Td celebrations are over the tops

Howard

I remember when guys used to score a td at Rich stadium or even the Rockpile. My wife and son would say "dad watch him spike the ball" and weed laugh at how the ball would bounce when they threw it to the ground. Ive seen all kinds of td dances lately like the bathtub washing and the shoot the dog and the boxing match. Why do these guys feel the need to look like goofs doing these dances? At least Gronkorski just throws the ball in to the turf. Then there are these other guys that need to make a specktackle of themselves and they look dumb. They walk a dog or they pee like a dog but they look dumb. I hope Mcdermott doesn't put up with these weird dances. We are better then this.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is like people that b*tch about today's bat-flipping young hotheads ruining baseball, when clear video evidence exists of Roger Maris doing the same thing.

My late uncle who lived in Chicago years ago used to tell me stories of Mike Ditka getting up and whining for a flag each and every time he was tackled. No, that's not the same thing as TD celebrations, but let's not pretend the players of yesteryear were just a bunch of strong, silent types either.

Edited by jimmy10

Yeah some of it is a little silly, but yet comical. I have to say I got a little kick out of the Steelers hide-n-seek TD celebration. Overall though it doesn't really bother me. Guess they're letting a little more "entertainment" allowed with the game.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

A Big part of the reason why i have all but quit watching the All About Me League i would just like to watch football with out all the BS !!

But until that happens ill be doing other things ... like reading what you all have to say about the play !!

Yeah some of it is a little silly, but yet comical. I have to say I got a little kick out of the Steelers hide-n-seek TD celebration. Overall though it doesn't really bother me. Guess they're letting a little more "entertainment" allowed with the game.

Some of the celebrations are mildly amusing, but nowadays I find that most are simply over-the-top, or just plain stupid. I have to say the hide-n-seek TD celebration was just annoying to watch. I could be in the minority on that, but it felt like hearing nails on a chalkboard.

Some of the celebrations are mildly amusing, but nowadays I find that most are simply over-the-top, or just plain stupid. I have to say the hide-n-seek TD celebration was just annoying to watch. I could be in the minority on that, but it felt like hearing nails on a chalkboard.

Oh I agree. Some, even go as far as to say a lot of them are stupid/. Think I just got a kick outta that one because I watch my kids play hide n seek alot. So it made me chuckle.

Ovrall though it doesn't bother me one way or other in the long run anyway. But that's jus me.

They studied attitudes about this many years ago and found it mostly breaks down by race. White people don't like animated celebrations. Black people enjoy them more. Given the racial breakdown of WR/RBs in this league - it's no surprise that TD celebrations are more animated than the average white guy wants to see.

A Big part of the reason why i have all but quit watching the All About Me League i would just like to watch football with out all the BS !!

But until that happens ill be doing other things ... like reading what you all have to say about the play !!

(quote him) this is my point. The nfl has become a league where everyone looks to see who can out do who. I and my wife are sick of it. We usually watch the game on sunday but this week we might stop watching until they stop these dumb td protests. In actuality we might protest their td protests because then they might stop doing them. Our local weather lady in arizona is always looking for stories and she might like how we are making awareness for this kind of thing.

Some of the celebrations are a bit silly, and too long, but for the most part they don't bother me.

What I get sick of are all the celebrations that are made by players for getting a first down or for simply making a tackle. That is dumb.

Edited by Mark Vader

Yes it's me being an old fart but just hand the ball to the ref. Like it's no big deal beating the defense. That makes more of a statement than anything.

It was good enough for Jerry Rice. Barry Sanders. Jim Brown. Most all HOF RBs and WRs. Should be good enough for these new kids.

Yes it's me being an old fart but just hand the ball to the ref. Like it's no big deal beating the defense. That makes more of a statement than anything.

It was good enough for Jerry Rice. Barry Sanders. Jim Brown. Most all HOF RBs and WRs. Should be good enough for these new kids.

Thats what Im thinking. Member when Roger Craig and Curtis Martin used to score. Even Markus Allen used to just hand the ball to the ref. It was how they would show respect and still had fun. They were pros. Jim Brown was my idol and so was Zonka. They didnt need to do the lawn sprinkler dance or the freeze tag stuff. Younger players and so in to keeping up on societal media like Facebooks and Twiiter. Anyway. We arent watching anymore td celebrations. Well switch the channel when someone scores.