Shady injury?

59 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Maybe it’s just me. But I feel like there is no way this guy is missing this game. It’s the playoffs. Shady is a gamer and the face of this team. If he can stand, he’s going to play. I haven’t thought about him not playing for a second.

Of course he'll play. He'll tape it up and probably be 75%. Murphy better be ready to carry a heavy load. I still don't want to see Tolbert or DiMarco touch the ball...

Apologies if this is linked already, this is from David Chao who tweets as "@profootballdoc" and now has a feature in the SD paper.

A lot of speculation but can give some info for those to know, is he still in a boot or not?

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-mccoy-bills-playoffs-ankle-injury-0101-story.html

Edit: Ah!  I see someone did find his twitter but I'll leave this here in case the Twitter-embedded link doesn't work for some.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Of course he'll play. He'll tape it up and probably be 75%. Murphy better be ready to carry a heavy load. I still don't want to see Tolbert or DiMarco touch the ball...

Murphy did a hell of a job from out of nowhere Sunday. Could you imagine what this guy could be to Bills fans if we beat the jags on Sunday and he went 19-105 and a TD or something. Just from a complete nobody to helping the Bills win their first playoff game in 23 years. Sometimes these guys come from nowhere to spark these runs. The guy should at least have fresh legs.

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Tolbert was holding the ball like his life depended on it this week. No arm pumps for acceleration because he had them both wrapped around the pigskin. I gasp when they throw slants to him (WTH is the purpose of that?), but if they need a rumble straight up the guts, he's sadly the best option.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

31 minutes ago, nucci said:

Those are good thoughts but if his foot is injured, how can he move? I've sprained my ankle many times...You can't expect to play just a week later...

See other post.  There are sprains and sprains.  A Grade 1 or Grade 2 sprain, it's entirely plausible to play in a week with very aggressive treatment to keep the swelling down (I'm talking foot stuck in an ice bath 20 min on/20 min off; bruise-treating remedies; controlled ROM exercises to also increase blood flow and so forth IF one can play in a tight ankle wrap or with a brace to provide the support the stretched ligament won't.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

See other post.  There are sprains and sprains.  A Grade 1 or Grade 2 sprain, it's entirely plausible to play in a week with very aggressive treatment to keep the swelling down (I'm talking foot stuck in an ice bath 20 min on/20 min off; bruise-treating remedies; controlled ROM exercises to also increase blood flow and so forth IF one can play in a tight ankle wrap or with a brace to provide the support the stretched ligament won't.

Good info..again, I'm hopeful

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Apologies if this is linked already, this is from David Chao who tweets as "@profootballdoc" and now has a feature in the SD paper.

A lot of speculation but can give some info for those to know, is he still in a boot or not?

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-mccoy-bills-playoffs-ankle-injury-0101-story.html

Edit: Ah!  I see someone did find his twitter but I'll leave this here in case the Twitter-embedded link doesn't work for some.

Thanks for linking the article.

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's usually pretty spot on with his diagnoses. 

Well looking at the replay. It looked like it was his foot... So it probably was definitely lower ankle. Then the picture of the booth confirmed my suspicion. May be bruised for awhile but I think he will at least be used in a reserve role

I don't think there is any question McCoy will play in this game, but to have any chance of winning the gameplan needs to focused on the passing the ball which could be a recipe for disaster since the Jags will know that's coming and obviously not TT's strength vs. a Jags whose strength is the pass rush and pass defense.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There are sprains and sprains.  

Grade 1: no tear

Grade 2: partial tear

Grade 3: full tear

A sprained ankle, by definition, is the ligaments being forced beyond their normal range of motion and stretching or tearing.

The injury causes swelling, which will both restrict motion in the ankle and prevent the ligaments from tightening up and healing.

Aggressive icing, elevation, and compression can do a lot to control the swelling.    My kid had a Grade 2 sprain at the start of volleyball.  We made her immerse her foot in an ice bath 20 min on-20 min off, arnica for the bruising, gentle massage, compression the first 24 hrs (weekend, thankfully) then ROM work, and with a brace and some good but not great daily treatment from the school trainers, she was back on the court in a week but not full-go for another 2 weeks. 

I think I heard Grade 2 sprain, so it's just going to depend on exactly what ligament got sprained,  and how well Shady can well, be Shady, in a brace or tape job.

I remember spraining my ankle pretty bad playing soccer. It was so bad, I couldn’t walk for a few days.

I realize Shady has access to far better trainers and stuff than I ever will but, if the injury is bad, you can’t get around it. Time is what will heal it. I’m just being realistic. 

That Murphy guy needs to play the game of his life. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't think there is any question McCoy will play in this game, but to have any chance of winning the gameplan needs to focused on the passing the ball which could be a recipe for disaster since the Jags will know that's coming and obviously not TT's strength vs. a Jags whose strength is the pass rush and pass defense.

We have Benjamin, Clay , Thompson, and O'Leary....not Hall-of-Fame players but very productive....we can score on these guys

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Do you really mean the Bills should go away from their strength (running the ball) and attack the Jags strength (pass defense). I completely disagree with this.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, horned dogs said:

Do you really mean the Bills should go away from their strength (running the ball) and attack the Jags strength (pass defense). I completely disagree with this.

If McCoy isn't close to 100% (and not sure how he will be) than yes we really don't have much choice against a ferocious defensive front that is going to stack the box and force TT to beat them.

Can't simply hand the ball off to Tolbert and a guy we just signed off the street for 1 and 2 yard gains and expect to have much of a chance to win.

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

If McCoy isn't close to 100% (and not sure how he will be) than yes we really don't have much choice against a ferocious defensive front that is going to stack the box and force TT to beat them.

Can't simply hand the ball off to Tolbert and a guy we just signed off the street for 1 and 2 yard gains and expect to have much of a chance to win.

I think you do what you usually do. The Bills will attempt to be balanced early in the game and mix run and pass and try to get the lead. That is Bills football, put pressure on Jags offense with Bortles and force him into turnovers. They are not going to come out firing the ball all over the place nor should they.

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I think we need to have a balanced attack (which includes TT doing this thing running for first downs and making plays) and our D has to be rock solid in order to have a chance to win.