Tyrod to start vs Chiefs

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

omg Give it a REST! QBR as in Quarterback rating as in statistics mean NOTHING if your not looking at the whole picture. Clearly you are not.

Pretty certain he was being sarcastic.

36 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Absolutely. This team has multiple problems. Oline. Dline. Linebackers. Corner. Wr. Qb. Depth. They better be amazing at drafting.

You are correct.  And Bills fans better be amazing at patience, because this is a multi-year project.

34 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Absolutely. This team has multiple problems. Oline. Dline. Linebackers. Corner. Wr. Qb. Depth. They better be amazing at drafting.

Drafting and free agency. Bottom line, if you don't have a good throwing QB in this team then the Bills will never be elite. This offseason we need to get our QB and build a strong offensive line and work from there.

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Drafting and free agency. Bottom line, if you don't have a good throwing QB in this team then the Bills will never be elite. This offseason we need to get our QB and build a strong offensive line and work from there.

Elite passing QB is a must. I remember the Kelly days. They were never out of it. I was at a houston game at home where they put up 21 in the last 8 minutes to win. Those were fun times.

58 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Its the thinking that Taylor is the 20th to 25th best qb in the NFL.  

Odds of the qb in the hat being better is favorable. 19 of 32 pulls = hat please 

No its not that hat is also full of Tuels, Jamarcuss, Sanchez, leinarts etc. Dont act like thid is easy yo expose it for what it is which is complete bs.

3 hours ago, Bill_with_it said:

No its not that hat is also full of Tuels, Jamarcuss, Sanchez, leinarts etc. Dont act like thid is easy yo expose it for what it is which is complete bs.

32 qb's in the hat.    Simple math, that's been explained.  

You like him and want to make excuses = that's cool.     CoT oath overrides 59 yard performance. ???

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

I feel bad for Peterman, but doesn't mean I can't laugh about it.  I blame it 100% on the HO & coaching staff and if McDermott was a man as said he should have apologized and said he failed Peterman, the team & the fans......

Laughed at this admittedly

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12220/nathan-peterman

Now if he comes back then all the power to him, just not this year.

22 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How often do we read this crap?  The experts do know better.  They are paid that for a reason.  They may debate whether he is the future or not and that is fair.

A fifth round pick better then a first round pick......,  100X's better?????

I watch the Bills and see a terrible offensive scheme and not sure how much Tyrod is to blame.  

We now see Dax and that he may not be the second coming when the line not as good and missing his RB. 

I really thought Peterman's performance would humble a few of the so called experts on the board.  I always see how the national guys have no idea about the Bills and how wrong they will be.  Then they are right.  Every preseason it's the same thing.  Every media member crushed the Bills for the move to start Peterman and they were right.  

The issue to me is that most fans ONLY watch the Bills and highlights of other teams.  Tyrod is clearly a middle of the road starter.  It is inarguable at this point.  Yet to some they will trumpet their uninformed opinion and bash others as uninformed.  It's interesting if not frustrating.

1 hour ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

32 qb's in the hat.    Simple math, that's been explained.  

You like him and want to make excuses = that's cool.     CoT oath overrides 59 yard performance. ???

No its not there plenty of qbs in the nfl, along with plenty of qbs that flame out before their first year. Im beginning to think you know less about gootbsll than I originally thought. 

16 minutes ago, papazoid said:

i'm thinking TT opens it up a little, taking more risk throwing downfield.

he must know his time to impress is on thin ice

Of course he will once garbage time hits. Before that time though, 5 yard pass on 3rd and 10 or 5 yard scramble on 3rd and 10 rinse and repeat. At the end of the day after he does that 5 times each coupled with some garbage time stats all the Tyrod stat defenders will say, see his TD % is good, his Int were low, his rush yards are good, his QBR is good, and most importantly he is still 20-19 career record, etc., it's all bunk. The guy stinks, end the experiment that should have ended last season, please.     

5 minutes ago, papazoid said:

I say bills score 24 vs KC

what will defense do ?

