Shady injury?

I was in and out listening to Sal C show and he had the beat writer for the Jags on.

i think he said that the Jags run defense has given up something like 19 runs of 20 or more yards in the last 7 games. Did someone else listen to it and can confirm?

Last time I saw the stat, I believe Shady was leading the league in 20+ yard carries.

I really hope Shady is healthy.

16 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Maybe it’s just me. But I feel like there is no way this guy is missing this game. It’s the playoffs. Shady is a gamer and the face of this team. If he can stand, he’s going to play. I haven’t thought about him not playing for a second.

Agreed. I can’t see him missing this if there is any chance at all.

That said, he likely won’t be near 100%.  

It really freaking sucks. We finally make the playoffs after all of these years and our best player (or at least one of our best players) either cannot play or is going to be hobbled. 

I really hope that he can be close to 100%.

The other thing that we need to be careful of is that, if he is not close to 100% and there is an increased risk of injury, it probably is best to rest him so that he can be available the following week if possible. I know.  Wishful thinking.

36 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Maybe it’s just me. But I feel like there is no way this guy is missing this game. It’s the playoffs. Shady is a gamer and the face of this team. If he can stand, he’s going to play. I haven’t thought about him not playing for a second.

Those are good thoughts but if his foot is injured, how can he move? I've sprained my ankle many times...You can't expect to play just a week later...

10 minutes ago, nucci said:

Those are good thoughts but if his foot is injured, how can he move? I've sprained my ankle many times...You can't expect to play just a week later...

I don’t know a DR smarter then me would probably have a better explanation. Maybe some sort of pain med coupled with the adrenaline of a playoff game. The week invetween and keeping weight off it might help a bit. I’m sure he can’t be 100% but if he can play, I want him to play.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t know a DR smarter then me would probably have a better explanation. Maybe some sort of pain med coupled with the adrenaline of a playoff game. The week invetween and keeping weight off it might help a bit. I’m sure he can’t be 100% but if he can play, I want him to play.

I'm hopeful as well but just pissed that he's hurt

51 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No one is suggesting that Shady is a kitty or not tough enough to try and grind it out through some pain.

That's not the issue at all.

The issue is whether or not he is injured to the point where he simply can't be Shady, even if he has all the courage in the world.

That's what we are waiting on, and what no one really knows at this time.

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That was interesting - no crutches, and short boot potentially being evidence of not being a high ankle sprain

5 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

No one is suggesting that Shady is a kitty or not tough enough to try and grind it out through some pain.

That's not the issue at all.

The issue is whether or not he is injured to the point where he simply can't be Shady, even if he has all the courage in the world.

That's what we are waiting on, and what no one really knows at this time.

I can’t see him being able to do what makes him elite, Cut back and stop on a dime. But even shady at 75% is better then anything else we have or can get. This guy is a generational talent and in a win or go home senario, I hope he’s available. Any of Shady s better then no shady IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/1/2018 at 4:45 AM, Idandria said:

Sprained ankles are bad and very painful. 

You  can barley walk, let alone run. I don’t see him playing unfortunately.

There are sprains and sprains.  

Grade 1: no tear

Grade 2: partial tear

Grade 3: full tear

A sprained ankle, by definition, is the ligaments being forced beyond their normal range of motion and stretching or tearing.

The injury causes swelling, which will both restrict motion in the ankle and prevent the ligaments from tightening up and healing.

Aggressive icing, elevation, and compression can do a lot to control the swelling.    My kid had a Grade 2 sprain at the start of volleyball.  We made her immerse her foot in an ice bath 20 min on-20 min off, arnica for the bruising, gentle massage, compression the first 24 hrs (weekend, thankfully) then ROM work, and with a brace and some good but not great daily treatment from the school trainers, she was back on the court in a week but not full-go for another 2 weeks. 

I think I heard Grade 2 sprain, so it's just going to depend on exactly what ligament got sprained,  and how well Shady can well, be Shady, in a brace or tape job.