Schopp: Taylor is better than you think.

JM2009

He doesnt suck as bad as others the few probably want you to believe. Why do those people and their silly opinions get so much attention?

Fixed that for you. Only a few think he sucks and we know who they are.

It's actually pretty weird to look at. In 2015 he fumbled 9 times and lost 0 of them. In 2016 he fumbled 4 times and lost 2.

is this a trend? :w00t::devil:

I think hes lost 2. I agree with you though. It should be TD to turnover.

This depends on if he is talking purely passing stats. The grey area ... was he about to pass when he fumbled?

If he includes rushing and passing stats then yes you would be more correct.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe just appreciate what the current quarterback of the team is doing.

The sentence that sums up my feelings about TT the best.

....ASININE not to......he's here for 2017....beyond?...who knows......in the meantime, you exploit his talents (mobility, agility, etc) like Dennison FINALLY did last week ......same goes for Castillo and blocking scheme adjustments......damn scheme(s) need to be flexible enough to fit the personnel you have to work with NOW......next year?......stay tuned..............

"How does 54 touchdowns to 14 interceptions sound? Because that's Taylor's record as Bills quarterback -- 44 TD passes, 10 rushing touchdowns, 14 picks. Taylor has rushed for 1,322 yards for an average of 5.6 yards per turn."[/size]

It's crazy how you are on top of everything posted on the Bills. Twenty minutes before me. This article came out at 10:30.

The trick is he must own the internet, pick out what he wants then passes it along to the rest of us. Did you ever see Robert Redford in The Sting? I think that's how he does it.

But I’m not positive.....

The trick is he must own the internet, pick out what he wants then passes it along to the rest of us. Did you ever see Robert Redford in The Sting? I think that's how he does it.

But I’m not positive.....

so... you're saying that he is Al Gore in disguise?

People can't re-evaluate or change their minds after watching a player improve? That means they were lying before?

IMO Taylor hasn't really "improved." I always thought he was this good, but people must finally be tired crapping of on him.

People can't re-evaluate or change their minds after watching a player improve? That means they were lying before?

WGR just wants listens and clicks. I dont know if they believe half of what they say. Last year their narrative was Tyrod Taylor doesnt throw to the middle of the field and isnt good enough, this year its that he is good enough and Peterman will stay on the bench all year.

I disagree with Schopp.

Currently, Taylor is 12th in passer rating, 17th in QBR, 19th in DYAR, 24th in yards per attempt, 29th in passing yards per game and 31st in sack percentage.

This is who he is. And it's good enough for now, but not good enough if we ever want to win a Super Bowl title.

He's the prototypical stop-gap QB.

WGR just wants listens and clicks. I dont know if they believe half of what they say. Last year their narrative was Tyrod Taylor doesnt throw to the middle of the field and isnt good enough, this year its that he is good enough and Peterman will stay on the bench all year.

It's a sports talk station. Their job is to have strong opinions that get their listeners to respond emotionally.

I disagree with Schopp.

Currently, Taylor is 12th in passer rating, 17th in QBR, 19th in DYAR, 24th in yards per attempt, 29th in passing yards per game and 31st in sack percentage.

This is who he is. And it's good enough for now, but not good enough if we ever want to win a Super Bowl title.

SB for the Bills , at this point, is 10 wins and a playoff spot.

The irony is thick considering Schopp was leading the "dump Tyrod" parade before.

Has he really? Schoop has been saying the general points of this column on air for a couple years. He's advocated the front office choosing a clear direction and if that involved dumping Taylor so be it.

I simply agree with the line of thinking that they should draft a QB high immediately, but I wouldn't be so quick to throw that rookie to the wolves when you have a very solid option on the roster.

I disagree with Schopp.

Give him some receivers and stability on the sidelines with coaches who aren't stuck in the 70s with the "run and stop the run" mentality and you'll see how good Taylor really is.

Edited by QB Bills

So our dream is to be the 2016 Miami Dolphins? That might be good enough for some.

You raise a fair point. Tyrod is good enough to get into the playoffs I think, but he isn't good enough to take a team to the superbowl.

In saying that I hope they keep him next year but still draft a QB in the first round

So our dream is to be the 2016 Miami Dolphins? That might be good enough for some.

heck of a start with a new coaching staff..... good enough FOR NOW is what I think most would agree with. i'm in the common sense camp that thinks we still may be able to field a fun to watch competitive team, maybe fool around and get themselves into the playoffs, and still have ammo to go get the guy of the future. some people(not saying you are one) have a hard time grasping that concept. but its looking more and more like a real possibility.

You raise a fair point. Tyrod is good enough to get into the playoffs I think, but he isn't good enough to take a team to the superbowl.

In saying that I hope they keep him next year but still draft a QB in the first round

yup

Give him some receivers and stability on the sidelines with coaches who aren't stuck in the 70s with the "run and stop the run" mentality and you'll see how good Taylor really is.

By the same token, we may also see how bad Taylor really is when there aren't 9 defenders stacked in the box on nearly every snap.