The Penalty (Bad Call in Chiefs Game)

Numark3

Easily the worse call this year vs the Bills and arguably the worst ever. I just have no idea what he thought he saw?? Watch the receiver's head it doesn't look like it gets touched, moved or anything. Did he think that Gaines speared him with the helmet. If he did then he should retire now or be fired because he is blind. If he wasn't sure and made a game changing call like that when he wasn't 100% then fire his ass as well. I may have had a small aneurysm raging at my TV after watching that play!!

15 minutes ago, Buddo said:

If ever there was a reason to make any call able to be challenged, that was it.

It’s one of the few things Belichick ever said that I agree with. If some things are reviewable, just make everything reviewable. 

All the calls should come from guys in a booth with every angle of the game and have to provide video evidence for each call. We have the technology.

I didn't see it but the announcers mentioned it was a phantom call.

Edited by Lfod

The holding calls / non-calls late in the game were a joke too.

If you're going to call a hold on the Bills then you have to call a hold on the Chiefs since they were doing a lot of jersey grabbing too. Especially late in a close game it's ridiculous to call it in one team's favor.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Pass interference in the end zone on a Hal Mary in '98 in Foxborough.

I remember Wade and the Bills being so angry at that bogus call that there no Bills players on the field for the PAT. Terrible PI right after a bogus ball spot gave the Pats a 1st down. Still angry at that call.

Edited by Livinginthepast

Just now, Livinginthepast said:

I remember the Wade and the Bills being so angry at that bogus call that there no Bills players on the field for the PAT. Terrible PI right after a bogus ball spot gave the Pats a 1st down. Still angry at that call.

I may put that on my tombstone.  I won't let people forget.  That was the most pissed I've ever been at the refs.  At least the Music City Miracle was a close call.

36 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What really pisses me off about the NFL is they ream the players for minor offenses, but will any punishment come down for an absolutely horrible ref? Nope. He should be suspended like any player.

He'll be punished, if he gets enough wrist slaps during the season they won't let him work a playoff game or the patriot Bowl.

56 minutes ago, Buddo said:

If ever there was a reason to make any call able to be challenged, that was it.

Although Hughes getting called for celebrating a tackle with a team mate, the other year, is close.

At a minimum, they should allow a challenge if a penalty either results in, or negates, a first down. Just like challenging the spot.