Team again quit on McDermott

BADOLBILZ

Let's not get too carried away here.  Coming off a debacle of a game like Sunday, its only natural to over analyze and miss the forest for the trees.  There is no mutiny, no conspiracy here, and no quitting.  The defense just missed their gaps.  We gotta fit it up.  That's all.  Just go out there and fit it up. Play smart, play disciplined and fit up all way up in those gaps.  Those gaping running holes opening up on our defensive line, well the LBs and safeties have got to see those openings and get up in it and fit it in the upward direction.  Not down, not left, fit it up. Its the fit up, stupid.  You gotta get way up in there in all those nooks and crannies and fit it up and in.  Just fit it until you reach the back of its teeth.  Squat and cough cause we're gonna fit it up in ya good. 

Somebody better get Bryan Scott on the phone before somebody gets stabbed.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000876632/article/gifs-that-help-tell-the-story-of-the-nfl-in-week-10

Just a reminder to keep your dignity and rooting interests intact when an opposing player enters your airspace. I'm not saying you should dump a beer on the guy or anything, but this dad serves as a PSA of how not to handle such a situation. Mark Ingram is right to shoo him away.  Clearly these Bills "fans" were more happy with him making a play against the Bills than anything else.

I am sure other "great supporting fanbases" do not cheer for opposing players - cannot see this happening in Green Bay.

I can't tell if they're genuinely celebrating or !@#$ing with him. 

21 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Let's not get too carried away here.  Coming off a debacle of a game like Sunday, its only natural to over analyze and miss the forest for the trees.  There is no mutiny, no conspiracy here, and no quitting.  The defense just missed their gaps.  We gotta fit it up.  That's all.  Just go out there and fit it up. Play smart, play disciplined and fit up all way up in those gaps.  Those gaping running holes opening up on our defensive line, well the LBs and safeties have got to see those openings and get up in it and fit it in the upward direction.  Not down, not left, fit it up. Its the fit up, stupid.  You gotta get way up in there in all those nooks and crannies and fit it up and in.  Just fit it until you reach the back of its teeth.  Squat and cough cause we're gonna fit it up in ya good. 

Somebody better get Bryan Scott on the phone before somebody gets stabbed.

Yup, coach McD said today that it's just bad technique.  They decided to install technique last this year........smart........don't want to put technique on tape too early.   

On 11/12/2017 at 10:39 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I actually could see the Ravens biting the bullet and kicking Joe Flacco to the curb in favor of Tyrod and seeing Tyrod in meaningful games in December/January.

$28M in dead cap for Flacco is a lot but more interceptions than TD's in this era?    That's GHASTLY.   We aren't talking about a DT here, if your QB is bad you don't hold onto them over dead money.

Tyrod is familiar and that organization is clearly more functional.  

Meaningful games for Tyrod.          ? ???

Dude will be lucky to start another game after the Bills kick him to the curb.    

Brandon Beane is trash.     Bring on the draft. 

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

On 11/12/2017 at 10:24 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Tyrod was bad today but let's try to keep in mind he had 3 WR's on the field that he had not played with at all until during the actual season.

Matthews was immediately injured upon arrival and they had very little work together until the season started.

Thompson was a recent get.

Benjamin has been there for one week of practice.

We all know Tyrod is tentative when he doesn't have faith in his targets and this is basically tentative overload for a QB.

I think a prolonged implosion would fuel them to move on from Tyrod..........but in retrospect this will look like an extremely raw deal and I would think he'd pick up a gig with a more functional organization.    

This organization has been utterly chaotic since the day Marrone quit........relentless chaos.

And whose fault is that? I’m not sure we upgraded the GM position this year. 

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

If they quit, they only quit on themselves.  That being said, I don't think they quit, I think they realized they had no answers.   

You are getting there.........hint.......who is supposed to have the answers?

I believe there is a point in a non-quit scenario where you don't let a team run the ball on you 24 straight times........that hasn't been done since when?   Maybe when Nebraska beat Liberty 77-0 in November of 1976?

Maybe mental toughness isn't just something you either have or don't have.........maybe they say you "build" character because it's a work in progress.

Change of scenery.....or find a way to be better and develop your own?  Just a thought McD.:thumbsup:

52 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You are getting there.........hint.......who is supposed to have the answers?

I believe there is a point in a non-quit scenario where you don't let a team run the ball on you 24 straight times........that hasn't been done since when?   Maybe when Nebraska beat Liberty 77-0 in November of 1976?

Maybe mental toughness isn't just something you either have or don't have.........maybe they say you "build" character because it's a work in progress.

Change of scenery.....or find a way to be better and develop your own?  Just a thought McD.:thumbsup:

Well, if they stacked the box to stop the run...and still couldn't...who is that on?  The coaches or the players who couldn't stop it? 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Should be easy enough to put names on this, if someone has the courage to watch the All-22 of that drive.  The tape don't lie, we'll be able to see who the quitters are.

I think it was difficult for the Defense to maintain any level of intensity in the 2nd half when they see:

- 3 plays (int)

- 3 plays (out)

- 3 plays (out)

Offense under Taylor had the ball for a whopping 3:44 in the 2nd half and did worse than nothing. 

Saints during that part of the game had it 21:23.

IMO, they gave up on the offense doing their job.

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well, if they stacked the box to stop the run...and still couldn't...who is that on?  The coaches or the players who couldn't stop it? 

The easy answer is the HC for casting out Dareus?

Seems like every 5-7 years we have to go thru this "one man can't possibly make a difference" phase when it comes to run defense.

I don't know how much more obvious it can be than what you saw in Jax and Buff games the past couple weeks.

They effectively swapped run defenses when Dareus changed sides.

15 minutes ago, hemma said:

I think it was difficult for the Defense to maintain any level of intensity in the 2nd half when they see:

- 3 plays (int)

- 3 plays (out)

- 3 plays (out)

Offense under Taylor had the ball for a whopping 3:44 in the 2nd half and did worse than nothing. 

Saints during that part of the game had it 21:23.

IMO, they gave up on the offense doing their job.

So is it the team quit on Taylor?  The whole unit, the OC?  Can't really answer these rhetorical questions, but I wonder if there is confidence that with better personnel the offense will function well or at least not be a complete disaster.

33 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

The first half of the season was an illusion. Games were won with smoke and mirrors, not with talent. The smoke blew away and the mirror shattered. This is who the Bills are.

I was hoping the mirage was not a mirage, but in general its hard to argue against this.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The easy answer is the HC for casting out Dareus?

Seems like every 5-7 years we have to go thru this "one man can't possibly make a difference" phase when it comes to run defense.

I don't know how much more obvious it can be than what you saw in Jax and Buff games the past couple weeks.

They effectively swapped run defenses when Dareus changed sides.

Well, fine, but we got rid of a fella who was not zealous for the process and picked up a cool sixth round draft pick that could escalate to a fifth!

8 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, fine, but we got rid of a fella who was not zealous for the process and picked up a cool sixth round draft pick that could escalate to a fifth!

What McD was effectively saying in trading or choosing not to retain the players he did was that he couldn't win with those guys.

A cursory glance at the records of the teams that acquired the young talented veterans the Bills jettisoned does not seem to support that conclusion.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What McD was effectively saying in trading or choosing not to retain the players he did was that he couldn't win with those guys.

A cursory glance at the records of the teams that acquired the young talented veterans the Bills jettisoned does not seem to support that conclusion.

Yes, it's not at all a good sign.