Schopp: Taylor is better than you think.

JM2009

Mike Schopp has been big on Tyrod for a while now for some reason.

A few days ago he flat out said he would not want Eli Manning instead of Tyrod, thinking that would be an obvious downgrade.

Then again, he also thinks that winning or losing face-offs in hockey is not important and just a silly thing "hockey people" talk about despite having no real impact on the game.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few days ago he flat out said he would not want Eli Manning instead of Tyrod, thinking that would be an obvious downgrade.

Then again, he also thinks that winning or losing face-offs in hockey is not important and just a silly thing "hockey people" talk about despite having no real impact on the game.

Well, he's right. On both counts.

2017 Tyrod Taylor is better than 2017 Eli Manning. I dont think anyone that watches football would debate that. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Stats can be misleading. I'm no QB guru but what I see is a QB who has little anticipation, can't throw receivers open, is consistently innaccurate, and holds the ball way too long. He throws late or behind wide open receivers and his ball placement usually sucks. He obviously can make plays with his feet, is great on the broken play, is well respected and a leader of this team. His lack of turnovers is impressive. He's the best we have right now and McD will ride him until we are eliminated from the playoff hunt. He's reached his ceiling, we know exactly what we are getting with him so keep him around until we drop out of the hunt, then put in Peterman to see what we have and get ready to draft a QB high using our collective picks.

Stats can be misleading for a small sample size; not for almost 3 seasons.

Your subjective eye test is the only thing thats misleading because you continue to focus on the deficiencies without acknowledging the positives. And by you im referring to the general you.

I disagree with Schopp.

Currently, Taylor is 12th in passer rating, 17th in QBR, 19th in DYAR, 24th in yards per attempt, 29th in passing yards per game and 31st in sack percentage.

This is who he is. And it's good enough for now, but not good enough if we ever want to win a Super Bowl title.

He's the prototypical stop-gap QB.

What TF does this even mean ? - proof that TT is in his own category.

take a lap.

Yep, I kind of feel the same way about 2017 Ben (although I think that he will retire).

Ben has definitely played much better the past couple of weeks than he did through the first 5.... but I still think this might be it for him. And he has always been better than Eli anyway....