Week 13: Patriots' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If that defense shows up again, they can beat anyone except maybe the Patriots. 

Unless KC's offense is really that bad, which I can't imagine it is...this season is so strange. I had no idea what I was watching yesterday when they had the ball, playmakers galore and they're running Kelce handoffs to Hill for -yards, weird offtackle stuff to Hunt at the exact wrong time...so strange.

Sidenote: Ragland looked pretty good against McCoy on a couple of downs, that dude is strong. 

KC's offense has been putrid for weeks now. They lost to the Giants and only scored a few FGs. Let's hope the win gave the team some swagger and confidence back for this week.

Either way, almost no defense is going to keep NE down. You need touchdowns to beat them, and lots of them. A bad day for them is 28 points.

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

KC's offense has been putrid for weeks now. They lost to the Giants and only scored a few FGs. Let's hope the win gave the team some swagger and confidence back for this week.

Either way, almost no defense is going to keep NE down. You need touchdowns to beat them, and lots of them. A bad day for them is 28 points.

I just don't see either Taylor or Dennison or whatever combination of them is responsible for the conservative offense we have being able to keep up in a shootout...I think we lose if the winning score is 25+. 

This is the problem with the offense. "Don't turn it over" works against mediocre to bad teams, but most of the time against any truly good team you will get smashed if you don't play 2017 football. 175 yards, a TD and a handful of nice runs isn't going to beat good teams UNLESS those good teams turn it over a few times, which can always happen but isn't something you can depend on.

This is the toughest game of the year.  I liken this game or the two games vs the Patriots as the head coach barometer.  No different than college football.  This past weekend there were rivalry games.  Gus Malzann did win a NC but he is bullet proof at Auburn cause he can beat Alabama.  On the other hand Harbaugh needs to beat Ohio St if he is not contending for titles.  Yes this is not a rivalry because its has been so one sided the past years, but these are the biggest games we have every year.  Its a playoff caliber game.  Its a game that historically turns Buffalo's Cinderella seasons into pumpkins, and usually by halftime.  The Bills teams historically look either out coached or too emotional to ever take advantage of opportunities when they arise in the game.  I am interested to see what the Bills look like on Sunday.  If Buffalo wins it will shift perception and trajectory of the season.  they play close I will still give them a chance down the stretch.  I expect as do most that this game gets ugly and this team is no different than the last 5 years teams.  Good enough to beat good teams, inconsistent enough to lose to poor teams, and not at the next level of play with elite teams to contend for championships.  

Gilmore has been playing well lately: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-new-england-patriots-35-miami-dolphins-17

CB STEPHON GILMORE, 89.3 OVERALL GRADE

Gilmore was targeted three times on 44 snaps in pass coverage. On those three passes, he allowed a 5-yard catch to make a quick tackle, intercepted a pass, and had a contested pass with safety Duron Harmon, who ended up with the interception on the Dolphins’ final offensive play of the game.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Gilmore has been playing well lately: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-new-england-patriots-35-miami-dolphins-17

Gilmore was targeted three times on 44 snaps in pass coverage. On those three passes, he allowed a 5-yard catch to make a quick tackle, intercepted a pass, and had a contested pass with safety Duron Harmon, who ended up with the interception on the Dolphins’ final offensive play of the game.

Gilmore Island is open for business and he's certainly hit his stride with the Pats after a rocky start. Will be interesting to see if TT even attempts to throw his way on Sunday.

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick addresses the media during his conference call on Monday, November 27, 2017.

By Andy Hart - patriots.com

New England coach talks about his team’s victory over Miami, guaranteeing the Patriots a winning record for the 17th straight season. 

By Paul Perillo - patriots.com

The Patriots limited the opponent to 17 points or less for the seventh straight game in their win over Miami.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Sidenote: Ragland looked pretty good against McCoy on a couple of downs, that dude is strong. 

We can't use guys like that.

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

We can't use guys like that.

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

It was the putrid Dolphins, who's own HC called their offense a joke. Big freaking deal. Gilmore is average and overpaid. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It’s obvious Shady and our OLine do better when the defense is more spread out. I’d like to see more of it, but I understand why we don’t. We need a better pass protecting line.

Mike Reiss

Five days after being signed off the Bills' practice squad, defensive end Eric Lee came up with four tackles and a sack in his Patriots debut.

