Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

I’ve read a lot of the Bosch books. Loving the series we started a few days ago, but I might miss a good Thursday night game as my wife got hooked on it with me. I said “one episode only” before we started, which is similar to “I’ll go to the game when she falls asleep”, I’m guessing. 

I highly recommend Bosch. 

• Like (+1) 1

On November 19, 2020 at 8:20 PM, Augie said:

I’ve read a lot of the Bosch books. Loving the series we started a few days ago, but I might miss a good Thursday night game as my wife got hooked on it with me. I said “one episode only” before we started, which is similar to “I’ll go to the game when she falls asleep”, I’m guessing. 

I highly recommend Bosch. 

Top show I've ever streamed.  It gets better and better.

• Like (+1) 1

I have now finished "The Queen's Gambit" on Netflix and relished it slowly, only allowing one episode per viewing.

It's only 7 one-hour episodes and it goes by quickly.

One of the most enjoyable shows I've seen in several years.

If you have Netflix, sit down and start watching!  You won't regret it.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I have now finished "The Queen's Gambit" on Netflix and relished it slowly, only allowing one episode per viewing.

It's only 7 one-hour episodes and it goes by quickly.

One of the most enjoyable shows I've seen in several years.

If you have Netflix, sit down and start watching!  You won't regret it.

Agreed! I loved that it was 7 episodes. These Netflix shows all seem to go on well past their shelf life. This was just so perfect in length. As another poster said above, I am thinking about picking up the book and reading it now. 

On 11/23/2020 at 3:35 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed! I loved that it was 7 episodes. These Netflix shows all seem to go on well past their shelf life. This was just so perfect in length. As another poster said above, I am thinking about picking up the book and reading it now. 

I bet you will enjoy the book.  It's probably better than the show, and the show was great!

On 11/23/2020 at 1:38 PM, teef said:

i just learned that mind hunter will not have  a season 3.  it's not canceled, but the creator really wants nothing to do with it right now.

How dare he. It's worse when the creater willfully leaves fans hanging and it's not a typical production issue.

Edited by LeGOATski

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 11:28 PM, Nextmanup said:

I just finished the first episode of "The Queen's Gambit" on Netflix.

All I can do is add to the enthusiastic response already referenced in this thread.

It's a seriously well done show and I am enjoying it greatly! 

I finished it last night, which made me sad! It was the second time thru the whole series for my wife and she still enjoyed it immensely. 

Glad to read that Bosch has one more season coming out in the spring. 

Looking thru here for suggestions on what to do next. 

On 12/10/2020 at 1:02 PM, Blokestradamus said:

I watched My Octopus Teacher on Netflix last night. It's a beautiful documentary about a man and his relationship with an octopus.

It's so much better than it sounds. Gets quite moving at points.

It sounds like the title of a Goosebumps story

Binge watched Chernobyl on HBO Max last weekend. It's a mini-series, so only 5 episodes. It was outstanding.

We started watching Perry Mason last night. Only 2 episodes in, but looks like it has potential.

• Like (+1) 1

Finished Queens Gambit last night.  As others have said, very enjoyable show.  IMO, there was a “lull” during a couple episodes toward the end, but the beginning and ending of the series was quite interesting.

I had this suspicion down the stretch that something bad was going to happen to her in Russia at the end.  I won’t share whether I was right or wrong because I don’t want to spoil for others.

I just abandoned "DARK" on Netflix after 7 episodes.  I had heard that it had a slow start and you needed to give it time. Seems to be pretty popular.  

I gave it too much time!  Just a very derivative, not-super-well-done show.  Couldn't find a character I liked to save my life.  Kind of a dreary vibe, very slow moving, it's like 2 out of 5 star fare for me.

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I just abandoned "DARK" on Netflix after 7 episodes.  I had heard that it had a slow start and you needed to give it time. Seems to be pretty popular.  

I gave it too much time!  Just a very derivative, not-super-well-done show.  Couldn't find a character I liked to save my life.  Kind of a dreary vibe, very slow moving, it's like 2 out of 5 star fare for me.

I also jumped ship around the same time in the series for similar reasons.  It was like Dark Mirror’s ugly sister.  Not very well done.