McDermott's Postgame Locker Room Victory Speech

26CornerBlitz

49 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Sad thing is though is TT supporters are thumping their chests again as if he had anything to do with the Bills winning today.

Has there been a game in the history of the sport where the quarterback who played every offensive snap didn't have something to do with the win???

Honestly, at this point, you just seem bitter.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Has there been a game in the history of the sport where the quarterback who played every offensive snap didn't have something to do with the win???

Honestly, at this point, you just seem bitter.

Not bashing TT after every win or loss is somehow thumping your chest. 

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Go beat the Pats at home next week and perhaps this speech will be more than just hollow talk in hindsight.

Either way it's still hard to be excited and not be deceived by what happened today....barely beating another bad team in the midst of their own collapse.

You are exceedingly boring and totally clueless, but carry on.

• Haha (+1) 1

I was probably one of Mcd's harshest critics this past week, but he had the boys ready to play today and pushed the right buttons.

The one complaint I had from him was on the Bills final offensive possession. When they ran it 3 times and punted. Would have liked to see them go for the first down and essentially end the game if they got it

Tyrods face is priceless.

They actually made defensive adjustments to the scheme based on personnel and it paid off. Less Zo and more Milano was a smart move.

They had several plays in nickel where they rushed 4 by only keeping two LBers on the field, Milano and Preston. This way, instead of Zo getting torched we could apply pressure and it worked beautifully.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

All week you and others predicted us to get smoked @ KC..

Talk about contradicting oneself

Actually I predicted a win as recent as this morning for the same reason we did end up winning....we played another terrible team trending in the wrong direction after a 5-2 start. In fact the Chiefs were 5-0 at one point with wins over the Pats and Eagles and everybody was talking them up as a serious contender and Alex Smith being a league MVP candidate.

Like I said a win is nice but just like in years past all these pointless late season wins serve nothing but to drum up false hope for next year and ruin draft position.

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

It's crazy to think we beat the Chiefs, Raiders AND Broncos this year but lost to the Chargers...

Going into the season, that looked like murderer's row. Back in September, most people would've predicted the opposite outcome of all those games with the Chargers being the lone Win.

Glad the defense stepped up. Needed that win to stop the bleeding.

Which is why every season is its own season. People who make predictions next year based upon the past year just want to hear themselves talk. 

Go beat the Pats at home next week and perhaps this speech will be more than just hollow talk in hindsight.

Either way it's still hard to be excited and not be deceived by what happened today....barely beating another bad team in the midst of their own collapse.

The line between good and bad in the NFL is  super-thin....

If the Chiefs slide continues we'll end up landing another good 1st round pick, probably around the middle of the 1st round if not much higher.

Wouldn't have thought that after they started 5-0 but just goes to show how things play out in this league over the course of a 16 game season.

I still believe in NP, but at least I admitted I was wrong last week (about him helping the team this year).

Sad thing is though is TT supporters are thumping their chests again as if he had anything to do with the Bills winning today.

He did contribute to the win. Wasn't gaudy numbers but it is a win.

1 hour ago, 87168 said:

hm, let's see. he didn't turn the ball over, which is something that cannot be said for Smith, or Pickman. ball security is more important than "taking shots downfield". teams who turn the ball over, often lose. the for Chiefs, for example. unless Zay threw to himself, im pretty sure TT had something to do with that.

Exactly.

I thought this board had high football i.q..

Taylor got us points,maintained a lead and did nothing to put that lead in jeopardy. Many games are won this way. 

He wasn't outstanding,but good enough to get a huge road win , playing within the offense. Solid effort by Taylor, who is now 20-18 as starter.

If the Chiefs slide continues we'll end up landing another good 1st round pick, probably around the middle of the 1st round if not much higher.

Wouldn't have thought that after they started 5-0 but just goes to show how things play out in this league over the course of a 16 game season.

I still believe in NP, but at least I admitted I was wrong last week (about him helping the team this year).

Nobody's "thumping their chest".....the problem is, even in the face of a poorly called game by the OC and the SAME bad Oline, somehow Taylor didn't do enough and that he sucks....blah blah blah.  All "people" are saying is that even with those obstacles to overcome, he played a solid game with no TO's.  Like I said earlier, Taylor masks the Oline issues....the same issues that contributed to Peterman's horrible outing last week.  So now they're good?  No...it just means Taylor's able to slide in the pocket and avoid sacks which makes the Oline look better.  Jeez, look at Shady's numbers today....49 yards on 22 carries....is he bad or is it most likely an Oline problem and predictable play calling?  I choose the latter.  See the point?

30 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Actually I predicted a win as recent as this morning for the same reason we did end up winning....we played another terrible team trending in the wrong direction after a 5-2 start. In fact the Chiefs were 5-0 at one point with wins over the Pats and Eagles and everybody was talking them up as a serious contender and Alex Smith being a league MVP candidate.

Like I said a win is nice but just like in years past all these pointless late season wins serve nothing but to drum up false hope for next year and ruin draft position.

And they had 1 loss @KC,from Pitt, prior to today, so this Bills team as a whole deserves alot of credit for winning in a place most teams falter, all while going through extreme adversity.

And if our coach didn't crack under pressure and start a 5th Rd rookie on the road, we might be 7-4 in beautiful position for a WC spot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Strethor said:

Chargers will 100% win that division 

Correct.

I am amazed at what’s happened to the Chiefs.  I thought they were the best team in football early in the year and now they look like garbage.  I’m not aware of a serious rash of injuries, so it’s a mystery to me...

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Hello SaviorPeterman. My name is PetermanThrew5Picks.

4 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Agreed...I stopped billieving after the Saints game...and this win over KC proves nothing imo...only way to get me back on board is with a win over the Pats.