if the bills make the playoffs and are a tough out, do you build a great oline with the picks, or still go after a top qb in the first?

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

They have already won too many games to go grab a top QB, too many teams need one this upcoming draft.

As much as the Bills want to be done with Taylor, I think they should draft linemen.  Both OL and DL are suffering.

That's not necessarily true.  Depends on how you define "top QB".

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

Draft Round :

1A - Chiefs pick - Baker Mayfield - QB - Oklahoma

1B - Bills pick #32 - Run stuffing beast of a DT

2A - OT

2B - LB

3 - WR - a speed guy that can run routes and catch the ball and who has never had a knee injury,,,, yet.

4-7 - Guard, TE, LB, CB all need an infusion of talent.

To answer the question ... Get your QB first. We should've gotten our franchise guy in this years draft, oooops.

After that, grab a Tackle and take a Guard later. there's a need for DT and LB too and that needs to be addressed.

Why not?

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

There is ZERO doubt that you get a QB.  If Tom Brady, or any other decent QB, had our roster of Offensive Skill Players they would be in the playoffs for sure!

Great analysis... if we had the Michael Jordan of football we would be in the playoffs...  Unfortunately these are once in a generation-type players that we have AT BEST 1 in 32 chance of getting (assuming this guy is in next year's draft)

Thinking purely in the football sense it depends who is there for QB when you pick. If your sitting at say 20, then I say pass on a QB and go for Oline or a WR. (Preferably one not made of glass) my reasoning is every expert saying there are only 2 or 3 QB worthy of being drafted in the 1st round so why reach for someone rather than make your team better and grab one in the second round.

if they have say the 15th pick then depending on how in love you are with a QB prospect you try to trade up to get him

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

QB

Enough of the hand me down QBs, there is a reason they are let go by their previous teams.

They have tried to resign him for 2 years. It's very well documented he doesn't want to stay with the Skins. Everyone was sure he would be in SF with baby Shanny...but trading for trading for Jimmy G likely changes that.

I would sign Cousins in a heartbeat. Draft OL, DL, LB, RB in some order with top 4 picks. 2 at OL or DL if value is there. Pick up a QB to groom behind Cousins with 3rd.

Of course that all hinges on Cousins wanting to leave Washington for Buffalo.

I believe in winning through the trenches although QB is very important.  If we make the playoffs though I think we'll miss out on the top guys.  I wouldn't sell the farm with what this team needs at other positions.  Now had we actually had gotten something for Marcel Dareus like an extra 3rd then that would have helped.  But now we only have one 3rd due to the Benjamin trade, no fourth I think and now only 5 picks in the first three rounds with a roster that needs a major infusion of talent to be throwing two picks at 1 player.

• Like (+1) 1

A lot depends on whether the Bills can get good FA linemen.  Both O and D lines are thin and have big holes.  Both need replenishment.  I think putting a promising young QB behind our current O line, which will only get worse with both Incognito and Wood getting old, is a recipe for disaster. That poor SOB will waste the first two years of his career (and his rookie contract) either running for his life, or on IR.  At least Taylor can get away from the rush, get in position to pass, and then who knows what he'll do but at least he'll have a chance. 

If the Bills can get three new O linemen as FAs, then maybe draft the QB.  Otherwise face facts.  This is a thin roster, with no skill at skill positions except Shady, and no LBs at all who strike fear into the hearts of opponents. This is the year to build up the team, with at least 8 rookies starting next year and excelling in 2019, when the new QB arrives (or Peterman breaks through).

QB whatever picks you have left try and fill some holes.  Fill some more holes in FA.  We aren't going to fill all the holes, but every team has holes somewhere.  Its a shame this team is so devoid of talent because said new QB isn't coming into a good situation.  Get him some oline help and possibly do better at the receiver position as a first priority IMO.

2 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

They have tried to resign him for 2 years. It's very well documented he doesn't want to stay with the Skins. Everyone was sure he would be in SF with baby Shanny...but trading for trading for Jimmy G likely changes that.

I would sign Cousins in a heartbeat. Draft OL, DL, LB, RB in some order with top 4 picks. 2 at OL or DL if value is there. Pick up a QB to groom behind Cousins with 3rd.

Of course that all hinges on Cousins wanting to leave Washington for Buffalo.

If Cousins is ALL that, why haven't the Skins made the playoffs?? No more hand me down QB's they are available for a reason.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

QB whatever picks you have left try and fill some holes.  Fill some more holes in FA.  We aren't going to fill all the holes, but every team has holes somewhere.  Its a shame this team is so devoid of talent because said new QB isn't coming into a good situation.  Get him some oline help and possibly do better at the receiver position as a first priority IMO.

An elite QB can fill multiple holes by his ability.