Team again quit on McDermott

BADOLBILZ

2 hours ago, teef said:

Not a good look bud. 

Agreed.  

And this is a guy people said was knowledgeable?  

McDermott will be in Buffalo far longer than Tentative Taylor will.  

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

How is the new tax bill going to affect your alimony/child support payments?  :lol:

Bravo.  Very classy.  

So sad. 

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

Well, it's better than when he was calling Bob Woods trash until Bob Woods starting playing well.

All takes matter.

I never called Bob Woods "trash".:lol:

There are some people on this board who like to discuss football..........then there are those who DON'T.......they want to come here to let off their personal life frustrations in this forum.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Agreed.  

And this is a guy people said was knowledgeable?  

McDermott will be in Buffalo far longer than Tentative Taylor will.  

Bravo.  Very classy.  

So sad. 

It's hilarious how it aggravates some of you that I get props for my takes.:lol:

Digging up threads and creating narratives that weren't there.........like I said the Bills were not making the playoffs for instance.........I never said that.  ( I said Peterman was likely going to be a turnover machine in this thread though..........how'd that work out.:lol:)

The constant exaggerations of takes on topics I discussed in the past really let's me know I'm under your skin.:thumbsup:

The JSP thread title "Props to McDermott Haters" was based on a thread title from me like 15 years ago "Props to Me, Haters"  because he is just determined to try to troll ME and it isn't gonna' work.:lol:     

Yolo bringing up my 2015 Shady take as a "crusade of the year" in 2017 was among my favorite things I saw all year.    Bothered him so much seeing me getting props in that best of 2017 thread that he had to create a post about it. :lol:

I eat this stuff up guys..........keep it coming.

In the meantime I will keep talking football for the people who actually want to.:thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's hilarious how it aggravates some of you that I get props for my takes.:lol:

Digging up threads and creating narratives that weren't there.........like I said the Bills were not making the playoffs for instance.........I never said that.  ( I said Peterman was likely going to be a turnover machine in this thread though..........how'd that work out.:lol:)

The constant exaggerations of takes on topics I discussed in the past really let's me know I'm under your skin.:thumbsup:

The JSP thread title "Props to McDermott Haters" was based on a thread title from me like 15 years ago "Props to Me, Haters"  because he is just determined to try to troll ME and it isn't gonna' work.:lol:     

Yolo bringing up my 2015 Shady take as a "crusade of the year" in 2017 was among my favorite things I saw all year.    Bothered him so much seeing me getting props in that best of 2017 thread that he had to create a post about it. :lol:

I eat this stuff up guys..........keep it coming.

In the meantime I will keep talking football for the people who actually want to.:thumbsup:

Goodluck connecting on one in the new year. 

It was a cold winter ❄️ ❄️ 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

How is the new tax bill going to affect your alimony/child support payments?  :lol:

Someones hurt, maybe you can talk about it on Shadys radio show.  ??

Edited by Teddy KGB

14 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Goodluck connecting on one in the new year. 

It was a cold winter ❄️ ❄️ 

Someones hurt.  

I am sorry if JSP is hurt........he should have kept wife comments out his MOUF!:lol:

And keep them coming "formerly cRyan L Bilz"...........I like to think I've been partially responsible for your past expulsions from TSW.:lol:

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I am sorry if JSP is hurt........he should have kept wife comments out his MOUF!:lol:

And keep them coming "formerly cRyan L Bilz"...........I like to think I've been partially responsible for your past expulsions from TSW.:lol:

Idk what that means but might want to read the new bbmb posters comments above. 

You’re ice cold my man.   Tap those brakes. 

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What medicine?

You were the one angry that they weren't tanking.:lol:

Where did I say they weren't going to qualify for the playoffs?   

To the contrary..........said many times that Tyrod could take the team to the playoffs

Hahaha.  You are quite the Dunkirk Don.  You started this thread correctly diagnosing the team quit during that 3 game losing streak and positing where a new head coach might come from for next year.  Instead of owning the mistake of that overreaction, you shovel this hot stinking garbage out.  Nice.

Is LeSean McCoy worth the contract we signed him for?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Some, but his history will limit how much credit he gets. I still think we should draft a QB in the first round.  TT's many limitations can be schemed against by a competent opposing D.  

But really, I would rather that this board stay away from this discussion till we are still in the playoffs. We havent savored this feeling in a long time and we need to come together and root for the team. Leave the personnel discussions for later. 

:lol: good luck with that. Tyrod threads rehashing the same points over and over are a weekly staple. This week is no different.

16 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Hahaha.  You are quite the Dunkirk Don.  You started this thread correctly diagnosing the team quit during that 3 game losing streak and positing where a new head coach might come from for next year.  Instead of owning the mistake of that overreaction, you shovel this hot stinking garbage out.  Nice.

Is LeSean McCoy worth the contract we signed him for?

Incorrect........I felt that McD could have lost out this season and still have been back next year. 

