Team again quit on McDermott

BADOLBILZ

34 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

no they have not.

silly thinking.

Bills really have nearly little 1st string talent at this point and even less able depth. injuries are a funny entity

tough row to hoe

Beane has his work cut out for him

I really hope Beane is a better at drafting players than he is at cutting players, because he is going to need to be.  If they miss on this draft, there will be pain for years.

40 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

problem:

the 5 wins in the win column. THAT is going to be our undoing.

There are six 4-6 teams in the AFC. If only we had one fewer fluky win, we could still get a very high pick. Still, several of those teams will pass us, this team is AT BEST winning ONE more game

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2017 at 8:20 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

This was one of the worst efforts by a Bills team during the drought............and coming off a really bad one the week earlier.

I don't think the Pegula's signed up for more embarrassment/quitting in front of the home folks........especially with all the talent McD dumped(and dead money eaten by Pegula's) in the name of not having players on the team who would quit on him.

Not too early to start handicapping McD's replacements for the 2019 season:

1)Bill O'Brien......he may get fired this season 

2)James Franklin

Pegula's will be likely to go to the area they know........Penn State connections.

Hi Baldo.

• Haha (+1) 2

I don’t get most of this discussion - this league has been a week to week league for YEARS. I find it shocking that people year after year make these grand predictions and every year it amounts to nothing. Very few teams fall outside the week to week ups and downs of the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, SDS said:

I don’t get most of this discussion - this league has been a week to week league for YEARS. I find it shocking that people year after year make these grand predictions and every year it amounts to nothing. Very few teams fall outside the week to week ups and downs of the NFL. 

100% correct 

On 11/12/2017 at 8:20 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

This was one of the worst efforts by a Bills team during the drought............and coming off a really bad one the week earlier.

I don't think the Pegula's signed up for more embarrassment/quitting in front of the home folks........especially with all the talent McD dumped(and dead money eaten by Pegula's) in the name of not having players on the team who would quit on him.

Not too early to start handicapping McD's replacements for the 2019 season:

1)Bill O'Brien......he may get fired this season 

2)James Franklin

Pegula's will be likely to go to the area they know........Penn State connections.

You are a nut case. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SDS said:

One would think that posters here would have learned about the danger of making overly definitive predictions...from 2016.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, SDS said:

Absolutely.

As much as I'm on cloud 9 right now, I don't think this means anything moving forward. Making the playoffs means nothing next year...

...but it means I'm watching an f'in playoff game next week!

GO BILLS!!!!

Edited by MDH

He may have lost it.  But he found it again. 

1 minute ago, MDH said:

Absolutely.

As much as I'm on cloud 9 right now, I don't think this means anything moving forward. Making the playoffs meaning nothing next year...

GO BILLS!!!!

Injuries play a large part, especially to QB's.  Hence the seasons of teams like Indy, Miami, Oakland, GB, etc.

2 hours ago, MDH said:

Absolutely.

As much as I'm on cloud 9 right now, I don't think this means anything moving forward. Making the playoffs means nothing next year...

GO BILLS!!!!

Not sure about that. However much these guys are great at what they do winning builds confidence and confidence can separate one player or equal skill from another. Winning the last game and reaching the playoffs regardless of what they do next week could help next year in late games. If they win next week, which I don't predict, that could help a lot. 

5 hours ago, MDH said:

Absolutely.

GO BILLS!!!!

Gotta disagree - bringing this franchise to the playoffs in his first year as a HC will buy McD some much-needed credibility.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

To be fair, things looked very bleak after that San Diego game.   That three game stretch in the middle of the season was as bad  as I have ever seen Buffalo or any team perform in a three game stretch.    I am sure that most of us including myself had 2008 and 2011 on their mind and were thinking "here we go again"

McDermott and the team deserve a lot of credit for finishing 4-2  after that game and doing what they needed to get in.   Great show of character and any doubts that anyone had about McDermott should be erased.   Many teams in that scenario would have mailed it in and finished 5-11 or 6-10.  

Edited by dgrochester55