More from obd

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

We are not trading for marcus peters  he is a bad teammate.  it is on the offensive side of the ball

I never said they were.  I was just pointing out that is player the chiefs would be happy to trade.  I looked over the roster from top to bottom.  I will be interested to see who it is .  I can't figure ouy who is worth a high pick    

"New Era field II" pending the right of first refusal to name the place...

East of the city for regionalization

Near an exit on the 90 for convenience/traffic flow

Other major routes nearby so easy to get in and out in all directions

not near swamp lands

lots of open space

closer to Buffalo than rochester

closer to the airport

not all the way to Batavia

Don't bother worrying about getting in on the action. Those cakes were baked long ago. the land that will be valuable was already scooped up long ago.

Just open google maps or google earth and ask yourself if you had billions where would YOU put it east of the city... the potential locations become clear. Lots of land east of the city is swamp, and therefore unusable 

Open air+ just as much in the snow belt as well

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

not near swamp lands

lots of open space

closer to the airport

Don't bother worrying about getting in on the action. Those cakes were baked long ago. the land that will be valuable was already scooped up long ago.

Just open google maps or google earth and ask yourself if you had billions where would YOU put it east of the city... the potential locations become clear. Lots of land east of the city is swamp, and therefore unusable 

I was thinking somewhere in the vicinity of Darien would make sense. Maybe we can watch Kirk Cousins throw a TD from the top of the Superman

16 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

not near swamp lands

lots of open space

closer to the airport

Really? I had no idea there was swamp land, but I left there as a 17 year old. Is that for real? 

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Really? I had no idea there was swamp land, but I left there as a 17 year old. Is that for real? 

Not like outside of Syracuse but large enough patches where it's not even farmed now because the ground is soft and prone to flooding... 

If you look at the map to the east along the thruway corridor and imagine owning a football team and having billions of dollars and wanting to build a stadium with large parking lots somewhat closer to Rochester (and much better access to the airport than in OP) there are a lot of flat, open, spots where nothing but fields currently exist. You would be pretty excited. 

Huge areas of flat, open and CHEAP land with no houses right along the NY State thruway... just as close to Buffalo as OP is but a solid 45 minutes or more closer to Rochester than OP is and much easier access from Canada and the north due to multiple access points

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Not like outside of Syracuse but large enough patches where it's not even farmed now because the ground is soft and prone to flooding... 

If you look at the map to the east along the thruway corridor and imagine owning a football team and having billions of dollars and wanting to build a stadium with large parking lots somewhat closer to Rochester (and much better access to the airport than in OP) there are a lot of flat, open, spots where nothing but fields currently exist. You would be pretty excited. 

Huge areas of flat, open and CHEAP land with no houses right along the NY State thruway... just as close to Buffalo as OP is but a solid 45 minutes or more closer to Rochester than OP is and much easier access from Canada and the north due to multiple access points

That would have to be Lancaster/Newstead area. Anything further east is not Erie County. Maybe the edge of Clarence but also a good amount of houses. I would assume a significant NIMBY response there though. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

That would have to be Lancaster/Newstead area. Anything further east is not Erie County. Maybe the edge of Clarence but also a good amount of houses. I would assume a significant NIMBY response there though. 

I’m NOT disagreeing, but we live about 3 miles from the Braves new complex in Atlanta. There was a LOT of concern about traffic! I was shocked that we were never once even remotely inconvenienced after a full baseball season (minus the playoffs, of course....it’s the Braves). But just today my son took his fiancé there for lunch, and I was there just last week. It’s a cool destination far more than a nuisance. Just an observation. 

Having said all that, I’d fully expect the pitchforks and torches to come out if it’s anywhere near nice residential areas in WNY. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's not their trajectory that I compared, although both proved flat.  I was doubting the truth that "extremely talented"  QBs need this many years to figure out the speed of the NFL.  Fitz was modestly talented, but he could figure things out pretty quick.

What is Bradford proven that he is better than Keenum at?  He never throws for elite numbers of TDs and yards.  Keenum (35 starts) came off the bench and got them to 10-3 (8 wins).  How long did it take him to figure out the speed of the NFL.  How would Bradford gotten them more passing production than Keenum? 

This guy, healthy, has never been an elite QB or shown elite talent in the NFL.  Elite talent isn't a hot streak of a small handful of games.  It's just not.

Watch the games. He has looked really good *as a QB* since growing into the role with the Vikings, and he was good in 2013 for the Rams (a bad organization). His career has been so punctuated by injury that it's been hard to progress, but there is a reason why he was the consensus #1 overall pick when he came out. Flat out, he is a better talent than you think he is. He is a far more talented thrower and player than Fitzpatrick, who consistently labors to throw it and is an interception machine.

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Any updates on the new stadium?

Pay attention! There is no new stadium. Just a bunch of dreamers and guessers, of which I am one. 

Maybe someday.....

Just wait until something is eventually announced....this place may crash! 

11 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I am amazed at the non believers. He is all over the place.  The sports world is very fluid. If you were following the Stanton situation everyone thought he would be on the west coast but he landed in New York happened at the last minute.  My source is not making decisions just is sharing what is being discussed. Don’t you think the redskins front office isn’t doing contigency thinking and what if scenarios around cousins?  What if we don’t sign him? What if we fanchise him again? Cost? What if will sign him to a long term deal? Cost is he worth the investment.  Don’t be naive.  Bills are parting ways with Taylor period.  Is peterman the answer? If yes, need experienced back up. If no then who? Cousins is their top pick, McDermott loves his commitment and preparation. If Washington franchise him then what? Vikings will have one or two qb available, are they the answers? If not then what.  Looking to kc. That how it works folks.   I am just passing on their current thought process and I am not saying with 100 percent certainty any of it comes true.  The bills don’t have any idea either what is going to happen either. On the stadium front, that news is accurate, the property been bought   Some people want 100percent certainty on every move, I have information that is accurate today but may change tomorrow,  we don’t make decisions for the redskins or the Vikings or kc.  This is called contigency planning.  Every organization does it so read the information or not.  If you don’t want inside information do not read my posts. The thought process will change based on circumstances and I am not being inconsistent just the thought process has changed based on the last domino. Make sense

Even without inside information, it's obvious the Bills are exploring post Tyrod options, and Cousins, Viking QBs and Alex Smith would be among the possibilities that might come to fruition in the off season.  Personally, I suspect that Cousins might turn out to be cost prohibitive, and I would definitely look in a different direction if Washington pursues a sign and trade strategy.  Way too pricey!  Alex Smith should be a little less expensive, but definitely not cheap.  A spare Vikings QB seems more realistic.

Thanks, Dunkirk Don.  Even though I can't accept what you say as gospel, I do appreciate your reporting.  I haven't heard anything from you that could be considered outlandish.  Everything has been feasible, and therefore worth thinking about.