Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

38 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Savage got benched for Watson......Glennon for Tribusky........37 different QB benchings in Cleveland......Hoyer for Bethard.......BUT....ONLY Buffalo is "committing the cardinal sin of coaching"....go figure......

I was thinking of the whole package with Sammy, Dareus, Darby, etc. Not just the QB.  These guys don’t worry about anything other than what they think. Refreshing, and I hope it works! 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I was thinking of the whole package with Sammy, Dareus, Darby, etc. Not just the QB.  These guys don’t worry about anything other than what they think. Refreshing, and I hope it works! 

...c'mon Augie, Grandma ALWAYS said, "no guts no glory...no bawls no blue chips sonny".......she was NEVER wrong, the old coot......

Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Odds are, that after there is a couple of games worth of tape, the same fans clamoring for Peterman, will be calling for his head.

That's the way of  a fan base. I hope Peterman does well, if he doesn't, don't let the nasty Crusaders off the hook. They put most of us through enough grief and ridiculous arguing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...c'mon Augie, Grandma ALWAYS said, "no guts no glory...no bawls no blue chips sonny".......she was NEVER wrong, the old coot......

I never said it was wrong! Just that they’re ballsy! I hope it all works. I’ve been a supporter for almost everything. (OK, don’t come back with a ballsy supporter comment, please?) 

1 hour ago, simool said:

I keep hearing this 5th round rookie bs... Ask New England how that worked out for them... Brady was a 6th round, 2nd year QB, who had gone 1/3 the previous year.

Thats 1 completeion and 3 attempts FYI

Careful. Some posters here think this means you are saying Peterman is 100% the next Brady without question.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

I never said it was wrong! Just that they’re ballsy! I hope it all works. I’ve been a supporter for almost everything. (OK, don’t come back with a ballsy supporter comment, please?) 

...Grandma was a "supporter" as well....she wore it proudly.............:o

6 minutes ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

The Kelvin Benjamin trade all the sudden makes sense now....

Honestly, I thought it made a TON of sense from the beginning. Cheap for a guy of that caliber if you believe in extending him. 

35 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

This is not a good comparision.   Brady is ONE example of this in 30 years.    There are dozens of inexperienced late round rookie quarterbacks that aren't ready.  Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty, Matt Flynn, and that is off the top of my head, how many have been forgotten?

Different scenario, in early 2001 the Patriots were not supposed to contend.   Brady started out of sheer necessity when Bledsoe and their backup at the time(Huard) both got hurt.   They were not a contending team, they were not 5-4 with a healthy starter.   

The benching would make sense if there was a 1st or 2nd round pick waiting in the wings or even if you had a veteran like Glennon or Hoyer and wanted to give the team a spark.   Just because you have a second quarterback on the roster does not mean that they area a lock to be any better.   I support Peterman now and will be cheering for him on Sunday.  , I hope I am wrong and that he does well, I just see it as more likely to be a disaster than not. 

Deaft position is completely meaningless. My belief is that on Day 1 of the NFL season every rookie is equal. Peterman has performed better than #2 overall pick Mitch Trubisky so far, although we’ll see if that sticks with real game time.

12 minutes ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

The Kelvin Benjamin trade all the sudden makes sense now....

I think the fact that TT only had one completion to KB may have factored into the decision.  They went and got their shiny new toy, and TT didn't want to play with it.

It's all fun and games until Peterman gets smacked around a few times.  I wonder if he will be able to hold up if it gets rough.  I think it makes sense to find out.

Well we know Tyrod wasn't going to win this game and at least I feel a little better about this game since Lynn doesnt know Peterman like he knows Tyrod. I feel we at least have a chance at a win now. We might not win but we also might win, it's better to have a chance With Peterman then a solid loss with Tyrod because it's a road game and Lynn.

Fingers crossed the team gets behind Peterman and pulls out a win. Eitherway it is so nice to know this new staff is moving on from the last staffs QB the most important position in football.  McD scores some big brownie points from me I was getting really worried about this team sticking with Tyrod like Chan did with Fitz.

Today is a great day for a new era to truly start, goodbye Rex and the Rex not good enough QB.

Go Peterman, GO BILLS

Edited by xRUSHx

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Must've been watching a different game. 

Taylor was in no way bad in that Jets game.

He had one absolute stinker and is getting pulled for it.... this is what McBeane and company have wanted all along.

Tyrods getting a raw deal.

Raw deal ??????

He can't pass footballs to receivers and he is a qb.

What in the world.          

9 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Odds are, that after there is a couple of games worth of tape, the same fans clamoring for Peterman, will be calling for his head.

Don't suck then. I mean fans have a right to criticize. I understand the crusading, that is flat out ridiculous. say your piece and move on. I'm guilty of getting in on it but my thing was enough is enough. it's why crusading is looked down on and for good reason.

it was both sides though, intense discussion. which is cool as long as being objective doesn't get personal with the insults. I think the thing I hate/ed most was the CoT bull ****.

taylor had his chance. he clearly does not fit the offense and most everyone knew or thought he would be gone anyway.

I'm looking forward to see what they have in peterman. I was not in favor of him starting this season but I had seen enough of tyrod taylor. 5-4 and a chance to win one on the road with your rookie first start, I think he'll rise to the occasion. not film, not a few plays, just a gut feeling. I'm sure, or at least hope McD went to some players to get some insight on his decision before he set it in stone?

I pulled for taylor, I'm pulling for the kid. could be a spark to the team they needed?

Just now, Air it out Fitzy said:

Raw deal ??????

What in the world.          

