Silver Lining - Zay Jones

Kid showed he is going to be a player. Now just hope he is not hurt too bad.

This is a game they can learn from. Hate to say I saw this coming, but I kind of did. Suggested that in another thread only to be told I have a bad case of BBF syndrome. Of course I do, but road game, division opponent, playing for their season, that we already beat once, Bills are jacked about Benjamin, and everyone pumping our tires all week. Kind of foreseeable. When the team is more mature and more used to success it will stop happening. NOT the same old Bills. Growing pains.

Six and a touchdown in part of a game where offense was rarely on the field. Buzz off.

And eight games as a rook is not a long break-in period

Eight games to get your first TD is pretty good..........................................................................................................................rolls eyes.

Kid showed he is going to be a player. Now just hope he is not hurt too bad.

This is a game they can learn from. Hate to say I saw this coming, but I kind of did. Suggested that in another thread only to be told I have a bad case of BBF syndrome. Of course I do, but road game, division opponent, playing for their season, that we already beat once, Bills are jacked about Benjamin, and everyone pumping our tires all week. Kind of foreseeable. When the team is more mature and more used to success it will stop happening. NOT the same old Bills. Growing pains.

More mature? The problem is we have one of the older teams in the league....so hoping they can get to maturity by next week!

As far as Zay goes, he looks like he's emerging. The other guy who's playing much better the last two weeks is Adolfus Washington!

I was about to start a thread called silver lining for the same reason but the thread was already started. Yes it's much more important for the team overall how Zay will play in 2018 and 19 than what happened on the scoreboard last night. He's getting open and becoming a reliable outlet and making the catches. He also has a remarkably injury resistant body to be able to get back on the field after what looked like a possible ACL which separates him from almost all our starting receivers of the recent past.

I wanted them to start KB and Thompson on the outside, with Matthews in the lot. That is, until Zay's breakout performance last night. Now that's probably what they'll have to do. Looking forward to seeing that and Clay (and Gaines) returning.

Jones was good. Would have been better. On that play he injured his knee he was going for a TD. Or at least a long gain.

yep - so many critical plays that turned the game - that was one.

Injury update-

@chrisbrownbills

McDermott: Zay Jones still being evaluated. Walking around today. Taiwan Jones is out for yr. Broke his right arm. #Bills

Sad to hear about Taiwan.

Zay was going for the house but for the trip. My initial reaction was "that was so dirty" - but on reflection, it is exactly what I would have done. He didn't know it would make the other leg land awkwardly. DB just trying to not give up the touch. Just a bad luck night all-around (and stupid) -- two bad dice rolls on one play (i) no touchdown, (ii) Zay hurt. Three inches and both would have been different.