Because the Jets and Saints had no clue on how to defend him, right so the Chiefs are going to totally not try and do the same thing. :blink:

11 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Of course he will once garbage time hits. Before that time though, 5 yard pass on 3rd and 10 or 5 yard scramble on 3rd and 10 rinse and repeat. At the end of the day after he does that 5 times each coupled with some garbage time stats all the Tyrod stat defenders will say, see his TD % is good, his Int were low, his rush yards are good, his QBR is good, and most importantly he is still 20-19 career record, etc., it's all bunk. The guy stinks, end the experiment that should have ended last season, please.     

Because the Jets and Saints had no clue on how to defend him, right so the Chiefs are going to totally not try and do the same thing. :blink:

Yes we know you want the Bills and more importantly Tyrod to be awful......  We get it.....

And LAC and their pedestrian offense after the last two weeks is the best in the league.  

Often changes week to week and frankly the OC better be ready on Sunday.

As stated I was completely off the Bills to start the season seeing what they did to the offense.  

In all my years (since 1972) I had never seen a new coach & FO come in and basically announce they were tanking (yea yea they never said it), just made moves that direction.

At 4-2 I started wondering and at 5-2 I was ready to buy in (though still pissed at what they did to the offense).

So yes I want Tyrod to play well on Sunday and the team to turn around on D as NYG has (so yes can happen).

17 hours ago, NoPlayoffs said:

I guess you don't realize it, but the NFL is for people who try and succeed.  That's why the salaries for head coaches are millions.  Trying and failing shouldn't be encouraged...that's the reason for firing people.

If you're fine with failure, then that's a "you" problem.

Again.....you have to TRY in the first place in order to succeed. This isn't really hard. 

Rapoport: Bills Really Believed Peterman Was better Option vs. Chargers (3:16)

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo discuss whether Buffalo Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor will be the starter for the rest of the season.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

16 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

TYROD SUCKS! 

Enough of the madness already.

although I wont go that far to say he sucks, I will be glad to move on from him after this season.

you may want to consider another approach instead of looking like a 12 yr old doodling. unless of course you are 12, then please, carry on.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, section122 said:

I really thought Peterman's performance would humble a few of the so called experts on the board.  I always see how the national guys have no idea about the Bills and how wrong they will be.  Then they are right.  Every preseason it's the same thing.  Every media member crushed the Bills for the move to start Peterman and they were right.  

The issue to me is that most fans ONLY watch the Bills and highlights of other teams.  Tyrod is clearly a middle of the road starter.  It is inarguable at this point.  Yet to some they will trumpet their uninformed opinion and bash others as uninformed.  It's interesting if not frustrating.

I respectfully disagree with "middle of the road starter"'.  I have a lot of respect for Taylor - he works hard, seems to be a leader and has maximized his talent.  

However, we saw last offseason that the line of NFL teams desiring him to be their starter was 1 deep (Bills).  He is certainly good enough not to be an embarrassment as a starter, but his passing is very limited.  That really isn't good enough if you are trying to be a serious threat in the playoffs.  The Bills do not have a dominant defense and they have won zero game because Taylor carried them to victory.  

The way the defense is playing, the coaches did not think Tyrod could keep up on offense, so they took a chance on Peterman.  That failed, but those portraying that the Bills would have beaten the Chargers "if only Tyrod had started" are wrong.

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

How many garbage time yards and TD's will Tyrod post to make his dwindling defenders and fans happy? 

clearly not as many as NP thew in preseason and in the saints game to impress his supporters.

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

TYROD SUCKS! 

Enough of the madness already.

you should be embarrassed, but you're likely not, which speaks volumes.

16 minutes ago, 87168 said:

clearly not as many as NP thew in preseason and in the saints game to impress his supporters.

you should be embarrassed, but you're likely not, which speaks volumes.

I am embarrassed to wear Bills gear when that joke is under center. 

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

although I wont go that far to say he sucks, I will be glad to move on from him after this season.

you may want to consider another approach instead of looking like a 12 yr old doodling. unless of course you are 12, then please, carry on.

