When did you know today's game was over?

Chicharito

5 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

At the national anthem when Taylor was standing there without the flu. 

Good one, agreed.

And who would be the starter?  Peterman would have gotten the Bills a top ten draft pick and no playoffs.  They had limited options.

Once we were insidd the Patriot 10 yard line on back to back possessions to end the first half and begin the second half and we got 2 FGs instead of 2 TDs...one on the Clay drop/Benjamin screwed over sequence and then Shady gets us inside the ten and we try some stupid trick play throwback screen to O'Leary that loses 9 yards on 1st down...

Could have went up by 2 TDs and put a lot of pressure on the Pats but we kept them in it and let the refs help work their magic... 

3 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Me when they handed the ball to Tolbert on 2&25. 

I'll do you one better, son............when TT actually put the team in the -25 yards from scrimmage to begin with.

TT was friggin disgraceful today.

Yeah, he had a couple of good plays, but when the game was wide open for us to finally take control in the 2nd half, he let them team down (yet again) by trying to be fancy in the backfield instead of just throwing the ball away.

TT has to go.

• Like (+1) 1

To win this game we would have to had played completely error free and converted every red zone trip into a TD. We failed to do that. The drop in the endzone by Clay? was a gut punch,  the Benjamin TD being overturned was a kick to the nuts but we were still looking good on that first drive of the 2nd half. The real momentum swinger was the 15 yard sack on TT. It killed the entire series right there. Probably one of TT's worst plays as a Bill.  Once they had us there the Pats D smelled the blood in the water. It was absolutely crucial we score on that possession and give our D some time to rest instead after the sack we have an absolutely incredible 2nd and 25 but here comes the call of the season from Dennison. A draw to Tubby Tolbert. Maybe Shady there might have caught them off guard but a big lumbering guy like Tolbert who even if he had the element of surprise on the draw would have been so slow that the defenders would have caught him before even 10 yards just finished us off. 2 supremely boneheaded plays in a row.

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I really think PI needs to be changed from a spot foul to a 10 yard penalty.  The current rule gives the officials too much power to decide the outcome of the game on what is obviously a judgment call that is applied in a totally inconsistent manner.  With some teams mysteriously being on the right side of the calls all the time, getting the calls and not getting called.  It seems lIke part of the playbook of some teams to 'draw' these fouls by chucking the ball downfield instead of something that happens as a result of the play, gaming the rules.  Brady certainly does this and to their credit it works.

As for plays that decided the game 15 yard sack, Clay's drop, bogus replay, and missed FG from 50 were it for me.

That sound like a good solution.

In practice i am afraid every defender will do PI on every throw to prevent the big play anytime it is even an inkling of being completed.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

4th and 1 at the NE 32 and McDermott elects to attempt the 50 yard FG instead of going for it.  Hauschka missed.  Game over. 

I agree but will also add.....I felt the game was over when Hauschka trotted onto the field. The result didn’t matter.

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

As soon as we didn't go for it in 4th and 1 or whatever. Knew we were gonna miss that fg

Right then and there. What I said at the time: you know the Pats are going to score on every possession in the 2nd half. You need points, and a lot of them. Not just a chance at 3 points. I hate to say it, but the Pats proved me right, almost immediately.