Jimmy Garoppolo is the Real Deal

26CornerBlitz

15 hours ago, 87168 said:

Yea. He looks amazing. Just irks me. While I never expected him to be traded within the division, but it would be amazing if we had a shot 

We did not.  The Patriots were asking more of AFC teams than NFC teams for him - even from the Browns.  No way they give him up to another AFCE team.  It was also rumored the Belichick wanted to trade Brady and sign Garoppolo long term, but that was nixed by Kraft.  At the time I assumed that the rumor was just posturing to get more in trade for him, but now I believe it.  

3 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

You're a snooty ass !@#$ head.

Stick to copy and paste. 

That's your arena.

Bleep off jackass. 

Stick to popping into threads with troll bombs.  It's what you do with nothing of value added.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Doc said:

That the Jags lost because Bortles kept turning it over.  Which has nothing to do with Jimmy G. 

That's what Bortles does all too often throughout his career. 

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Nice to see that this topic is finally showing the true Christmas spirit.

That's what happens when trolls drop in.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

20 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

JG is doing it with Goodwin as his #1 WR......Dak has Bryant, Zeke and the #1 oline in the NFL.....

You forgot Witten in there, shell of his old self, but still a very solid TE in the NFL which lacks consistent talent at the position overall throughout the NFL.

5 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

You forgot Witten in there, shell of his old self, but still a very solid TE in the NFL which lacks consistent talent at the position overall throughout the NFL.

Elite tight end play was supposed to be the next frontier in the league. It never happened across the league, and guys like Clay were signed to contracts that were far too big.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Dak has a great OL and a fantastic RB in Zeke Elliott?   Where are those comparables on the 49ers who had won one game before Jimmy G was named the starter?  Yesterday he had a great game against the best D in the NFL  Explain that away if you will.   I'm betting you can't.  Your comparison of Dak to Garoppolo is not a good one. 

The NFL is littered with QB's that were going to be the next big thing and then fizzled out. He may end up being "The Real Deal".. I just don't know that anyone can say that after 5 games. If people want to hang from his coin purse it doesn't bother me.

49 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

JG is doing it with Goodwin as his #1 WR......Dak has Bryant, Zeke and the #1 oline in the NFL.....

Had all that yesterday

I think what Jimmy is doing in SF right now is great, but I also think Shanahan deserves some credit. A coach can make all the difference. Look at Carr this year without Musgrave, look at Ryan this year without Shanahan, look at Goff's turnaround under McVay, and look at what Garoppolo is doing now under Shanahan. QB's can have ability, but it is also up to the coaching to get the most out of them. 

Edited by H2o

It’s amazing how a quality QB can instantly change a franchise. Jimmy G. Instantly made SF an up and coming team and #2 in their division next year IMO. The Bills need to either trade up and get a quality QB in the top 10 this year or do something crazy like trade for Andrew Luck or Cam Newton if possible. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I'd still pump the brakes on JG.  If I were the 49'ers, I'd franchise him and see how does over a full season next year before committing huge dollars.

49ers GM John Lynch:

“This place is coming to life again, man,” Lynch continued. “It’s really fun. A couple weeks ago, I’m not a big Twitter guy, but I was tweeting like I never have, because I just want this young team to feel like this is what happens when you play well.”

They’ll all get one more week of it before the reality of the offseason hits next Monday. All this fun will be on hold for another eight months, and the team will need to figure out how it’ll use all its draft picks and the $100 million in cap space burning a hole in its 2018 pockets.

But comparatively? This is pretty good. The last three offseasons kicked off with coaching searches in Santa Clara. This one will kick off with a contract negotiation with the quarterback that’s taken a month to win over a region.

“Great problem to have,” Lynch says. “Everyone’s looking for that guy, and we feel like we’ve got him in the building. We’re gonna do everything we can, and we have great respect for his representation in Don [Yee], and we’re gonna get to work. He has great perspective, he’s been through this before.  We’ll get together and try to make it happen.

