Schopp: Taylor is better than you think.

JM2009

Other than someone said something bad about his hero?

SOS

You really need help. The guy has me on ignore yet always comments on my posts. I called him out and was right and he couldn't handle it. Very dishonest poster. Makes things up.

Edited by JM2009

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and the poster feud continues.

Naw we are just one large disfunctional family.

The big yellow one is the sun. Duhhh. Tyrod has always been better than people think.

Some clarity.

Tyrod is better than some people think.

Tyrod not as great as some people think.

As always throw out the extremes.

Early on in his Bills tenure, I suggested that TT could be Mike Vick with better pocket awareness and ball security. I think this is what he has shown. He does not take the brutal hits that are typical of most QBs that hold the ball like he does and he never shows signs of panic. His game never craters so even on his worst days, the Bills still have a chance. Most QBs' worst days will give their teams no chance at all.

None of these traits flash in an eyepleasing manner. So Schopp is correct that TT's QB play is under appreciated. On a play to play basis, it's a fine line between patience and indecisiveness but his body of work suggests that he is amongst the most patient QBs in the league.

It is not that TT's QB play is under appreciated.

It is that we would like to see more consistent play week after week of the very good Taylor

and not A great game followed by 3 more typical Taylor games.

I think if you look around you would see quite a few that don't appreciate how good he actually is. Not to say he is great and you are right on the consistency thing. I also think you know this.

I think if you look around you would see quite a few that don't appreciate how good he actually is. Not to say he is great and you are right on the consistency thing. I also think you know this.

Quite a few? I see maybe 6 or so if how many here.

1 or 2 of them as I read have been banned.

You know my stance. Taylor is good but he can be better. That is what we all want.

Quite a few? I see maybe 6 or so if how many here.

1 or 2 of them as I read have been banned.

You know my stance. Taylor is good but he can be better. That is what we all want.

Well lets hope he runs 7 times or more today.

In Taylor’s 35 starts with the Bills, he’s run the ball seven or more times in a game on 20 occasions. He’s averaged 5.57 yards per carry in those games, gaining almost 1,000 yards (965). In comparison to the 15 starts in which Taylor has not taken off to run at least seven times, the production for the Bills offense is better across the board.

That production includes the most important category, wins and losses.

Buffalo runs for more yards per carry when Taylor has seven rushes or more in a game (5.05 yards) than when he doesn’t (4.68).

The team is more effective in converting third downs (44.6% to 39%) when the Bills quarterback has seven or more carries.

Red zone touchdown percentage is seven percent higher when Taylor’s legs are a defined part of the offensive attack. The offense reaches the end zone at a clip of just over 60 percent (60.6%). When Taylor has remained strictly a passer that figure dips to 53.6 percent.

Following suit is the Bills points per game average. Buffalo averages close to a field goal more per game when Taylor has seven or more carries (24.95 ppg) than when he doesn’t (22.6 ppg).

More third down conversions, more red zone touchdowns and more points naturally leads to a better won-loss record. When Taylor has seven or more carries the Bills are 14-6. When he doesn’t Buffalo is 5-10.

Taylor ran 6 times last week.

i must say that i was impressed today. and after all the **** i have given Taylor, that takes some doing. he looked good today, real good. his stat line is still not where one would like it, but today, he was doing the things that i have been a critcal opponent of him not doing. so a kudos to him is well deserved.

Edited by Foxx