Things can go sideways.......ask Ben McAdoo......playoffs first year........fired the second.

Todd Haley also comes to mind.........he was a taskmaster like McD........won the AFC west his second year........fired in-season the next.

I think it would take something catastrophic to get McD fired next season but I don't see him having 5 years because he squeezed into the playoffs in year one.

As for McCoy........no I would rather they let him play out his deal and he were a FA this offseason........I'd like him back but he'd have been MUCH cheaper for the first 3 years and worth about the same as a FA.

That said.........McD totally abused McCoy this year........they didn't have an adequate backup and they used him like a tackling dummy in the second half of games.   He's not two clicks below average as a RB but that's where he ended up this year.

When he got carted off the field Sunday that was 3 straight seasons that his regular season ended with him going off the field on a cart.   I hope he can play Sunday but I said this summer that if they tried to rush him upwards of 300 times he would probably be shot by playoff time...........and as circumstance would have it he may be out entirely, if not diminished.

4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I have a sinking feeling that we select Lamar Jackson. Allen, Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Rudolph gone. I could definitely see it happening.

Christ I hope not. 

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Incorrect........I felt that McD could have lost out this season and still have been back next year. 

Things can go sideways.......ask Ben McAdoo......playoffs first year........fired the second.

Todd Haley also comes to mind.........he was a taskmaster like McD........won the AFC west his second year........fired in-season the next.

I think it would take something catastrophic to get McD fired next season but I don't see him having 5 years because he squeezed into the playoffs in year one.

As for McCoy........no I would rather they let him play out his deal and he were a FA this offseason........I'd like him back but he'd have been MUCH cheaper for the first 3 years and worth about the same as a FA.

That said.........McD totally abused McCoy this year........they didn't have an adequate backup and they used him like a tackling dummy in the second half of games.   He's not two clicks below average as a RB but that's where he ended up this year.

When he got carted off the field Sunday that was 3 straight seasons that his regular season ended with him going off the field on a cart.   I hope he can play Sunday but I said this summer that if they tried to rush him upwards of 300 times he would probably be shot by playoff time...........and as circumstance would have it he may be out entirely, if not diminished.

Sometimes it's just better to say I was wrong. I've done it many times, it's okay. Right now you're sounding like Lucifer in Paradise Lost shouting "from Hell's heart I stab at thee."

No need for call out threads, we're all here for the same team, 17 years of losing made us all nuts but we should all enjoy this together. It's been 17 freakin years men, Bill Clinton was our President. Win or lose this game with Jax, I think this is the beginning of something special, the monkey is off our back now, let's try and win this SB this year and get our QB next year. GO BILLS!!!

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Sometimes it's just better to say I was wrong. I've done it many times, it's okay. Right now you're sounding like Lucifer in Paradise Lost shouting "from Hell's heart I stab at thee."

I think what you are looking for is McDermott with "I don't regret the decision, I regret the outcome".:lol:

I said in December of 2015 at McCoy's lowest point as a Bill that he could be putting up 5.5 ypc and scoring the TD's that MG and Karlos were if he got his act together, followed Roman's play design(MG was exquisite in that regard) and forgot about all the Philly nonsense that plagued him in 2015.

He admitted the problem.......got his act together and did exactly that.:thumbsup:

And we are all glad to have had McCoy this season........but the reality is that there was almost no chance that contract extension was going to look wise.......he was under contract THRU THIS SEASON........and it wasn't some cheapass deal.

Then they had to throw in a couple million MORE this summer when he found out he was going to be used like a tackling dummy.

They could have saved more in those 3 seasons than he would have cost them next season.

I know that the people who respond won't agree........but it's pretty basic math versus "but he wouldn't have tried hard if we didn't" argument.   

Edited by BADOLBILZ

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I never called Bob Woods "trash".:lol:

There are some people on this board who like to discuss football..........then there are those who DON'T.......they want to come here to let off their personal life frustrations in this forum.

You can't hide from the truth!

18 hours ago, dgrochester55 said:

To be fair, things looked very bleak after that San Diego game.   That three game stretch in the middle of the season was as bad  as I have ever seen Buffalo or any team perform in a three game stretch.    I am sure that most of us including myself had 2008 and 2011 on their mind and were thinking "here we go again"

McDermott and the team deserve a lot of credit for finishing 4-2  after that game and doing what they needed to get in.   Great show of character and any doubts that anyone had about McDermott should be erased.   Many teams in that scenario would have mailed it in and finished 5-11 or 6-10.  

this!  and those two losses were against the Cheatriots!

Regardless of whatever happened this year, if the plan was NOT to give McDermott and Beane 5 years, it was a mistake.

Too much turnover. You have to go get your guys and give them as much time as necessary to turn things around.

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

not sure but hope i get a deduction :lol:

disirregardless, doesn't change the fact you were wrong about the team quitting on McDermott. Keep up the ****ty takes tho. You may get something right sometime.

Edited by joesixpack
  • Like (+1) 2