Thanks for your review, it means so much. LOL

• Sad 2

....off season and early 2018 will be an interesting saga and may define if McD or Dennison is the "O" decision maker (despite McD's "Peterman mea culpas")...it seems pretty evident that Dennison has telegraphed that TT won't be here next year......he's done such a "fine job" with his "offensive" play calling to exploit TT's mobility talents....a 3 three step drop with "stay in the pocket" edict behind the Wikileaks front has worked wonders......$ 6 mil roster bonus by March and $10 mil in salary is a tough swallow for Beane IMO, but is Glennon type money.....the Case Keenum $2 mil deals and his ROI to date are far and few between.....so although it may make sense to go into camp with TT, Peterman, 1st round draftee and a TBD 4th camp body, I doubt it......so why give up a pick now as well as inheriting his 2018 bonus/salary versus waiting for his probable release as other threads have questioned his trade value?....better get your popcorn ready......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This came up on another thread.  It was suggested to re-christen the Ralph/New Era as "the Pit of Misery"

Glad I didn't start a whole thread! :)

Maybe we should steal "Dilly Dilly" and make it "Billy Billy"

36 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I respectfully disagree with "middle of the road starter"'.  I have a lot of respect for Taylor - he works hard, seems to be a leader and has maximized his talent.  

However, we saw last offseason that the line of NFL teams desiring him to be their starter was 1 deep (Bills).

Riddle me this: if the line of NFL teams desiring to sign Taylor last offseason was 1 deep, why did the Bills renegotiate prior to the new league year?  Why not cut him lose, let him explore that 0 deep line of alternatives, then resign him perhaps on better terms?

The Bills contract offered him $15M this year and $16M next, but the length of the contract was shorter - maybe Taylor desired that?

3 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

How many garbage time yards and TD's will Tyrod post to make his dwindling defenders and fans happy? 

Dude, I commend to you the Two Bills Drive "terms of service" which prohibit something called a "crusade"

Roughly speaking, a "crusade" is a single opinion or theme, repeated over and over and over and over again in multiple threads by the same poster.

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Riddle me this: if the line of NFL teams desiring to sign Taylor last offseason was 1 deep, why did the Bills renegotiate prior to the new league year?  Why not cut him lose, let him explore that 0 deep line of alternatives, then resign him perhaps on better terms?

The Bills contract offered him $15M this year and $16M next, but the length of the contract was shorter - maybe Taylor desired that?

Ok, maybe two deep.  Taylor's contract represents what the leagu thinks of him - it is stop-gap starter money.  Look at the 32 starting QBs in the league and see if you can find 10 that you would pick Tyrod over. Keep in mind on young guys like Mariota that they may improve, whereas after 7 years in the NFL and 2.5 as a starter we have likely seen Tyrod's best or very close to it.

To be clear - I respect Tyrod Taylor and acknowledge that he is a decent stop-gap starter.  That isn't anything to disparage, but any team in the league that has Tyrod would be really looking for his replacement.

Edited by OldTimer1960

36 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....off season and early 2018 will be an interesting saga and may define if McD or Dennison is the "O" decision maker (despite McD's "Peterman mea culpas")...it seems pretty evident that Dennison has telegraphed that TT won't be here next year......he's done such a "fine job" with his "offensive" play calling to exploit TT's mobility talents....a 3 three step drop with "stay in the pocket" edict behind the Wikileaks front has worked wonders......$ 6 mil roster bonus by March and $10 mil in salary is a tough swallow for Beane IMO, but is Glennon type money.....the Case Keenum $2 mil deals and his ROI to date are far and few between....

Boy howdy is Case Keenum making Minn look smart.

I agree with your take on Dennison.  The only thing I don't understand, is if they intended to run an offense that scraps what TT does well, why keep him at all?  I think Dennison may be one more acolyte in the Church of "Adapt Scheme to Players" who requires perpetual indulgence for the sin of "Say, but don't Do"

$16M is "Glennon ($14M) type money" or alternatively, Brady-Wilson-Dalton-Carr-Stanford-Smith type money, depending upon your POV

11 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Ok, maybe two deep.  Taylor's contract represents what the leagu thinks of him - it is stop-gap starter money.  Look at the 32 starting QBs in the league and see if you can find 10 that you would pick Tyrod over. Keep in mind on young guys like Mariota that they may improve, whereas after 7 years in the NFL and 2.5 as a starter we have likely seen Tyrod's best or very close to it.

