Team again quit on McDermott

BADOLBILZ

On 11/12/2017 at 8:20 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

This was one of the worst efforts by a Bills team during the drought............and coming off a really bad one the week earlier.

I don't think the Pegula's signed up for more embarrassment/quitting in front of the home folks........especially with all the talent McD dumped(and dead money eaten by Pegula's) in the name of not having players on the team who would quit on him.

Not too early to start handicapping McD's replacements for the 2019 season:

1)Bill O'Brien......he may get fired this season 

2)James Franklin

Pegula's will be likely to go to the area they know........Penn State connections.

Really quit on him...bad enough to make the playoffs with one of the lesser talented teams in the drought ???

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What medicine?

You were the one angry that they weren't tanking.:lol:

Where did I say they weren't going to qualify for the playoffs?   

To the contrary..........said many times that Tyrod could take the team to the playoffs.

They executed Jauron Ball well enough and despite getting rag-dolled at times they got the necessary bounces/breaks to get to 9-7 and SURVIVED.

Remember,  they had won only 3 of 9 games coming into yesterday.........and the Dolphins played it like a preseason game and even that was too close.

I'm thrilled that they made it.........I think it was of paramount importance to get the drought over..........which is why I chastised you for demanding a tank......but sorry to tell you that "making the playoffs" via tie-breaker doesn't buy ANY coach 5 years.  :lol: 

I do think the odds of McD getting to year 3 and Tyrod returning to the Bills next season went up yesterday.........that's the extent of tangible change as a result of yesterdays game.:thumbsup:

McDermott gets his 5 years. That's a lock at this point.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Really quit on him...bad enough to make the playoffs with one of the lesser talented teams in the drought ???

They absolutely "really" quit in those three games.

But I never said they wouldn't win any more games or qualify for the playoffs.  Rather I've made note BEFORE AND SINCE that this is very consistent with Bills teams during the drought.   It remains a problem and they were fortunate that those Jets and Chargers losses in particular didn't cost them. 

But they aren't on some tear.

They narrowly defeated the lowly Colts and Dolphins twice and a Chiefs team that was on a 4 game losing streak..........I wasn't surprised they got to nine wins........more surprised the Ravens blew their game.......but even making the playoffs at 8-8 wouldn't have surprised me.

Also keep in mind Tyrod-haters..........if Rex can get 11 defenders on the field against the Dolphins in Buffalo the Bills would have been 9-7 last year as well.:thumbsup:

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

But I never said they wouldn't win any more games or qualify for the playoffs.  Rather I've made note BEFORE AND SINCE that this is very consistent with Bills teams during the drought.   It remains a problem and they were fortunate that those Jets and Chargers losses in particular didn't cost them. 

They narrowly defeated the lowly Colts and Dolphins twice and a Chiefs team that was on a 4 game losing streak..........I wasn't surprised they got to nine wins........more surprised the Ravens blew their game.......but even making the playoffs at 8-8 wouldn't have surprised me.

Also keep in mind Tyrod-haters..........if Rex can get 11 defenders on the field against the Dolphins in Buffalo the Bills would have been 9-7 last year as well.:thumbsup:

Not a good look bud. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I do think the odds of McD getting to year 3 and Tyrod returning to the Bills next season went up yesterday.........that's the extent of tangible change as a result of yesterdays game.:thumbsup:

Tyrod's not coming back, so you can stop dreaming a little dream. We are going towards the championship light, not meandering in the mediocre meadow.

46 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm thrilled that they made it.........I think it was of paramount importance to get the drought over..........which is why I chastised you for demanding a tank......but sorry to tell you that "making the playoffs" via tie-breaker doesn't buy ANY coach 5 years.  :lol: 

Not surprisingly, you're wrong again. Shoulda stayed silent.

31 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

LOL

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Ive never seen football opinions worse that Baldo’s and I’ve been a few message boards in the last 10 years.

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I wasn't silent Joe........was busy, last night was my wedding anniversary.:thumbsup:

You will be back to lamenting them not tanking sometime during the draft process this offseason.:lol:

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

I wasn't silent Joe........was busy, last night was my wedding anniversary.:thumbsup:

You will be back to lamenting them not tanking sometime during the draft process this offseason.:lol:

Send my condolences to the Mrs. If you're any bit as uninformed and stubborn about it at home as you are here, it must be...a challenge.

:lol:

17 hours ago, SDS said:

I don’t get most of this discussion - this league has been a week to week league for YEARS. I find it shocking that people year after year make these grand predictions and every year it amounts to nothing. Very few teams fall outside the week to week ups and downs of the NFL. 

