Tyrod to start vs Chiefs

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Blowing a chance to win against a beatable Chargers team with the team sitting a playoff spot. No getting that chance back and I'd bet anything some of the guys are pissed about it. 

That's mighty presumptuous on the part of Rodak to assume playing Taylor would have guaranteed a victory given what we witnessed on the D side of the ball and Taylor's own slump against the Saints the week before. 

19 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

that's the spirit!

why try? amirite? Buffalo mentality.

Let's just keep doing the same thing over and over, hey maybe we can be "in the hunt" for the next 17 years too!

Despite your broken, angry english, YUP!

Let's tank it this year. Like we should have from week one.

Wrong. Try again. No one with an ounce of football smarts would start Peterman again without putting on an epic display of improvement against the most rudimentary basic pass rush. Its pretty simple.

Just now, joesixpack said:

How's them 6-10 to 9-7 seasons working out for you? Loaded with elite talent are we? Making ANY progress at all? God forbid we try something different.

All winning teams this year have tanked in the previous 5? Pats, KC, Steelers, etc.

All the 0-1-2-3-4 win teams from 2012-2016 are powerhouses now in the NFL? Besides the Jaguars that have really improved, Raiders last year, you got the Browns, etc.

The issue has been awful awful draft choices combined with obvious bad positional coaching. Anyway, with 5 wins already, a true "tanking" is not to be unless they really lose out all the rest of the year. And if that happens, how could any of the coaches remain? The GM and scout team could, but not the rest. 

Just now, Bill_with_it said:

Wrong. Try again. No one with an ounce of football smarts would start Peterman again without putting on an epic display of improvement against the most rudimentary basic pass rush. Its pretty simple.

OK buddy, it's clear -you- know best.

It's a wonder you're not running a team, really.

This was the right move IMO. 

I understand why why he went with Peterman. It was a justifiable switch. But he showed that he probably isn't ready yet, and with the way the O line and the entire team in general is playing right now, you're not really giving a rookie QB any chance to succeed anyway. No reason to destroy Peterman's confidence completely, especially with the next 2 games on the schedule - playing in arrowhead and then against Belichick and the Pats, who eat rookie QBs alive. 

Plus, switching back to TT ensures that you don't start to lose the locker room. You can always go back to Peterman if TT and the offense continue to struggle, and the Bills continue to lose. Once they are (or I guess I should say If they are) eliminated from the playoffs, then you can play for the future... 

I just hope this lights a fire under Tyrod's butt. A lot of times I get the impression that he's playing not to lose (the game, and the starting job). He needs to feel the urgency, take a few risks, and also give his receivers a chance to win a contested catch. 

3 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

All winning teams this year have tanked in the previous 5? Pats, KC, Steelers, etc.

All the 0-1-2-3-4 win teams from 2012-2016 are powerhouses now in the NFL? Besides the Jaguars that have really improved, Raiders last year, you got the Browns, etc.

The issue has been awful awful draft choices combined with obvious bad positional coaching. Anyway, with 5 wins already, a true "tanking" is not to be unless they really lose out all the rest of the year. And if that happens, how could any of the coaches remain? The GM and scout team could, but not the rest. 

Yes, let's ignore Jacksonville and the Raiders. Let's also ignore Tennessee and the Eagles as well, since they're not supporting your point. Do you really have a point here? Oh and the Rams too. Probably shouldn't mention them.

Edited by joesixpack

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That's mighty presumptuous on the part of Rodak to assume playing Taylor would have guaranteed a victory given what we witnessed on the D side of the ball and Taylor's own slump against the Saints the week before. 

I don't think it's a matter of a guarantee, but rather a better chance to win with Taylor behind center. 

5 minutes ago, NoPlayoffs said:

Here's his passing charts.  There's really no significant difference between last week and most previous weeks.  Yes, in some games the passing is focused within 20 yards (Jets in particular), but for the most part, his passing profile matches the second half of the Chargers game.  Sorry to ruin your narrative.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/tyrod-taylor/TAY764868

And for the record, compare his passing charts to noted "gunslinger" Drew Brees when it comes to throwing downfield.  Not too much difference when it comes to downfield passing.  But I guess all you guys don't want Brees either since he checks down often.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/drew-brees/BRE229498

1 minute ago, NoPlayoffs said:

And for the record, compare his passing charts to noted "gunslinger" Drew Brees when it comes to throwing downfield.  Not too much difference when it comes to downfield passing.  But I guess all you guys don't want Brees either since he checks down often.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/drew-brees/BRE229498

Are you seriously comparing one of the greatest passers of our era to TYROD TAYLOR?

What little credibility you have just went out the window.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't think it's a matter of a guarantee, but rather a better chance to win with Taylor behind center. 

Well, second guessing and Monday morning quarterbacking are a luxury for guys like Rodak I guess. I don't link credibility to coaching decisions that turn out to be wrong. If that's the case, then NO coach has ANY credibility at one time or another. 

11 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Here is something to digest.  The NYG's have been obliterated the prior 3 weeks allowing over 300/game passing and then beat KC.  So the defense responded.

Then let's look at Eli Manning.  Without OBJ he has been a dumspter fire.  Sort of similar to Tyrod being deep sixed when they gave away Watkins.

Let's hope for the best vs. KC.

Manning has gone for 6TDs to 1INT since Beckham Jr. went down. That's along with the injuries to his other receivers...his main target right now is a rookie TE/WR hybrid. Tough slate of games with Seahawks Rams Broncos Chiefs all since Chargers...dumpster fire is the easy narrative.

Bills fans like to complain about our offensive line...watch the Giants and you'll suddenly have a much greater appreciation for them.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Are you seriously comparing one of the greatest passers of our era to TYROD TAYLOR?

What little credibility you have just went out the window.

I'm comparing downfield passing attempts...I thought it was pretty clear.  If you can't understand that, I don't know how to help you.  I mean, it makes sense that you don't understand, but it is what it is.

4 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

Taylor: "I've always played with a chip on my shoulder....this just made the chip bigger."

I'd rather he play with a better head on his shoulders. Maybe that chip is getting in the way.