The 4 Big Games Prediction Thread

BuffaloBillyG

On 12/27/2017 at 6:48 PM, KelsaysLunchbox said:

ALSO, if it breaks like I have predicted...does Doug Marrone get any kind of forgiveness for walking out on the Bills Mafia?

Marrone is just not a likable person. He is a big baffoon. I was glad he left. He is supposed to be an offensive coach and the offense was terrible. He is supposed to be an oline guru and the oline was terrible. We only got to 9 wins because of the excellent defense (which he had nothing to do with) and because the Pats rested their starters week 17. Good riddance. Although I am surprised the Jags have done so well ...

JAX - 24

TEN - 17

LAC - 31

OAK - 20

CIN - 23

BAL - 19

BUF - 23

MIA - 9

11 hours ago, zow2 said:

I will say this,,, no way does Jax want to be swept by Tennessee and then have to play Tenn in the first round.  They would like to eliminate the Titans now.

The Chargers will probably handle the Raiders at home.  I'd like to think Oakland will show up but i just think LA is better and won't let this one slip.

Cinci still has remnants from their playoff teams and they aren't that bad.  They beat Detroit last week who had everything to play for.  They traditionally play the Ravens tough in Baltimore and they will try to win Marvin Lewis' last game.  I like Cinci's chances.

I agree with all of this. No way Jax would want a division rival in the playoffs with them.

Best chance is for Cinci to beat Ravens. I'm sure they would love to hurt their playoff chances.

Edited by MJS

29 minutes ago, MJS said:

Marrone is just not a likable person. He is a big baffoon. I was glad he left. He is supposed to be an offensive coach and the offense was terrible. He is supposed to be an oline guru and the oline was terrible. We only got to 9 wins because of the excellent defense (which he had nothing to do with) and because the Pats rested their starters week 17. Good riddance. Although I am surprised the Jags have done so well ...

Isn't it interesting that Marrone teams all seem to have these excellent defenses that he has "nothing to do with". Maybe he fundamnetally understand that you have to impact the Quarterback in this league and hires coordinators and constructs defenses capable of achieving that? Eventually something stops being a coincidence. 

I am not surprised the Jags have done well. Doug Marrone is a good Head Coach. I thought so when he was here too having originally been lukewarm to his hiring. He is a dislikeable arse of a man. But he is a good Head Coach. He made some micro management mistakes here that listening to the folks over in Jacksonville he seems to have learned from with Tom Coughlin's guidance. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Isn't it interesting that Marrone teams all seem to have these excellent defenses that he has "nothing to do with". Maybe he fundamnetally understand that you have to impact the Quarterback in this league and hires coordinators and constructs defenses capable of achieving that? Eventually something stops being a coincidence. 

I am not surprised the Jags have done well. Doug Marrone is a good Head Coach. I thought so when he was here too having originally been lukewarm to his hiring. He is a dislikeable arse of a man. But he is a good Head Coach. He made some micro management mistakes here that listening to the folks over in Jacksonville he seems to have learned from with Tom Coughlin's guidance. 

I believe the defense in Buffalo was all due to Schwartz. But I do give credit to Marrone for the hire. I also believe that he inherited a heck of a defense from Gus Bradley. But I do give him credit for bringing in the last few parts to make it better.

As far as for those that point to how unlikeable he is...you are correct. But who cares? Winning makes me like a coach. Belichick...not very likeable. Coughlin... basically just a grumpy old unlikeable guy. They win. Rex Ryan. Guy is very likeable to some. He's fun. He's a loser. Chan Gailey... extremely likeable. Just wouldn't want either of them running my football team.

On 12/27/2017 at 9:34 PM, TigerJ said:

It's not impossible that it break that way.  We'll have to wait and see.  The Ravens are likely winners.  I think the Bills are enough better than the Dolphins that they can win in Miami.  The Jags Titans game is going to come down to if and how many players Marrone decides to rest for the playoffs.  The Chargers game has so many variables it's pretty hard to predict.  Anything is possible.

The Jags be downright stupid to have any starters in the game. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose if someone gets injured.  You imagine how angry Jag fans would be if they lost their RB for the playoffs because he got hurt in a meaningless game!

