Report: Huge Problem Brewing between Irsay and Luck

I'm not surprised because Irsay is flat crazy. And I don't mean like a fox. With Lucks contract and Irsay's nuttiness don't be shocked if he is dealt for a slew of picks and the Colts take a new QB with their bounty. I think it would take an absolute minimum of 2 first rounders plus other picks to get a trade done. The Bills should consider such a trade as much as any other team out there. It would be expensive, but worth it imo. 

This is crazy stuff.  A franchise QB being traded in his prime is virtually unheard of.  This rift has the potential to completely change the competitive balance in the league overnight.  I have no idea what will happen with the Colts and Luck but I'm pretty sure this story ends with a couple of dead hookers in Irsay's house.

16 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I'd package both 2018 1sts and our 2019 1st to land him.

Willing to throw caution to the wind are we? That is a massive gamble. I like Luck and am behind the acquisition as he would be far superior in Rico's WC-oriented offence than Tyrod, who I still like as a QB. However, 3 firsts for damaged goods is not part of "the process " as we have seen to date. I would, however, consider 2 firsts, one in each of the 2018 and 2019 drafts. It would probably take Tyrod too, which would make sense as it would show that the team commitment to him ends at the conclusion of this season.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
Misspelling

8 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

As much as obtaining a franchise QB is paramount, a guy will struggle to be a franchise QB from the PT pool. 

Said plenty about brees.

franchise qbs don’t come available without risk. You are either betting a 21 year old beats the odds, or you are hoping a 27 year old coming with either injuries or inconsistencies steps up. 

If the docs like his shoulder, you consider pretty much anything to get him

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

Said plenty about brees.

franchise qbs don’t come available without risk. You are either betting a 21 year old beats the odds, or you are hoping a 27 year old coming with either injuries or inconsistencies steps up. 

If the docs like his shoulder, you consider pretty much anything to get him

it's really a no-brainer. can't believe some of the responses in this thread.

:lol:

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Peyton had Edgerrin James and a HOF WR in Harrison. 

Are you seriously trying to tell me that Peyton is who he is because of Harrison and Edgerring James? Harrison is a HOF'er because of Peyton and yes James was a good RB but come on man. Peyton has made players around him better his entire career. Even in Denver he had quite possibly the greatest season a QB has ever had in 2013. Are you gonna say that it's because he had Demaryius Thomas? Look what happened to the Colts when he missed 2011 because of his neck surgery. They went to crap. Luck is overrated. Period. Trying to make an argument that is just plain stupid is idiotic

Edited by Buffalo03

Look....I don't know what the medical says about the situation.  To me, it sounds like this could be another Drew Brees situation on the surface.  You don't know exactly what you are going to get, but if it works out in your favor, you're set for a long time.

If it's me and he's on the market, and the chances suggest he will come back at some point.....even if it is next year or even the year after, I am definitely willing to take a swing.  If you miss, you miss.  But man....if it works out in your favor, it would be huge.

Unfortunately, we will never know exactly what the medical situation is.  But the team will.  If there is even a chance he comes back to 100%, I want to know the cost and it is probably a chance I am willing to take.

Seen this coming for a while.  In a way, I don't blame Irsay's frustration.  With Manning, he had a team that was frequently the top seed in the AFC, even top record in the whole NFL.  He would then see Manning lead the Colts to "one and done" in the playoffs (an NFL record) NINE times with Manning's personal stats dipping hard too.  He even alluded to this when he got Luck and Manning left to Denver.  What he got in Luck was a guy he had no choice but to pay a massive contract too that has the same syndrome.  Luck got the Colts to playoffs his first 3 years while playing in what was then a weak division.  Put up gaudy stats in the regular season just to see Luck personal play drop big in the playoffs.  In fact, Luck has more INT's than TD's and never had a playoff season with more TD's than INT's.  

Then Luck and the Colts would go on to have big regular season issues, even seeing the Colts win more games with Hasselbeck while Luck was sidelined.  This was followed by more injury issues for Luck that has further brought this team down.  They are paying big money to TY yet have no one who can get him the ball because the other Big money is in a QB that both hasn't gotten it done in the postseason and now cant seem to get it going in regular season or even play.  

I have said it MANY times...Luck's contract is one of worst in football right now.  Its a cap choking deal tied up in a guy who has 105 turnovers in 76 games, who cant stay healthy, and plays a style that will contribute to his injury probability moving forward.  The Colts are going to forever suck while stuck with Luck.  He is one of the most overrated players in the NFL thus far.  Not saying he isnt any good, saying he is over rated.  There is this mythological legend around him where he is still living off his draft hype as the second coming.  He is loaded with talent, and he can still go on to be a great QB...but that contract, his turnovers, and his injuries are no bueno.  

I would not be shocked in the least if the Colts moved on from Luck.  And I am sure Luck can be a stud QB on a better roster too if he can stay healthy, but I don't think it will be in Indy.   They are too far away from being a good team as a whole, and Luck isn't going to take that roster anywhere any time soon.  

Edited by Alphadawg7