Incognito: Gronkowski took his shot, now it's our defense's turn

JoshBarnett

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I would accept that 15 yard penalty to end the Pats season...might as well get the shot in now before the NFL adopts a new “targeting” rule in the off-season 

The NFL already changed the Tuck Rule, PI rules, eligible/ineligible receiver rules, and soon redefine what a catch is. All because those rules were used to help NE. The hundreds of times they were used to help other teams, no one cared. 

The real question is will Buffalo torpedo any chance at the playoffs to intentionally injure Brady or Gronk? Under Rex, they certainly would. Miami would. So would the Bungles. 

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Exactly--Richie should be the last one to talk.

Also, he has a history of making retribution threats--all talk.

For example:

"[I want to] --- in your ---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your ---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. --- you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

I mean....did he drop a deuce in Martin?  Slap his "real" mother? Did he ever KILL Martin?

Did he ever "run a train" on Martin's sister? 

Not that we know of.  Richie is all talk!

Anyway....You almost get the impression he has been barely bottling up "Real Richie" while in Buffalo so he can keep cashing checks.  Like the Hulk, you can only imagine the energy it takes to keep it bottled up.

Why?  What did Martin do to Ritchie?  Besides play lousy football next to him and get him suspended for it, that is? 

Martin's a nobody.  He's out of league and not cashing any checks, much less making Pro Bowls.

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why?  What did Martin do to Ritchie?  Besides play lousy football next to him and get him suspended for it, that is? 

Martin's a nobody.  He's out of league and not cashing any checks, much less making Pro Bowls.

People will go to wits end to deflect blame from people they like. 

Richie seems to have changed but that doesn't mean he didn't make a mistake.

Edited by Elite Poster

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Dress a PS guy in Holmes place. Send him out on the first play to break Gronks ankle. If he gets thrown out, so be it

Not feasible as they'd have to waive someone. McDermott has the team focused on winning instead of revenge.  The time for retaliation was immediately when Gronk pulled his dirty and deliberate assault on the defenseless White. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not feasible as they'd have to waive someone. McDermott has the team focused on winning instead of revenge.  The time for retaliation was immediately when Gronk pulled his dirty and deliberate assault on the defenseless White. 

My guess is eliminating the most dynamic player on the opposing team early would greatly increase the chances of winning.

3 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I predict the refs are going to be so sensitive to the idea that the Bills might retaliate that they will be throwing multiple flags on every play.

It's been that way since Marsha became the "Golden Boy" of the NFL. 

6 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

I would be jacked if they came out of the tunnel (after warmups were normal) with the entire defense wearing arm braces.

Note: autocorrect changed "if" to "off" but I caught it.

It would be a great statement. Hard to believe he intentionally used that brace and basically got away with it. Great precedent NFL, I am sure the Bills have a backup they could spare for a week to do a flying elbow smash after the play on Brady or Gronk. 

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I would accept that 15 yard penalty to end the Pats season...might as well get the shot in now before the NFL adopts a new “targeting” rule in the off-season 

I'll see your 15 yard penalty, and raise you a $100,000 fine and 2 game suspension.

There is almost no penalty too great to nullify the shear joy I would feel if we ended Brady's season, particularly if on a cheap shot that is a public display of obvious vengeful retribution.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Go out, play hard, hit the guy in front of you harder than he hits you. Don’t be dumb and take 15 yards for a slap fight but don’t shy away from being the team that’s imposing its will. If you can do that most of the game, odds are you’ve hit gronk plenty hard along the way.

This.

4 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I predict the refs are going to be so sensitive to the idea that the Bills might retaliate that they will be throwing multiple flags on every play.

In the linked piece, Incognito suggested it would be just the opposite.

Refs likely to be lenient b/c they know Gronk has it coming to him.

I was really encouraged by Incognito's comments here; maybe someone will try to get a little retribution after all.

If this game is out of reach at some point prior to the finish (likely) someone better make good.

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

This.

Not that.

We're losing the game anyway.  Take the 15 yard penalty.

It's OK.