How should the team respond to Gronk?

Magox

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

if you are waiting for the Refs ( I AM LOOKING AT YOU PRESTON BROWN ) to do the right thing ? you are going to be there awhile.
Play to the edge. It is what the game demands

Kill the Gronk and the Body will wither ?
figuratively of course ;)

play over aggressive you lose discipline. field discipline.

Every one should just do their job. Because they should hit hard and effectively every play. Beating down the opponent physically and emotionally down after down does win games

And that would seem to be McDermott ball. I can't see him preaching anything other than discipline and giving it 100%.

54 minutes ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

There's an article somewhere out there that explains it in good detail. Basically there's so much scar tissue in that arm that operating again would be nearly impossible, making another arm injury career ending for him. Something to do with resistant viruses causing severe infection. 

I still say if if he ever uses it as a weapon again like that it gets taken away, and whatever happens to his arm after that is on him for abusing the bionic arm. But that won't happen, because he is both a Patriot and a superstar player. NFL needs players like that because the game is a lot more exciting with guys like him playing. 

Exactly.  That is why he wasn't suspended for the Steelers game.  I think the NFL wanted him to play; as you pointed out, he is good for ratings...people want to watch him play.  Same with Brady.

I think one and done with the metal backed brace; it should have been taken away after the cheap shot on Tre White.  Agree with your logic.

1 hour ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

There's an article somewhere out there that explains it in good detail. Basically there's so much scar tissue in that arm that operating again would be nearly impossible, making another arm injury career ending for him. Something to do with resistant viruses causing severe infection. 

I still say if if he ever uses it as a weapon again like that it gets taken away, and whatever happens to his arm after that is on him for abusing the bionic arm. But that won't happen, because he is both a Patriot and a superstar player. NFL needs players like that because the game is a lot more exciting with guys like him playing. 

This is where I disagree.  He's proven beyond a doubt that he uses that arm brace as a weapon.  He's lost the argument that he needs the brace for protection.  Its getting like pro wrestling.  Are our guys permitted to carry clubs onto the field with them?  How about all the Bills players come out with protective arm braces and use them to throw forearm shivers.  A lot easier when you've got metal, isnt it?

MYTH: Rob Gronkowski is impossible to cover consistently, and all you can do is limit the damage.

REALITY: Gronk can be covered successfully, but it's going to take an unconventional strategy to do it

It was Mitchell who said before the game that Gronkowski is successful “when people don’t put their hands on him.” 

Linebacker Ryan Shazier added that the Steelers would do everything possible to upset Gronkowski's timing with Tom Brady.

Here's the first problem: Gronk is more physical than the average tight end, and when you press him, he can simply out-muscle you and adjust his timing.

Flaring him to the boundary of the formation creates seemingly impossible matchup issues. New England called a pass on 150 of the 154 plays in which Gronk was split wide, so opponents know what's coming when this happens, and they still can't stop it. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/17/mythbusters-rob-gronkowski-patriots-bills-nfl-week-2

22 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

But personally what Gronk did is as low as low can be in the game of football, and since the NFL didn't do any justice, vigilante justice should be on the table...

Was going to say this, but you beat me to it. Paging Mr. Paul Kersey! Lol

I get the fact that many fans want to be the "grown-ups" about this and just play good physical football.   And I largely feel that way in the vast majority of the aspects of my life.

However, this in my view is different.  I'm not advocating to injure him, I want to see a Bills player absolutely plow him into the dirt, even if that means in doing so when Gronk wasn't looking.  These are all men filled with lots of adrenaline and there is a camaraderie developed among one another and part of that is defending your mates. I think something like this if done very early in the game would help set the tone for a physical battle, plus it would put Gronk on notice that maybe more is to come and he better watch his back.    

I would view this almost in the same light as what we see in baseball.  Except this wouldn't be a brush back but an actual plunking of Gronk.   It's a sign of Tre's teammates saying, "we got your back".   And it should be a one-off..   Then after that, we continue playing good physical football, maybe a little more physical than normal and look to execute.

That's the way I'd hope they'd approach it.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, ALF said:

MYTH: Rob Gronkowski is impossible to cover consistently, and all you can do is limit the damage.

REALITY: Gronk can be covered successfully, but it's going to take an unconventional strategy to do it

It was Mitchell who said before the game that Gronkowski is successful “when people don’t put their hands on him.” 

Linebacker Ryan Shazier added that the Steelers would do everything possible to upset Gronkowski's timing with Tom Brady.

Here's the first problem: Gronk is more physical than the average tight end, and when you press him, he can simply out-muscle you and adjust his timing.

Flaring him to the boundary of the formation creates seemingly impossible matchup issues. New England called a pass on 150 of the 154 plays in which Gronk was split wide, so opponents know what's coming when this happens, and they still can't stop it. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/17/mythbusters-rob-gronkowski-patriots-bills-nfl-week-2

How about, say, having Logan Thomas cover him? ;)

9 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

After Tre White tried to injure Gronkoski's Elbow with the back of his Neck we should allow him to run free, make uncontested catches, score TDs and then one lucky Buffalo Bill should trade jerseys with him after the game.

out of rep points currently  -- Now that was funny!!!  thanks 

22 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

The best response to Gronk's cheap shot is to end brady's career. A broken knee or neck should do it.

And spare me the "he has a family" argument. Dude has more money than God. His family will be fine.

I can realistically see taking out a knee, but whoever does that will get one hell of a fine and suspension.  I do hope Brady gets pummeled, though.

I understand that winning is the most important thing, but given the history does anyone realistically believe that is going to happen?  Let's be honest with ourselves, they have better talent, a better quarterback and better coaching.  Everyone is saying that winning is the best revenge.  That is correct, but assuming that is not going to happen, I think it is necessary to take Gronk or Brady out to simply send a message that we are not going to simply bend over and take it.   Gronks cheap shot (one of the cheapest I have seen and borderline criminal) could have seriously injury White.  We can't simply sit back and take it.  I would rather lose big and send a message to the Pats and the rest of the league that Gronks activities will not go unnoticed or unpunished.

That being said, the most likely outcome is a Bills loss, bs penalties called against the Bills so that the refs are not seen as losing control of the game, no payback and a very disappointed fan.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/20/2017 at 9:21 AM, Patrick_Duffy said:

They should respond by winning in Foxboro. You can bet that the refs will be watching for anything "revenge like" real close, so even the slightest bs will be called. We all know how Pats vs Bills games are usually called anyway. So best thing is just go in there and come away with a win somehow.

Yup.  Belichek is too smart to let this go.  During pregame stretching he will find the head ref and make sure he is aware that the Bills will be after revenge and he will remind the refs to be mindful of any extra shots during or after a play.  

Other than nice and hard legal tackling the Bills should not initiate any revenge stuff, it will cost em 15 yards every time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't care about injuring him, that's not a humane thing to do. If I'm the coach I put in a backup Dlineman and just tell him to walk up and punch him straight in the mouth. 

Cretin isn’t human, so...