“We’ll probably have to have some patience, because these things don’t happen right away, but we’re gonna make every effort to get this done and secure him and make him a Niner for a long time to come.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/25/the-unstoppable-jimmy-garoppolo-and-other-week-16-thoughts/?sf177396980=1

Jimmy Garoppolo has been the best player in the NFL over the last month.

It was only a month ago that the 49ers were 1-10 and ranked 31st in everyone’s power rankings. Then they made Garoppolo their starting quarterback, and now they’re on a four-game winning streak. Has any player, ever, been responsible for that kind of turnaround, for a team suddenly turning from bad to good? Not that I’ve ever seen.

The Jaguars have the best defense in the NFL and entered yesterday having won seven of their last eight games, but they were no match for Garoppolo yesterday. He absolutely picked them apart, throwing for two touchdowns and running for another, in a 44-33 win.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

It’s amazing how a quality QB can instantly change a franchise. Jimmy G. Instantly made SF an up and coming team and #2 in their division next year IMO. The Bills need to either trade up and get a quality QB in the top 10 this year or do something crazy like trade for Andrew Luck or Cam Newton if possible. 

Free Agency comes before the draft.  We have to get rid of TT in my view first.  Then we got to estimate what we think MIGHT happen in the draft.

Then we decide on a FA QB.  We got to get someone in FA, question is how big and costly.  Then do the best we can after that when it comes to the draft.

I believe it's a tricky problem to navigate.

If I had to "error", I'd error on too big of a FA signing and then picking the best QB (even moving up).

If both look good, you can always deal one off for a minimal loss in the future.

I'm 100% in on pursuing a Very Good or better QB at all costs.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

So at the end of the season he is a UFA? Holy crap we need to take a shot at him!

9er's will tag Jimmy at the very least.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Probably true, but they did trade us Bledsoe, so the least they could do was trade us Brady B-)

....Jimmy G vs Deadsloe?.....Jimmy is 4 years younger versus Bledsoe (30) coming off a serious injury and slower than Tolbert......closest we'd every get to BRADY is.....Quinn, the "Green Room Guy"....I shouldn't be so harsh...Drew ran a 4.7 40 at the combine.....I believe it was 4 MINUTES, 7 SECONDS though..

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Buffalo Bills never think QB is the most important position...ever

Like Luke Skywalker said, nothing in that sentence is true.   They traded for Bledsoe. They traded back into first round for Losman.  They have drafted multiple QBs in multiple rounds.  They have signed FAs. They have traded multiple picks for QBs.

The Bills like every other team have no idea which QB will turn out to be good.  A GM traded Brett Favre.  32 GMs passed on Brady at least 5 times.  A GM took Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, and insert 20 or 30 other busts over the last two decades including Losman and Manuel.  

You just have to keep trying but you do not have to give up picks to get a QB - especially not in the 2018 draft.

7 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Like Luke Skywalker said, nothing in that sentence is true.   They traded for Bledsoe. They traded back into first round for Losman.  They have drafted multiple QBs in multiple rounds.  They have signed FAs. They have traded multiple picks for QBs.

The Bills like every other team have no idea which QB will turn out to be good.  A GM traded Brett Favre.  32 GMs passed on Brady at least 5 times.  A GM took Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, and insert 20 or 30 other busts over the last two decades including Losman and Manuel.  

You just have to keep trying but you do not have to give up picks to get a QB - especially not in the 2018 draft.

A 2 on collins

They gave up a 1 and 4 for rob Johnson

A 1 for bledsoe

A 1 and 3 for losman

3 on edwards

Fitz experiment

A 1 on manuel

Tt experiment

They have tried but just failed miserably

On December 24, 2017 at 8:08 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Insert real QB = presto! Offense! Wins! 

Lets try it Bills!

So !@#$ing glad he’s not in our division

What on earth do you mean?

We have a real QB here already!  Tyrod is really good, he's just misunderstood by the fans.

I've read here lots of times from many posters!  It must be true!

• Like (+1) 1