Texans ready to walk out on owner after “inmate” comments

YoloinOhio

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good solution to the problem. Send more black guys to jail for unpaid parking tickets. ;)

what does race have to do with breaking the law. rule of law should prevail (even though it doesn't). regardless, noone should be put in jail for unpaid parking tickets. the penalty has to fit the crime. if someone can't pay their parking tickets they should lose their ability to drive or some such.

Except you are entitled to a starting QB job.

Except you are entitled to a starting QB job.

Kapernick isn't a starting QB. He can however say he should be, despite him being awful and coming with a huge headache. He isn't however a starting quarterback and therefore not entitled to anything. Appreciate you though.

what does race have to do with breaking the law. rule of law should prevail (even though it doesn't). regardless, noone should be put in jail for unpaid parking tickets. the penalty has to fit the crime. if someone can't pay their parking tickets they should lose their ability to drive or some such.

Force them to work at the DMV until the tickets are paid off. Kinda like washing dishes to pay a tab :D

It's just an expression--yes, poor choice of words, but good grief...are the players really this thin-skinned?

Sadly, I believe this is just the social climate at present.

Hopefully the controversy spills over into their season and they fall further behind the Bills in the WC race

If we can't beat 'em on the field...beat 'em off ;)

Sadly, I believe this is just the social climate at present.

Why is it sad though? How does it effect you?

Am I the only one that just doesn't care about this stuff? I keep seeing these threads get started on a weekly basis and 75% of you guys just talk in circles. I don't watch or follow football for it's politics. I also don't care if the players kneel. I don't care if there are flyovers. I watch football to be entertained by the sport, not by it's fans and their political persuasions. It's not like I don't have my own ideologies, but lately I have tried as hard as I can to separate them entirely from watching football.

It's just an expression--yes, poor choice of words, but good grief...are the players really this thin-skinned?

as sticks said, it's the climate. A year ago or two this comment is forgotten.

Every week we get more and more people wanting to be victims. From the dude in Seattle to Hopkins.

If these big muscle bound retards think this is offensive, yet are willing to play in a league with Vontaze Burfact I think there is irony.

This whole situation is going to be fueled by the MSM and ESPN to create controversy

It's a bunch of bull ****. McNair should grow a pair and fine Hopkins and sit him this weekend. Make that inmate learn his place. And no, I'm not joking.

In both cases there are some parties that don't get it.

Either way, this particular incident, to me, is a fairly sizable overreaction to a rather common and benign adage.

Agreed. I'm curious if he still would have been upset if he used the more common "inmates running the asylum" instead of prison.

as sticks said, it's the climate. A year ago or two this comment is forgotten.

Every week we get more and more people wanting to be victims. From the dude in Seattle to Hopkins.

If these big muscle bound retards think this is offensive, yet are willing to play in a league with Vontaze Burfact I think there is irony.

This whole situation is going to be fueled by the MSM and ESPN to create controversy

It's a bunch of bull ****. McNair should grow a pair and fine Hopkins and sit him this weekend. Make that inmate learn his place. And no, I'm not joking.

What is a bunch of bull **** though? Look at how worked up you've gotten!

Edit***

I skipped over the text that I enlarged, but I felt like enlarging it to highlight how absolutely impossible it would be for Boyst and I to have a rational discussion on this issue. I'm not even angry at him, it's just...we have such a difference of opinion that I don't think it needs to be talked about in circles. I'm here to watch football and talk about it. The more of this crap I see and the more these incidents become overblown news stories, the less I want to spend even a minute of my time following the sport.

Edited by fridge

This is ridiculous. Crazy how big this could become. Bad timing with the comment. I surely don't believe he meant it in "those terms". Sherman is awful. I wish he was the next player shunned by NFL owners and not given a contract.

Why is it sad though? How does it effect you?

Am I the only one that just doesn't care about this stuff? I keep seeing these threads get started on a weekly basis and 75% of you guys just talk in circles. I don't watch or follow football for it's politics. I also don't care if the players kneel. I don't care if there are flyovers. I watch football to be entertained by the sport, not by it's fans and their political persuasions. It's not like I don't have my own ideologies, but lately I have tried as hard as I can to separate them entirely from watching football.

abyear and a half ago I didn't care. Then last year I finally had enough when I said I didn't care. I voiced my opinion in threads here and this was during the epic Beerball meltdown when only one voice was heard. After that I've not been shy to say this whole thing is as stupid of an event as can comem