm.......lighten up bud....what's intriguing to me is the mental moxey and cerebral aptitude the kid is already showing at this level....you'll never convince me the adrenalin wasn't pumping like hell in his 1st start and that he thought he could make every throw in every circumstance......pretty easy to underestimate the speed of the game at this level versus college...only a select 1,696 make it here....so he had 5 picks...Cousins, yup the $30 million dollar man had THREE yesterday and he's a bit (COUGH) more experienced......I think this Peterman kid has a huge upside...stay tuned...........

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....hey Doc....HINT: it was sarcasm.......lighten up bud....what's intriguing to me is the mental moxey and cerebral aptitude the kid is already showing at this level....you'll never convince me the adrenalin wasn't pumping like hell in his 1st start and that he thought he could make every throw in every circumstance......pretty easy to underestimate the speed of the game at this level versus college...only a select 1,696 make it here....so he had 5 picks...Cousins, yup the $30 million dollar man had THREE yesterday and he's a bit (COUGH) more experienced......I think this Peterman kid has a huge upside...stay tuned...........

Yeah...I know.

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That will not work in the playoffs

You keep repeating this over and over and over again. The whole turtles up thing. One has to understand there’s other things factoring into this. now I cant say I disagree with you  completely. The 2nd half troubles are maddening. But you can’t discount the conservative nature of our coach and what Taylor was most likely instructed to do in the 2nd half of each dolphin game up big at points. They were up and you could tell the OC and players all we just sitting on it. I hate it becuz it seems to take the rythym out of the game for everyone on offense. Like it or not I don’t think that’s all on Taylor or the players. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sure. He might. But he looks like he's got a long way to go right now. Besides, do you trade a king's ransom for a QB that can only score against bad teams? 

Goff has shown that young QBs can turn things around, but I'm talking about the 2017 version of Mitch Trubisky, and he's terrible!! If it were the Bills who traded up for him, we'd be on suicide watch right now.

That's a symptom of QB fever...selective amnesia

Idk what you’re watching but Trubisky is oooozing promise and upside. 

Bills aren’t a playoff team in the nfc.   First weekend has Rams, Panthers, Saints, and Falcons playing.  

to be continued next year.    Go bills.  

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Have any Aaron Rogers vs Vikings clips to show ? 

why didn’t you link this video ?

Edited by Teddy KGB

Look at the hapless receiver group throughout the season. A gimpy Benjamin and whole bunch of nothing after that.

Look at the porous offensive line and how teams never blitz us because they know they don't have to which means there are 7 or 8 guys in coverage on almost every passing play.

Look at Dennison's antiquated and predictable scheme and how we run on first down more than any other team.

Now tell me how many QBs in the league could do more than Tyrod has this season. Very few, in my opinion. 

The Tyrod bashing here used to irritate me but I've realized that group is made up of people who aren't all that bright nor seem like they understand context when evaluating individual players in a sport with many moving parts.

• Like (+1) 1