The 4 Big Games Prediction Thread

BuffaloBillyG

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He was the HC of an organization with a demented owner and no clear succession plan and he had the ability to leave and still get paid.

He would have been an idiot NOT to leave, IMO.

But hadn't the Pegula's already bought the team and offered him a contract extension? I thought I read that somewhere

On 12/27/2017 at 8:41 PM, Da webster guy said:

Question:   If Bengals, Titans AND Raiders all win can we get a 5th seed beating Miami?

13 hours ago, ChasBB said:

Bills over Dolphins 31-21

Bengals over Ravens 22-20

Jags over Titans 32-16

Raiders over Chargers 36-23

Webster,

If Bills and Bengals win, we're in. Then  if Jags win, we're #5. If Titans win, we're #6.  In this scenario the Raiders/Chargers game doesn't matter.  Bengals need to dig deep and pull it out on Sunday for their departing coach.  

Chas,

You're definitely a glass is half full kind of guy :lol:

The Bengals loss (which i attended) was the biggest loss of the season....should've won that easily with the takeaways we had; offense was putrid.  I've been a Bills fan for a long time so i don't have high expectations for Sunday.  I half expect the Bills to lose in Miami.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

it's the loss to the chargers that would haunt us.

and it would help define McDermott's tenure.

but i don't know if we win tomorrow.  there is just too much emotion for us.  i'd take miami plus 3.

The loss to the Chargers will not define McD.   He has a long way to go.  

The Raiders O-Line is in shambles, I would be amazed if they beat the Chargers. 

but i don't know if we win tomorrow.  there is just too much emotion for us.  i'd take miami plus 3.

This is how I see it going down as well.

Even if we cloned a 26 year old Joe Montana we weren't winning that Chargers game. The game we needed to win to control our destiny was the Bengals game.

13 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

The loss to the Chargers will not define McD.   He has a long way to go.  

I agree, with the way Taylor was playing and playing against Lynn the decision to go with Peterman was because of Taylor poor QB play. Lynn also knows Taylor like the back of his one dimensional hand, he would have no problem making Taylor look like crap.

2 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Have you guys not followed this team for the last 20 years?

the bengals, jags, and raiders will all win.

and the bills will lose.

:ph34r:

C’mon man. You can be miserable after Tucker misses a last second field goal, but there’s a BS flag on the play and he hits the second kick 

On 12/29/2017 at 5:28 PM, billsfan2298 said:

FWIW pretty much every Chargers "home game" has been filled with opposing fans. The team is in playoff contention and they can't even fill up a soccer stadium. Moving them was a terrible idea.

I don't care about the Chargers or whether they ever get off the ground here in LA. But what I do care is tomorrow there will be 25K crazy Raider fans cheering for Oak.  I'll take any edge I can get to help us get our foot in the playoff door. We're going to need help everywhere. 

On 12/27/2017 at 9:10 PM, Commonsense said:

Sarcasm?

I could see why folks would be upset he left but with 3 plus years of hindsight isn't it safe to say that what was in place at OBD was dysfunctional? It's very easy for me to understand why he left.

Compared to our previous 17 seasons I didn’t think we were that dysfunctional at the time he left.  We had one of the best defenses in the league at the time and just finished with a winning record.  I think we were building to something good and him leaving along with the Rex regime coming in is what turned things dysfunctional.

7 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Ravens over Bengals

Chargers over Raiders

Jaguars over Titans

Bills over Dolphins

9-7 with a 1st round draft pick in the 17-20 range

Ravens will beat KC in the first round giving the Bills a second first rounder in the 21-24 range

If this is how it plays out, it won’t really be the Bills’ losses to the Jets or Bengals that bother me. It’ll be the Titans’ losses to the 49ers and Rams. If they had won one of those games, we’d get it under the scenario you laid out above (would put Bills, Titans, and Chargers in 3-way tie at 9-7, which Bills would win). The Titans loss to the 49ers in particular hurt - long, last-second FG by the Niners to win it. 

7:24PM Titans win a close one (Bills fans bemoan)

Chargers game now meaningless.

7:32PM Bills win (Bills fans rejoice)

And we all turn our attention to.......

7:36PM Ravens score late and squeak past the Bengals in a game where they were down 2 scores in the 2nd half. Ravens convert a crucial 4th down on that game winning drive via a bogus Defensive Pass inteference call. (Bills fans say, "Yup this is how we like our hearts ripped out, thank you")

Edited by Estro

17 hours ago, Jukester said:

Webster,

If Bills and Bengals win, we're in. Then  if Jags win, we're #5. If Titans win, we're #6.  In this scenario the Raiders/Chargers game doesn't matter.  Bengals need to dig deep and pull it out on Sunday for their departing coach.  

Chas,

You're definitely a glass is half full kind of guy :lol:

The Bengals loss (which i attended) was the biggest loss of the season....should've won that easily with the takeaways we had; offense was putrid.  I've been a Bills fan for a long time so i don't have high expectations for Sunday.  I half expect the Bills to lose in Miami.

That bengals loss has nothing to do with our current situation. How dare you disagree with the notion by most on here that it’s the chargers game that have us in this position! Damn Mcd and Peterman cost us the playoffs. 

????‍♂️???

the fried egg and the leg are a gift to Tolbert

On 12/27/2017 at 8:48 PM, KelsaysLunchbox said:

After an interesting season this is what it comes down to...4 big games on Sunday. The outcome of them dictates if we hit 18 years of lost seasons, or finally taste a playoff game. So, who ya got?

Jags-30

Titans-13

Ravens-20

Bengals-16

Raiders-27

Chargers-21 OT 

Bills-19

Dolphins-7

ALSO, if it breaks like I have predicted...does Doug Marrone get any kind of forgiveness for walking out on the Bills Mafia?

He walked out because he wanted an extension for himself and his assistants,it was not granted so he opted out.

He didn't want to be a lame duck coach in a contract year with no QB.

Pegs could have saved close to 30m of his money if he had only said yes and the Bills would already be in the playoffs :(