The 4 Big Games Prediction Thread

BuffaloBillyG

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Relax a little.

I stand by my comments, Marrone doesnt owe any Bills fan any explanation or apology.  Most Bills fans are so sensitive, acting like a jilted lover, it is a business. 

I'm perfectly relaxed. Absolutely post your opinion. That's what this site is for. What it's not for is to throw insults along with your opinion just because you can do so with a reasonable about of anonymity. You wouldn't do that to anyone face to face, or at least you don't seem to be that type of person, so there's no reason to do it here.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

My obd sources confirmed this with me shortly afterwards. Marrone thought more of Tuel than he did of EJ, and as soon as Orton retired, Marrone decided it would be better for his career in the NFL to not hitch his win/loss record to EJ. Connect the dots.

Very logical and who in the right mind could blame him.  Evidence right now shows he made the right decision.

So he wasn't a "nice guy" in Buffalo and had a screaming match with Whaley, who cares.  They guy produced here with our first winning season in 9 years and he is doing pretty darn well in Jax of  all places.  Took over a 3 win team and now won his division handily.  Might be coach of the year material.

13 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

I'm perfectly relaxed. Absolutely post your opinion. That's what this site is for. What it's not for is to throw insults along with your opinion just because you can do so with a reasonable about of anonymity. You wouldn't do that to anyone face to face, or at least you don't seem to be that type of person, so there's no reason to do it here.

What was the egregious insult I "hurled", was it "time to grow up, its a business"...if that has you so outraged i beg your forgiveness for my incredibly insensitive insult.

Sorry that was too sarcastic, really not trying to insult anyone here pick fights, just talk football so my sincere apology.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
apology

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Marrone "owes" no one any explanation or forgiveness, it is a business, time to grow up.

Want evidence, look at Harrison signing with the Pats.

Marrone had a smart agent, contractually he got $4 million for doing nothing, didnt like the GM and knew his current QB EJ , was a disaster.  Now he is on a team headed to the playoffs, congrats Doug.

Harrison to the Pats.... that is just screwed up? Has Tomlin commented yet?

The Bills win. The Jags win (Titans look a bit shot mentally to me) I think the Ravens win a very, very tight one. So it comes down to Chargers or Bills. If any team finds novel ways to lose in the NFL better than the Bills it is the Chargers.... so maybe, just maybe....

14 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

After an interesting season this is what it comes down to...4 big games on Sunday. The outcome of them dictates if we hit 18 years of lost seasons, or finally taste a playoff game. So, who ya got?

Jags-30

Titans-13

Ravens-20

Bengals-16

Raiders-27

Chargers-21 OT 

Bills-19

Dolphins-7

ALSO, if it breaks like I have predicted...does Doug Marrone get any kind of forgiveness for walking out on the Bills Mafia?

If it all falls like you write.....then yes Marrone is far far out of my doghouse for good.

13 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

I think Bengals and Titans are both going down by 10+

Our season is pinned on the Raiders.    

Question:   If Bengals, Titans AND Raiders all win can we get a 5th seed beating Miami?

Paul Guenther is 4-2 against Baltimore as Bengals DC, in those games Flacco has 5 touchdowns and 7 ints. 

Some hope.

• Like (+1) 1

It's hard to see a realistic chance that Cinci pulls the upset...but they are probably playing their last game for Marvin Lewis so maybe they're motivated?  Still, the Ravens are a well coached team and they have a huge home field advantage.  The Bills won't get any help here.

I think the Jags have a really good chance to beat the Titans.  Think of it this way, if they lose then they'll have been beaten twice by Tennessee this year and have to face them again next week.  They will be motivated, and let's face it -- Tennessee is not as good as people thought they were, and if any coach knows how to lose a crucial W17 game with playoffs on the line against an opponent with nothing to play for, it's Mike Mularkey.

Bolts/Raiders is a toss-up.  They played in October and it was a one-point game.  Del Rio isn't the type of coach players quit on so I think Oakland will be fired up, trying to end the Chargers' playoff hopes.

If I allow my BBFS to kick in, I'd say that the Jags and Raiders will win but the Bills won't.  I know, I know...

48 minutes ago, Lenigmusx said:

Harrison to the Pats.... that is just screwed up? Has Tomlin commented yet?

Yes Tomlin mumbled a la Belichek about what is best for the team right now, from what I could tell no acknowledgement of all Harrison had done for the Steelers through the years...then again some players voicing issues of Harrison recent work ethic and behavior.  Not a happy divorce at all.

3 hours ago, ChasBB said:

Marshawn Lynch needs 98 yards to hit 10000 yards and NFL Network says Stub Hub Center gonna be packed with Raiders fans - that's good for Buffalo.

Good for Bills also if Lynch is super motivated in the final game to gain those yards

Of course, in Doug Marrone's first year as Jags coach THEY will make the playoffs.

Of course, since we didn't hire Anthony Lynn, he will very likely take the Chargers to the playoffs in his first year.

To be a Bills fan,  sigh.

17 hours ago, RobH063 said:

No way does Marrone get any forgiveness from me. There's never been any real explanation of why he left so I can't forgive the guy unless I know the truth.

Seemed to me like a power struggle with Whaley and Brandon - and a built in out in his contract.

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Of course, in Doug Marrone's first year as Jags coach THEY will make the playoffs.

Of course, since we didn't hire Anthony Lynn, he will very likely take the Chargers to the playoffs in his first year.

To be a Bills fan,  sigh.

Obviously...

I will say this,,, no way does Jax want to be swept by Tennessee and then have to play Tenn in the first round.  They would like to eliminate the Titans now.

The Chargers will probably handle the Raiders at home.  I'd like to think Oakland will show up but i just think LA is better and won't let this one slip.

Cinci still has remnants from their playoff teams and they aren't that bad.  They beat Detroit last week who had everything to play for.  They traditionally play the Ravens tough in Baltimore and they will try to win Marvin Lewis' last game.  I like Cinci's chances.

22 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Sarcasm?

I could see why folks would be upset he left but with 3 plus years of hindsight isn't it safe to say that what was in place at OBD was dysfunctional? It's very easy for me to understand why he left.

a free $4 million lottery ticket is why he left and why anyone in his situation would have done the same thing. Bills screwed themselves over with that contract.

Edited by matter2003