Carson Wentz

Man I'm watching this story they're having on Carson Wentz and a kid with cancer.

What a HELL of an individual this guy is.

You'd probably be way less of a @#%^ if you were 25, rich and famous. Either that or you'd be way worse. I know I'd have been way worse.

Read the story on ESPN and saw the boy's tears of joy when he got Wentz' message. Very touching. Whether they want to be or not, right or wrong, athletes are role models to some kids. To me, the joy Wentz bought to that little boy who soon died is more meaningful and enduring than any game ever played.

Read the story on ESPN and saw the boy's tears of joy when he got Wentz' message. Very touching. Whether they want to be or not, right or wrong, athletes are role models to some kids. To me, the joy Wentz bought to that little boy who soon died is more meaningful and enduring than any game ever played.

Brady would have CURED that kid.

Seriously though, good story.

It's a great story. The fact that Wentz plays in the games is what made it meaningful to the kid, so it all ties together.

So you think we could have traded up to get him from our spot......okkkkkkkkaaay

Didn't the Eagles trade up from somewhere in the teens to get him? First to #8, then to #2 if memory server me correctly. That first trade was the one that sent Kiko to Miami.

The Browns not drafting Wentz is worse than any non pick by the Bills during the drought.

The Browns passing on Wentz is like the Bills passing on Watson.

Both teams decided to wait until next year for their QB. The Browns ended up with Kizer, the Bills will end up with TBD.

We could've had him.

The Cleveland Browns have a "We'll only trade with the Eagles," standing policy. The baseball guy in their FO loved McNabb.

Eagles traded up from #13 to #8 with Miami before they traded with the Browns.

Just going from #8 to #2 cost the Eagles 5 picks - two 1sts, a 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Plus the 3 players traded to secure 2 of those picks. Their #1 CB (Byron Maxwell), a starting LB (Kiko Alonso) + #13 to Miami for #8, and #1 RB (Demarco Murray) to Tennessee for another pick used in the trade.

They had been trying to get the #2 pick since January. They were dead set on getting one of the top 2 QBs.

With the Bills sitting at #19, I'd think it would have cost us quite a bit more, and even then it may have been hard to beat out the Eagles. The Browns could have easily chose to only fall back to #8 instead of #19, or it could have turned into a bidding war that would be easier for the Eagles to win with a much higher 1st to trade back.

To assume we could have had him is a guess at best.

Also, wasn't there rumors that Whaley actually did try to trade to #2 or something like that?

For all we know he did try and got beat out by the Eagles.