Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

I got sucked in and i regret it....while i have a soft spot for the whole franchise...these cobra kai shows are so contrived and filled with horrible acting...ralph machio and that Aisha chick leading the pack.  Billy Zabco is really the only one who is displaying any acting chops whatsover, and he is the only bright spot.  But alas i got sucked in and finished Season 2 last night, and that rumble scene is one of the most ridiculous several moments in cinematic history...there was just so much wrong with that whole scene.  But i will watch season 3 when it comes out...but i will do it begrudgingly

On 9/20/2020 at 6:56 AM, Teddy KGB said:

There is no fear in this dojo !!! 

All in on Cobra Kai.     I’m about 8 episodes in.   

• Haha (+1) 1

finally watched Dave Chappelle Sticks and Stones....he is pretty damned close to being this generations George Carlin.  Unlike Carlin, he tells stories that he makes his own, Carlin gave bullet points.  Unlike most other comics, Chappelle doesn't go to the lowest common denominator to get a laugh.  It took me a while to get on board with him but he just keeps delivering on some pretty funny and very thought provoking schitt!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, The Poojer said:

I got sucked in and i regret it....while i have a soft spot for the whole franchise...these cobra kai shows are so contrived and filled with horrible acting...ralph machio and that Aisha chick leading the pack.  Billy Zabco is really the only one who is displaying any acting chops whatsover, and he is the only bright spot.  But alas i got sucked in and finished Season 2 last night, and that rumble scene is one of the most ridiculous several moments in cinematic history...there was just so much wrong with that whole scene.  But i will watch season 3 when it comes out...but i will do it begrudgingly

The second season was a little corny but I’m gonna watch as many seasons as they put out.   

Johnny Lawrence is hilarious.   

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, The Poojer said:

finally watched Dave Chappelle Sticks and Stones....he is pretty damned close to being this generations George Carlin.  Unlike Carlin, he tells stories that he makes his own, Carlin gave bullet points.  Unlike most other comics, Chappelle doesn't go to the lowest common denominator to get a laugh.  It took me a while to get on board with him but he just keeps delivering on some pretty funny and very thought provoking schitt!!!!

I’ve watched Sticks and Stones probably 9 or 10 times.  Can’t get enough.  Chappelle is the GOAT, IMO.  Love the “alphabet people” bit.

• Like (+1) 1

I literally just saw this on facebook and came here to post it to you, and here you are responding to my post.....how weird is that????

Screenshot_20200929-181106.thumb.png.e42abaa89c51f57f711952c26a80afa2.png

32 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ve watched Sticks and Stones probably 9 or 10 times.  Can’t get enough.  Chappelle is the GOAT, IMO.  Love the “alphabet people” bit.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I literally just saw this on facebook and came here to post it to you, and here you are responding to my post.....how weird is that????

Screenshot_20200929-181106.thumb.png.e42abaa89c51f57f711952c26a80afa2.png

Huh.  Johnny Hammersticks NE IPA.  Never tried it, but I’m sure that whoever is brewing this stuff named it after me 🤷🏾‍♂️

18 hours ago, Special K said:

Fargo season 4 started this week on FX...one of my favorites for sure.

Anyone watching Nurse Ratched on Netflix? Halfway through it, and it’s interesting so far.

Fargo is so damn good! I have loved seasons 1-3 and 4 looks like it is going to be fantastic again.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, The Poojer said:

the rumble scene was insane. But other than that, I have found the acting in that show to be pretty solid. It’s not Orson Welles in Citizen Kane— but they are all solid actors. I was actually surprised Zabka is so good, since I wasn’t sure he had acted much beyond KK 1. 

by the way, just re-watched another favorite movie of mine— Bloodsport. Now if you want to talk about bad acting, Jean Claude Van Dam...

Anyone watching "Lovecraft Country" on HBO?

I think we watched the first 3 episodes and then gave it the yank.  I couldn't get into it, though the show does try to break some new ground in certain ways. 

On 9/19/2020 at 11:07 PM, Tierlifer said:

Space Shuttle documentary on Netflix is amazingly awesome. So in depth and intriguing. Never knew that NASA was so haphazard in their decision making at the time, of course I was in middle school at the time but remember the moment like my generations JFK. 

I second this recommendation - it was an excellent documentary - 4 42-minute episodes so easy to watch. I like how they spent time really telling you about who the astronauts were - as you might expect, these were very interesting and talented people - really drives home what we all lost.

On 10/1/2020 at 12:39 PM, Nextmanup said:

Anyone watching "Lovecraft Country" on HBO?

I think we watched the first 3 episodes and then gave it the yank.  I couldn't get into it, though the show does try to break some new ground in certain ways. 

Bumping my own post here!

I guess no responses means no one is watching Lovecraft?

I thought it would be more popular.

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

What's it about?  Not from the NJ/NYC area but sounds like something I might be interested in

Action Park was an amusement park outside on NYC in northern NJ. They ran ads that showed all the fun and exciting things you could do - a water park with a rope swing, jumping off high manmade cliffs into the water, and alpine slide, go carts, etc. They offered all these things, but didn't care much for safety. Park was staffed by 15 year old kids. They built some rides like a looping waterslide not with engineers, but by taking somebody's idea, building it and doing some of trial and error. It was jokingly called "Class Action Park" because so many people got hurt there and potentially sued. Several people actually died. The documentary goes through all of this but the stories are told by people who went as teens and "survived" so it's somewhat funny but pretty shocking - entertaining. 

3 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

Action Park was an amusement park outside on NYC in northern NJ. They ran ads that showed all the fun and exciting things you could do - a water park with a rope swing, jumping off high manmade cliffs into the water, and alpine slide, go carts, etc. They offered all these things, but didn't care much for safety. Park was staffed by 15 year old kids. They built some rides like a looping waterslide not with engineers, but by taking somebody's idea, building it and doing some of trial and error. It was jokingly called "Class Action Park" because so many people got hurt there and potentially sued. Several people actually died. The documentary goes through all of this but the stories are told by people who went as teens and "survived" so it's somewhat funny but pretty shocking - entertaining. 

Sounds like an entertaining Doc.  I'll put it on my list.  Thanks