To be clear - I respect Tyrod Taylor and acknowledge that he is a decent stop-gap starter.  That isn't anything to disparage, but any team in the league that has Tyrod would be really looking for his replacement.

I don't want to go into the "any team" thing.  I will say this: any QB looks better with a well-designed run game, talent at wide receiver, and a stout line.  Eli Manning's stat line looks like crap this year.  I watched the game last night.  His wide receivers can't seem to catch a cold, and it's crystal clear at times they're not running the routes he expects.  Belicheck** would throw their asses off the team and keep bringing in scrubs until he found some that could 1) catch 2) run routes to where the QB expects them to be.

Taylor's contract represents middle-of-the-pack starter money, as I pointed out in another post.  Whether or not you're trying to replace him as a team, depends upon your vision for the team's offense.  Certainly, Dennison seems to be trying to replace him, with McWrestler's buy-in

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Boy howdy is Case Keenum making Minn look smart.

I agree with your take on Dennison.  The only thing I don't understand, is if they intended to run an offense that scraps what TT does well, why keep him at all?  I think Dennison may be one more acolyte in the Church of "Adapt Scheme to Players" who requires perpetual indulgence for the sin of "Say, but don't Do"

$16M is "Glennon ($14M) type money" or alternatively, Brady-Wilson-Dalton-Carr-Stanford-Smith type money, depending upon your POV

...c'mon 'Hap, that signing exceeds winning the lottery.......as a UFA in 2018, the bloodlusts will be circling like they did with Kolb and Scahub in their back up roles with check books in hand....BUT....at the same time, the kid has exceeded all expectations week in and week out.....as far as keeping TT in 2017, it did make sense with all of the other holes to plug (thought I read 23 UFA's principally from Whaley's one year rental deals with special thanks to Wrecks), but something for me ain't passing the smell test with Dennison.....sans the Oakland game, Dennison has done his best to work against TT to almost prove a point that his "system" is omnipotent and Taylor doesn't fit....if we're sacrificing "W's" so he can prove his point, McD is a weak link.....behind closed doors, I'd be telling 'Lil Fairchild, "damn well better design an offense around this kid's mobility talents because he is ALL we have to work with in 2017"...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

31 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...c'mon 'Hap, that signing exceeds winning the lottery.......as a UFA in 2018, the bloodlusts will be circling like they did with Kolb and Scahub in their back up roles with check books in hand....BUT....at the same time, the kid has exceeded all expectations week in and week out.....as far as keeping TT in 2017, it did make sense with all of the other holes to plug (thought I read 23 UFA's principally from Whaley's one year rental deals with special thanks to Wrecks), but something for me ain't passing the smell test with Dennison.....sans the Oakland game, Dennison has done his best to work against TT to almost prove a point that his "system" is omnipotent and Taylor doesn't fit....if we're sacrificing "W's" so he can prove his point, McD is a weak link.....behind closed doors, I'd be telling 'Lil Fairchild, "damn well better design an offense around this kid's mobility talents because he is ALL we have to work with in 2017"...

My thought on this is that they didn't really believe that they have a competitive playoff team this year to begin with, so they are installing what they believe will be a more typical NFL offense vs one that would maximize Taylor's skills and de-emphasize his weaknesses.  I don't think it is a conspiracy to make Taylor look bad.  

If they don't think that Taylor is the long term answer, then it makes sense not to tailor the offense around him for short-term gain.  Taylor is a bit unique - he has some skills, but not ones that fit a normal NFL offense.  If they ran the offense around Taylor's strengths this year, there would be little carryover to the offense that they will run next year with a different QB.

if they believed that Taylor was a long-term answer at QB, they WOULD design the offense around him.