Week 17: Dolphins Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Thompson & Gaines In

26CornerBlitz

15 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Of those nine scenarios, zero of them would result in the Bills making the playoffs

Dilly dilly? 

Well we either need Baltimore to lose (Everyone chose Baltimore) or we need LA and TENN to lose (Everyone picked LA). So yes, because of 2 unanimous decisions (kiss of death?) none of them let us in.

James Walker ESPN Staff Writer 

Dolphins OC Clyde Christensen said former OL coach and friend Chris Foerster is "doing well" and "working on his life" after resigning earlier this season. A video surfaced on social media of Foerster snorting a powdery white substance. He left the team soon after.

No matter what happens Sunday, this was a nice bonus for Bills fans, the fact that on New Years’ Eve, there’s a meaningful game that the Bills are involved in. For those of us who forecast four or five wins for Sean McDermott’s first team, it is certainly a surprise that the Bills could finish with nine wins for just the second time in the playoff drought, the others being 2004 and 2014. If the Bills beat Miami, but things around the league don’t go Buffalo’s way, there will be obvious disappointment in the immediate aftermath, but there should also be hope that the Bills are on their way back to respectability and relevance, two attributes that have been sadly lacking with this franchise for far too long. As for this game, one thing Bills fans should not do is get overconfident. After all, they are the Bills. My sense is that the Dolphins won’t play well and Buffalo will win, but it’s certainly possible that Adam Gase’s guys, who have had a disappointing season on the heels of making the playoffs in his first year as coach, could rise up and ruin the day for all of western New York. The Bills need to be sharp, and take care of their own business. MY PICK: Bills 24, Dolphins 20.

• Like (+1) 1

htw-bills-dolphins-12-31-story.jpg
Details on how to watch Buffalo's big AFC East matchup against Miami in Week 17.
Game Date/Time:
Sunday, Dec. 31 at 4:25 p.m. E.T.
Broadcast Information:
CBS
Television:
Play-by-Play: Andrew Catalon
Color Analyst: James Lofton
Bills Radio Network:
Buffalo:* WGR550 (550 AM)
Toronto:* Fan 590 (590 AM)
Rochester: WCMF (96.5 AM) and WROC (950 AM)
Syracuse:  WTKW (99.5 FM) and WTKV (105.5 FM)
Play-by-Play: John Murphy
Color Analyst: Mark Kelso
Sideline: Sal Capaccio

Posted by Chris Brown on December 30, 2017 – 12:29 pm

It hasn’t happened all too often in Bills team history that a single player has led the team in rushing and receptions in the same season. But this season LeSean McCoy looks like he’s going to become just the fifth players in team annals to lead the team in both rushing yards and receptions in a single season.

McCoy has been the team’s top pass catcher almost all season, and that combined with his typical rushing exploits will make him the first Bills player since Fred Jackson in 2014 to lead in both categories. Charles Clay is 14 receptions behind him so there’s virtually no chance of anyone catching up to McCoy.

Bills, Leading Team in Rush Yards & Receptions – All-Time
Player Year Rush Yds Receptions
Keith Lincoln 1967 601 41
Joe Cribbs 1983 1,131 57
Greg Bell 1985 883 58
Fred Jackson 2014 525 66
LeSean McCoy 2017 1,128 57
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Please..somebody tell me Miller is finally going to start over the weakest link (Ducasse).

Why?  Anyone who has been watching Ducasse over the past couple months sees that he has played well.  Much better than Miller that is for sure.  Hell, even PFF has him graded as slightly above average for the year 

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Why?  Anyone who has been watching Ducasse over the past couple months sees that he has played well.  Much better than Miller that is for sure.  Hell, even PFF has him graded as slightly above average for the year 

I haven't missed a down all year and usually watch a second time to key in on the trenches..just watching live doesn't serve justice.In my mind,he doesn't belong on a NFL roster.We will draft a G in the draft..it's a must...just like drafting a lb to replace a horrible Alexander is.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Please..somebody tell me Miller is finally going to start over the weakest link (Ducasse).

he has been on the injured list.
I missed him terribly.

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Past couple months eh ?