Eric Lee's contract with Patriots extends through 2018 season

By adding a second year to his contract, the Patriots made a good-faith gesture and showed they have some long-range vision in mind with DE Eric Lee.

Here's my plan: let Tyrod try to win this one for you.

Playing safe, running the ball, relying on defense and not passing much will get you beat by 17+ points.

LET TYROD THROW. Go 2 minute drill the entire game and play like your hair is on fire. Get as many points on that scoreboard as you can, as fast as you can. We've tried the 1950's route plenty of times and we get hammered by these guys. Brady is going to score, unless the Giants SB defense walks through the door.

Bills sign CB Lorenzo Doss to practice squad

Posted by Chris Brown on November 27, 2017 – 11:45 am

The Buffalo Bills have made an addition to their practice squad, signing CB Lorenzo Doss.

Doss is a former fifth-round pick of the Denver Broncos in 2015. He was released by the club on Thanksgiving.

Doss (5-11, 187) has appeared in 15 career NFL games, mainly on special teams.

The cornerback had 15 interceptions in his college career at Tulane.

To make room on the practice squad the Bills cut OL Will Pericak.

If the offense plays to set up the punt then the game will be over by halftime.

Come out throwing. What is the worst that can happen? The team gets blown out? NE is blowing everyone out (again).

I really thought they would at LEAST just look like a normal good football team like the Steelers or the Rams. Win a lot, but lose a few and win some games by a FG.

NOPE. They are right back to blowing everyone out again. Yay.

So I say unleash your QB and see what happens. Let Tyrod throw 30+ passes.

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

If the offense plays to set up the punt then the game will be over by halftime.

Come out throwing. What is the worst that can happen? The team gets blown out? NE is blowing everyone out (again).

I really thought they would at LEAST just look like a normal good football team like the Steelers or the Rams. Win a lot, but lose a few and win some games by a FG.

NOPE. They are right back to blowing everyone out again. Yay.

So I say unleash your QB and see what happens. Let Tyrod throw 30+ passes.

The mindset has to be different this week.  Will McDermott and Dennison by extension realize that? 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The mindset has to be different this week.  Will McDermott and Dennison by extension realize that? 

Not sure... Dennison (and Kubiak by extension) is the same stubborn idiot who forced a crippled Manning to play under center for the first time in his career and execute his wonderful offense instead of the offense that set records the year before he got there. Let's move the QB around and do some bootlegs and play action... Never mind that the poor SOB could barely move when he was young and healthy. I think Manning looked a lot worse than he would have had he been running the same offense McCoy and Gase used. He also took a lot more big time hits than he ever did in the gun.

All this is to say that history suggests that Dennison will consider his special offense too sacred to adjust for any length of time. The punt is his favorite play in the offensive playbook.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Not sure... Dennison (and Kubiak by extension) is the same stubborn idiot who forced a crippled Manning to play under center for the first time in his career and execute his wonderful offense instead of the offense that set records the year before he got there. Let's move the QB around and do some bootlegs and play action... Never mind that the poor SOB could barely move when he was young and healthy. I think Manning looked a lot worse than he would have had he been running the same offense McCoy and Gase used. He also took a lot more big time hits than he ever did in the gun.

All this is to say that history suggests that Dennison will consider his special offense too sacred to adjust for any length of time. The punt is his favorite play in the offensive playbook.

Good points unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not allowed.  They should wear Blue on Blue perhaps. 

I think they would be allowed since they didn’t get to wear theirs during their color rush. The color blind clash would probably give them an exemption. I know another team wore theirs last year because they weren’t able to wear theirs on their Thursday night game.

Tom Brady versus the Bills :

21-11 W

12-9 W

38-7 W

27-17 W

0-31 L

31-0 W

31-17 W

29-6 W

21-16 W

35-7 W

19-17 W

28-6 W

38-7 W

56-10 W

25-24 W

17-10 W

38-30 W

34-3 W

31-34 L

49-21 W

52-28 W

37-31 W

23-21 W

34-20 W

37-22 W

9-17 L

40-32 W

20-13 W

41-25 W

Beating him DOES happen......just not often.....

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think they would be allowed since they didn’t get to wear theirs during their color rush. The color blind clash would probably give them an exemption. I know another team wore theirs last year because they weren’t able to wear theirs on their Thursday night game.

Good point.  We'll soon see.