Schopp: Taylor is better than you think.

JM2009

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor has certainly graded out well in certain areas, but I still tend to believe a lot of it is because he doesn't turn the ball over much because of not taking chances and/or throwing the ball out of bounds or overthrowing down the field.

With that said he's in prime position to get this team to 5-2 and possibly 6-2 if last week against the Bucs wasn't an anomaly. So basically we'll find out if he's truly turned the corner or the same old player in the span of 4 days over the next two games.

Taylor has certainly graded out well in certain areas, but I still tend to believe a lot of it is because he doesn't turn the ball over much because of not taking chances and/or throwing the ball out of bounds or overthrowing down the field.

With that said he's in prime position to get this team to 5-2 and possibly 6-2 if last week against the Bucs wasn't an anomaly. So basically we'll find out if he's truly turned the corner or the same old player in the span of 4 days over the next two games.

I heard John Murphy say this too...so I am not just railing you....

but, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday makes 5 days...AM I FREAKING CRAZY OR CAN PEOPLE NOT DO ROUTINE MATH???

but, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday makes 5 days...AM I FREAKING CRAZY OR CAN PEOPLE NOT DO ROUTINE MATH???

Nitpicking but yes you are correct.

Both of these games loom LARGE for not only Taylor but the Bills. If this team gets to 6-2 I'm certainly on the playoff bandwagon, but 5-3 wouldn't necessarily be worst case either assuming we beat the Jets/lose to Raiders.

an extremely underrated characterstic of his that was lost on people for his first 2 years becuz he rarely had help on the other side of the ball...

i'm all for looking for better options but now we finally see how VALUABLE protecting the football and ripping off the occasional big play can be with an opportunistic defense helping the offense out.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Technically, its 4 days and 4 hours between contests. So, closer to 4 days than 5. Hope that clears up the math issues👍

an extremely underrated characterstic of his that was lost on people for his first 2 years becuz he rarely had help on the other side of the ball...

i'm all for looking for better options but now we finally see how VALUABLE protecting the football and ripping off the occasional big play can be with an opportunistic defense helping the offense out.

I'd still like to see Taylor take more chances and I believe he's going to need to this week against another high octane offense and QB.

loom LARGE

Extremely L.A.R.G.E indeed!

It is pretty amazing how people find ways to dismiss this as nothing but an exceptional trait for a QB. Matt Moore gave the Ravens 12 points last night with horrible passes.

I'd still like to see Taylor take more chances and I believe he's going to need to this week against another high octane offense and QB.

Extremely L.A.R.G.E indeed!

Do you mean to throw into double coverage more, throw to a receiver that's not open? I'd prefer he not.