Rex Ryan is the opposite of likeable. He is detestable. I struggle to see how anyone likes him but it takes all sorts I suppose. 

Chan is a good example of a likeable but a below par Head Coach. 

Marrone to me is the best Head Coach we have had in the drought. I like McDermott and I am hopeful he surpasses him. 

Don't understand why fans think Ravens over Cincy is a gimme. Ravens played like crap against Indy last week and Cincy beat a pretty good Detroit team. I can easily see the Bengals putting in a good game against a division rival. No way the Raiders beat the Chargers.

5 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Don't understand why fans think Ravens over Cincy is a gimme. Ravens played like crap against Indy last week and Cincy beat a pretty good Detroit team. I can easily see the Bengals putting in a good game against a division rival. No way the Raiders beat the Chargers.

Raiders have the talent beat the chargers, and well the chargers always seem find a way mess things up for themselves every year.  

Titans game is a toss up as I suspect the Jags (rightfully so) will play no one, but their second string may be able beat the Titans first. (Funny they both lost to Jimmy G and the 49ers)

Bengals I just don't know. I see a low scoring game as both O kinda suck.. so I'll say 10-7 Bengals. With Joe Flacco throwing a late pick to set up the game winning FG.

The Bills and Dolphins go into OT the Phins get a FG on the opening drive but McCoy wills the Bills to victory with a 69 yard scamper final score

bills 21 Phins 17

and sorry I see the Bills getting the doors blown off when they face the Jags. 

Jags 24

Bills 0

Taylor is sacked 9 times and Peterman 3 as the O line is completely overpowered.

Edited by PatsFanNH

Someone from the Sirius XM NFL channel was a guest on Schopp & the Bulldog yesterday, and he brought up a decent point regarding the JAC-TEN game.

If you’re Doug Marrone, you know there’s a chance that you’ll also be playing the Titans the following week in the Wild Card round.  So, would Jacksonville  really want to show their hand (as far as running their “A” playbook) in a meaningless week 17 game?

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I disagree. Marrone inherited his team in Jacksonville. They have been drafting high end talent for their defense for a few years now, and that has nothing to do with Doug.

If he has learned to hire good coaches and get out of the way, he is going to have success there, because when he is the one micromanaging the offense or the oline, it turns out pretty bad.

37 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The Charger game will be a Raider home game. It will be a sea of black.

FWIW pretty much every Chargers "home game" has been filled with opposing fans. The team is in playoff contention and they can't even fill up a soccer stadium. Moving them was a terrible idea.

14 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Jags be downright stupid to have any starters in the game. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose if someone gets injured.  You imagine how angry Jag fans would be if they lost their RB for the playoffs because he got hurt in a meaningless game!

They can gain momentum and confidence.   They just went on the road and got embarassed by the niners, and now the weak Titans are trying to do the same.  They're balling, titans will lose by 17

13 hours ago, billsfan2298 said:

FWIW pretty much every Chargers "home game" has been filled with opposing fans. The team is in playoff contention and they can't even fill up a soccer stadium. Moving them was a terrible idea.

Agreed.

Another example of Goodell pushing for something that is the exact opposite of what football fans want.

Feel so bad for Chargers fans, they meant a lot to their city.  I have a friend who lives in San Diego, has two boys age 8 n 10, they were season ticket holders. Said it really hit them hard.

On 12/28/2017 at 11:04 AM, Bob in STL said:

Bill 23 

Phins 17

Ravens 24

Bungles 20

Jags 27

Titans 17

Chargers  31

Raiders 10 (run for the bus) 

The loss to the Bengals comes back to haunt.  

it's the loss to the chargers that would haunt us.

and it would help define McDermott's tenure.

but i don't know if we win tomorrow.  there is just too much emotion for us.  i'd take miami plus 3.

On 12/27/2017 at 9:07 PM, RobH063 said:

No way does Marrone get any forgiveness from me. There's never been any real explanation of why he left so I can't forgive the guy unless I know the truth.

He was the HC of an organization with a demented owner and no clear succession plan and he had the ability to leave and still get paid.

He would have been an idiot NOT to leave, IMO.