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

100% correct 

100% wood alcohol. 

8 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I’ve been very open in my dislike of Tyrod but you do have to wonder what happens if, a huge if, he puts together a good game against Jax.  Given the Bills draft position they are gaping to have a tough time finding an “automatic” at QB.  They may not even select one at all which to me is a crazy thought.

I have a sick feeling that Alex Smith is headed to Buffalo.

I have a sinking feeling that we select Lamar Jackson. Allen, Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Rudolph gone. I could definitely see it happening.

17 hours ago, mead107 said:

You are a nut case. 

Some people like nuts and others hate them.... do you think closer to coconuts or something exotic and bitter like the kola nut? 

8 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Maybe I'm wrong, and there are parts of TT's game that are tough to defend, but I don't know if I can think of a precedent of a team dumping their playoff qb, in his prime. If they lose to Jax I suppose anything can happen.

Trent Dilfer was dumped after 1 season winning the Super Bowl and 10 straight wins.

18 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Badol is on quite a hot streak.  His Shady take, the recent Kyle Williams thread, and this beauty.  And, somehow, he was right about all of it!  (In his mind)  

I do not believe he has ever been right in his mind as you are implying.

I am waiting for the the radio career of Shady to take off still.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What medicine?

You were the one angry that they weren't tanking.:lol:

Where did I say they weren't going to qualify for the playoffs?   

To the contrary..........said many times that Tyrod could take the team to the playoffs.

They executed Jauron Ball well enough and despite getting rag-dolled at times they got the necessary bounces/breaks to get to 9-7 and SURVIVED.

Remember,  they had won only 3 of 9 games coming into yesterday.........and the Dolphins played it like a preseason game and even that was too close.

Goodness. So much to work with here.

In no particular order.

"executed Jauron ball well enough" - I heard all Jauron Ball bad. Perhaps a poor depiction?

"they got the necessary bounces/breaks" - all successful teams are fortunate recipients of this 

"SURVIVED" - isn't this what it's all about? 

"9-7" - what? are you ashamed of this record?

"they had only won 3 of 9 games" - this was divisional (ie. see Cincy @ Bmore ;) which team was playing for what exactly and where? And with coach doing a dead man walking.)

"played like a preseason game" - Perhaps the offense. The D? They played fast and hard.

"too close" - deficit be damned. no style points for larger margins.

"I'm thrilled they made it" - look, I'm quite certain you're pleased we're going - but........it doesn't quite fit your bashing narrative you've been spewing thereby making you Wr Wr Wr Wr ....WRONG!  (See Arthur Fonzerelli - aaaayyyyy :lol:) in your assessment of how things we're handled by this rather fine regime. This can't possibly sit well with you.

......"Making the playoffs"..... via tie breaker - I suppose we should refuse to show in Jville? I mean, we didn't earn it, right??

"paramount importance to get the drought over" - :lol: ya think?!?!:lol: Film at 11:00:lol: Here's a nugget very few knew.

"McD getting to year 3" - said it before, bears repeating.....McDermott sees FULL 5 YEAR TERM!!

Look - I'm glad you finally came around. :thumbsup:

Happy New Year! All the best!  

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Badol is on quite a hot streak.  His Shady take, the recent Kyle Williams thread, and this beauty.  And, somehow, he was right about all of it!  (In his mind)  

Well, it's better than when he was calling Bob Woods trash until Bob Woods starting playing well.

All takes matter.

McDermott getting to year 3?? Unless he goes 0-16 next year he is back in 2019. He is almost certainly back in 2020 too. 2021 is the first available point I could realistically envisage a change now. And I don't think that change will in fact happen because I think McDermott is a good coach. I reckon he will be here for a lot longer than 3 years. I'd put the over / under at 7. 

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Send my condolences to the Mrs. If you're any bit as uninformed and stubborn about it at home as you are here, it must be...a challenge.

:lol:

How is the new tax bill going to affect your alimony/child support payments?  :lol:

On 12/11/2017 at 8:20 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

This was one of the worst efforts by a Bills team during the drought............and coming off a really bad one the week earlier.

I don't think the Pegula's signed up for more embarrassment/quitting in front of the home folks........especially with all the talent McD dumped(and dead money eaten by Pegula's) in the name of not having players on the team who would quit on him.

Not too early to start handicapping McD's replacements for the 2019 season:

1)Bill O'Brien......he may get fired this season 

2)James Franklin

Pegula's will be likely to go to the area they know........Penn State connections.

Thread of the year.