Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Loved Hot Rod too. LIke i said, go in cold and the first 15 minutes will have you going "WHAT. THE. *****. IS. HAPPENING?!?" and then when it all comes together, it's a great take.

7 days in Hell and Tour de Pharmacy are also very good Samberg movies.  I believe they're both on Hulu now.

My oldest is one of the animators  on this Netflix series starting in a few weeks on Netflix. I know, shameless plug but it's my kid.

Netflix Is A Joke on Twitter: "Watch and learn. Jake Johnson is Coach Ben Hopkins in HOOPS, coming August 21st ? https://t.co/MPHvE5KvNK" / Twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/NetflixIsAJoke/status/1285243068694892545

• Like (+1) 5

• 4 weeks later...

Not usually a big TV guy, but have watched a few shows throughout the pandemic. 

Peaky Blinders- Incredible show, fantastic writing and acting.   Automatically went into my top ten.

Dead to Me- Not bad, some funny moments, good waste of time.

Afterlife- Better than Dead to me.  Love Gervais, looking forward to the next season.

Just finished the Mob documentary Fear City very cool to see the inner workings of Guliani starting to clean up the city. 

16 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The Umbrella Academy on Netflix is a lot of fun.  

I really enjoyed Season 1.

We are now up to episode 4 of Season 2, and I'm not enjoying the new season nearly as much.

Show has moved backward in my opinion.

I haven't started season 2 yet, finishing up Sons of Anarchy first 

Umbrella Academy was filmed in Hamilton Ontario, about an hour drive from Buffalo. Another Netflix show Titans was filmed in Toronto.

I'm looking forward to umbrella academy season 2 and season 2 of The Boys on Prime coming out later this month.

4 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

For those of you that like Stranger Things, Spree was decent. Not a fan of all the Youtube/Live streaming lingo that trended it's way into our lives though.

speaking of stranger things, I ran out of steam. Flew threw seasons 1 and 2, and in a rut in season 3. Haven’t really felt like finishing it. 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

I very much enjoyed The King of Staten Island  with Pete Davidson and Bill Burr (directed by Judd Apatow).  More than a few laugh out loud moments, and also some good “heart warming” moments.  Solid movie that I would recommend highly.

$5.99 on Amazon Prime right now, but I got it at Redbox for $1.85.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Just Jack said:

The Boys season 2 is out now on Prime

But it's just the 1st episode I believe, I thought I saw Prime was doing one episode a week for this.

3 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

The wife and I started watching Episodes on Netflix. We're 6 episodes in and hooked. Superb writing, hysterically funny and Matt LeBlanc is amazing playing a jaded version of himself. 5 stars so far.

I binged the entire series a few years ago and thought it was pretty good.

19 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Just rewatched season 1 of true detective. Remains excellent and was a good spacing of time since the first watch for anyone thinking of options 

This is probably the single best miniseries I've ever watched. Fantastic from start to finish. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

This is probably the single best miniseries I've ever watched. Fantastic from start to finish. 

yea - whether a first watch or revisiting its fantastic. Couldn’t recommend it more 

the acting and the actual cinematography are out of this world. If it’s not a perfect 10 it’s only that the end of the investigation could have been a little more grand. But maybe that’s me wanting a little magic to match the quality and what’s actually great is that they didn’t make it magic though.

• Like (+1) 1