Prediction: Bills over Dolphins
- To me, the question isn’t about the Bills going down to Miami to win this game. I think they are going to be so fired up and completely focused on handling their business that they won’t let the moment get to them. That’s just the feeling I get from this team in talking with them day in and day out. This is a Dolphins team that they should beat, and as long as they don’t let Kenyan Drake dominate the game, they should be able to go into Hard Rock Stadium and leave with a victory — perhaps even in an impressive fashion, too. The question, though, is about whether or not they’ll get the help they need to put an end to the playoff drought that everyone that follows the team knows about, talks about, and discusses basically anytime this team is brought up. In that regard, I don’t know if I like their odds. The Baltimore Ravens have a 5-2 record at home, and their opponents — Cincinnati — is 2-5 on the road. And if they don’t get that game to go in their favor, it seems like an awfully tough challenge to get both the Tennessee Titans and the Los Angeles Chargers to lose a game that means everything to them at home. Between the hours of 4:25 and 8:00 pm, Bills fans are going to experience something they haven’t in a long, long time — the gripping pains of scoreboard watching in the final week of the season, with three likely-to-be-close games. However, I don’t think they’ll have to worry about the Bills being up for this game. They know the stakes, and I think we’re going to see a big effort from them on Sunday.

7 hours ago, papazoid said:

NFL Week 17 picks: Dolphins upset Bills and more of Pete Prisco's Best Bets

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-17-picks-dolphins-upset-bills-and-more-of-pete-priscos-best-bets/

Prisco would pick the Browns to win if we were playing them. He hates Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/28/2017 at 12:57 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Prisco would pick the Browns to win if we were playing them. He hates Buffalo.

He's the only CBS "Expert" to pick Miami. 

TAILGATE FORECAST: Mostly sunny and mild with only moderate humidity. Light wind, high UV index midday. Noon temperature: 71.

GAME TEMPERATURE: 73, dropping into 60s during the game.

WIND: NNE 7-12. Little impact on passing/kicking game.

PRECIPITATION: None prior to or during the game.

FORECAST: Mostly clear, tranquil, comfortably mild for first half; cooler after dark.

I know that deep down this is a serious long shot. I know we have been beaten down so many times..that only the worst is expected. That being said, if this team  somehow makes the playoffs tomorrow I am going to go nuts. We all deserve this. So much more then the Ravens, Titans, Chargers etc. We are one of the most loyal fan bases in pro sports and have been screwed over so many times. Just once, can it be our day? Can we ever just experience what normalcy is? One time? I don’t care if we lose 100-0 in the wildcard game. Please, just end this drought! 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I know that deep down this is a serious long shot. I know we have been beaten down so many times..that only the worst is expected. That being said, if this team  somehow makes the playoffs tomorrow I am going to go nuts. We all deserve this. So much more then the Ravens, Titans, Chargers etc. We are one of the most loyal fan bases in pro sports and have been screwed over so many times. Just once, can it be our day? Can we ever just experience what normalcy is? One time? I don’t care if we lose 100-0 in the wildcard game. Please, just end this drought! 

Amen.... I was 14 in 99. Just a kid who really wasn’t invested in the team like I am now and the playoffs weren’t rare back then. In fact I think I went snowmobiling that day and didn’t care that I missed the first 3 quarters of the game in Nashville..... I sat around my office running the odds in my head all week and thinking about “what if”. But all the while not really believing it’s gonna actually go our way. This morning I was trying to think about how i would handle it or how it would feel to see them make the playoffs and I realized I can’t really even know or register it at the moment. I have no idea of what that feeling is. 

I honestly can’t figure out how I’m gonna feel. And I with ya about the not caring whether we get blown out in the wildcard or not. Just freaking make it! I don’t care who the qb is, who the coach is, or anything else for that matter. I’m just ALL IN on seeing the postseason and finally understanding that “feeling”. 

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Amen.... I was 14 in 99. Just a kid who really wasn’t invested in the team like I am now and the playoffs weren’t rare back then. In fact I think I went snowmobiling that day and didn’t care that I missed the first 3 quarters of the game in Nashville..... I sat around my office running the odds in my head all week and thinking about “what if”. But all the while not really believing it’s gonna actually go our way. This morning I was trying to think about how i would handle it or how it would feel to see them make the playoffs and I realized I can’t really even know or register it at the moment. I have no idea of what that feeling is. 

I honestly can’t figure out how I’m gonna feel. And I with ya about the not caring whether we get blown out in the wildcard or not. Just freaking make it! I don’t care who the qb is, who the coach is, or anything else for that matter. I’m just ALL IN on seeing the postseason and finally understanding that “feeling”. 

Lol I was 13 and as an out of town fan was locked into every play in a rare game that I was able to see...and was just destroyed by that game and play

9 hours ago, Magox said:

It's true Ducasse has played better.

To say better or much better than Miller is your opinion.  You say it like Miller played incredibly poorly.  I don't think he did.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Agreed

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Guess we'll be seeing him tomorrow. 

I'd be shocked if we didn't.

The Dolphins will be out there to play spoiler. I do not believe that they are approaching this game just to evaluate their back-up players.