....OF COURSE it's a raw deal....a massive conspiracy......or perhaps the need to play the race card.....or whatever else.....if you consider the feeble origin of the post, you'll . figure it out......

2 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Raw deal ??????

What in the world.          

Yet somehow the Bills are 20-18 with him. If the defense gets shredded and the O line is bad, you want me to tell it's all excuses?

This is correct move to start Peterman. It is not hard to imagine this season going down the tubes the rest of the year. The game last weekend should have been a big improvement with 10 days, Benjamin, Clay etc. This ship was running aground an Sean is trying to save something and audition NP. The TT hold the ball and try to make miraculous plays has proven unsustainable roller coaster ride. In comes throw the ball quick and on time and with anticipation. 

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes and he refused to say he was wrong for saying that we were all wrong for calling for the Peterman change. 

Time will tell. Maybe. Sometimes stuff happens and the waters stay muddy. 

2 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Yet somehow the Bills are 20-18 with him. If the defense gets shredded and the O line is bad, you want me to tell it's all excuses?

Tell me more about the part where he took a paycut to stay around then got benched for sucking.        

Sorry you got too close and caught feelings.  It happens.  

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

I would not have made the change, but bringing Peterman in to finish the game was a fools move unless you were just hoping to create controversy. And nobody does that on purpose. Had he failed miserably, Tyrod stood a chance, but that was unlikely against backups playing soft. The decision was made during the game Sunday. 

Edited by Augie

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I understand his reasoning.

The team blows, the roster is devoid of talent thanks in large part to perplexing trades and the offensive coaching staff/scheme isn't a good fit for Tyrod. They'd rather do it their way then fit the scheme to the players they have... to their hand picked players....hence the reason Vlad Ducasse is still in he starting lineup and not John Miller. 

The offense was top 10 last year with Tyrod under center... any reasonable and smart coach would've built off of that, not torn it down. But it's just the Bills being Billsy.... and not that it matters. The defense is reminiscent of last years disaster, maybe worse.

Good thing we got all these draft picks. They can use em to fill the holes they created.?

Hold on now... they've always treated Shady as "one of their own" at least.  O wait...that's probably cause he came from Philly.... the other Mcdermott tie.

1 minute ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Tell me more about the part where he took a paycut to stay around then got benched for sucking.        

Sorry you got too close. 

20 -18 isn't bad for a mediocre team. I hope Peterman does well. Playoff spot is on the line. But you should have been rooting for TT everygame instead of the hate and crusades. I don't like that. And I don't like how a banned poster can pop back up. But you'll do yourself in again, I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

No he is not all to blame, but 20-18 is not exactly anything to write home about either.

Not bad for the Bills. They have been an average team under the Pegulas.

20 -18 isn't bad for a mediocre team. I hope Peterman does well. Playoff spot is on the line. But you should have been rooting for TT everygame instead of the hate and crusades. I don't like that. And I don't like how a banned poster can pop back up. But you'll do yourself in again, I'm sure.

Not bad for the Bills. They have been an average team under the Pegulas.

Been a TT supporter and really hoped it would work out. I think I've just reached my breaking point.

Just now, JM2009 said:

You tell funny stories.   Please leave me out of them.   

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes and he refused to say he was wrong for saying that we were all wrong for calling for the Peterman change. 

He's a good fan and I'm sure he'll root for the new QB. Whoever is in their. Good lesson for your bunch to learn.

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Good thing we got all these draft picks. They can use em to fill the holes they created.?

so you don't think that was the plan?

I understand it's hard to let go and let develop for some. especially this soon in their tenure but hopefully when it's said and done in a season or two, the rewards will be reaped and patience can and will pay off?

I'm a tired old bills fan too, but I realize this is a rebuild and I near about gave up total hope but this QB change has me for the moment pulled back in to that ray of hope.

Just now, Air it out Fitzy said:

You tell funny stories.   Please leave me out of them.   

Everyone knows that you are Crusher, including the Mods. I informed them. It would behoove you to keep the nasty posting low key this time.

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so you don't think that was the plan?

I understand it's hard to let go and let develop for some. especially this soon in their tenure but hopefully when it's said and done in a season or two, the rewards will be reaped and patience can and will pay off?

I'm a tired old bills fan too, but I realize this is a rebuild and I near about gave up total hope but this QB change has me for the moment pulled back in to that ray of hope.

We'll find out Sunday. Bad O line and defense isn't the best spot for the guy. But who knows.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm thinking Beane called McDermott on Monday night:

B: "Did you watch the tape?"

M: "Of course. Always"

B: "Not just the defense. Did you watch the offense? Be honest"

M: "Honestly, no, not yet"

B: "Watch it and call me after"

{a few hours later}

M: "Okay. Get ready for a presser on Wed. I'll tell Nate and Tyrod about the switch tomorrow"

37 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

That's just us Fan doing what we do. will never change.

I was one for waiting longer than this to drop him in. For his own good as well.

If the O line cannot protect  Nathan any better Tyrod these last few weeks... I am going to feel badly and consider it a risk heavy move. In regard to his development.

It is early, they are still in it.
Bet they feel he has come far enough along for Dennison to become functional in his play calling.

They have wanted the 3 step quick pass since day one honestly.

Should be fun ;)
Hope they keep Tyrod on line though.

Go Bills

Everyone knows that you are Crusher, including the Mods. I informed them. It would behoove you to keep the nasty posting low key this time.

We'll find out Sunday. Bad O line and defense isn't the best spot for the guy. But who knows.

Thanks for the behoove warning.      Congrats on ruining the site with your perpetual states of wrongness.   

Don't address me anymore, I don't need another stalker.