Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

On 3/14/2021 at 12:28 PM, The Poojer said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but finally watched the Bee Gee's doc on HBO Max.  It was awesome.  I never realized how big they were even having grown up in that era.  Cool insights into what made the sounds and the songs

Yeah that doc was awesome!! HBO just knocks it out of the park with these and this one especially. 

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

I'm 5 episodes into Last Chance U on Netflix....really really really good watch

I'm right there with ya.  Very good show and the best of the series thus far, IMO.  Nice to see a HC who isn't a complete lunatic.  More focus on the players and their stories.

• Like (+1) 1

i didn't realize it was a series of series'.....now i am excited to check out the other seasons

31 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I'm right there with ya.  Very good show and the best of the series thus far, IMO.  Nice to see a HC who isn't a complete lunatic.  More focus on the players and their stories.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The Good Lord Bird on Showtime and Hulu is pretty good so far.  About 6 episodes in.  Ethan Hawke is pretty freakin awesome as John Brown.  Kinda has a Tarantino type vibe to it.  Check it out.

So far, my favorite show the year. Hope Hawke wins awards, he’s amazing as Brown. Other characters also jump off the screen. Finally Frederick Douglass on screen as a three dimensional person, as he was, not just a wooden hairdo. Douglass needs his own miniseries, his story almost unbelievable. At one time he was one of the most famous people in the world. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Did a search, didn’t  see this mentioned here.

“Glitch” on Netflix.  A few years old.  3 seasons, six 1 hour episodes per season so easy to binge.

Weird, but good and worth the watch.  Just finishing the last two episodes.  

Edited by davefan66

On 3/20/2021 at 3:24 AM, Tierlifer said:

2 great shows I found on Paramount Plus that is also on CBS All Access

One Dollar

Interrogation 

I have Paramount Plus. What are those shows abou? True crime?

I'm watching The Stand on Paramount Plus and I'm on episode 5. I really don't understand why people don't like this show. I think it's excellent.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/19/2021 at 9:29 AM, The Poojer said:

i didn't realize it was a series of series'.....now i am excited to check out the other seasons

If you enjoy the bball season you will likely despise some of the football ones. Jason brown was awful. Bad coach. Bad human. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Irregulars I thought was very good.

Age of Samurai,  Battle for Japan was the best documentary I have seen about the samurai. I love old recreations of the history of Japan with people raised to only know war for over 100 years. Amazing visual story and great narrative.

Edited by TBBills

On 3/31/2021 at 1:58 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Anyone watching Invincible on Amazon?

3 episodes released and I'm liking it so far. Based on a comic book, it's definitely more of a The Boys "real life" take on being a super hero. Great voice cast too.

I guess that's a no?

Too bad, I highly recommend.

• Like (+1) 1