Mile High Sports: Bills OT Glenn could be traded to Broncos

If it wasn't for that pesky salary cap...

I honestly don't think Beane cares about the ramifications the next few years especially if this team somehow sneaks into the playoffs this year with tons of draft picks to build on.

In an ideal scenario though we'd rework Glenn and/or Dareus contract to help facilitate a trade and depending on whether or not these guys want out of Buffalo they might be willing to accommodate.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the outlet, Benjamin Albright is a legit insider trust me on this.

Nope. Albright's just another guy. He has no special insight or access--other than his willingness to be used by agents who want to plant stories helpful to their clients...

http://www.frontofficesports.org/interviews/8/2/the-pursuit-of-knowledge-and-scoops-cbs-sports-benjamin-allbright

The Bills have had trouble all season long establishing the run game, so now that Glenn is returning to health in a critical stretch of the season, they're willing to trade him to a team they could potentially have to beat out for a WC berth? Makes no sense to me.

And he is a proven blue chip commodity. If they move him, unless the line just blows opponents off the ball for the remainder of the season with the replacement, we're all going to start letting that tank mode thought back in.

I just can't imagine any offensive line situation where a Cordy doesn't make it better.. right/left, tackle or guard.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Walt's a bit of a blowhard but I've always enjoyed his website and commentary.

They particularly do yeoman's work with the draft coverage. Lots of in depth scouting reports and solid work put in.

Nothing wrong with enjoying it. Just understand that it's not built on any particular football acumen or insider insight.

He doesn't have the football background of, say, Nate Geary or Brian Galliford to name just two of the folks hereabouts who know their stuff.

He has two employees. They don't have the horses to put in their own work or know how to create "in depth scouting reports". They compile mock drafts, hundreds and hundreds of them. It's what they do.

I honestly don't think Beane cares about the ramifications the next few years especially if this team somehow sneaks into the playoffs this year with tons of draft picks to build on.

In an ideal scenario though we'd rework Glenn and/or Dareus contract to help facilitate a trade and depending on whether or not these guys want out of Buffalo they might be willing to accommodate.

You think that they will take $8.9M this year and another $9.6M next year in dead money to get rid of Glenn? I don't. I think that this trade may be Henderson for Lattimer or Booker.

You think that they will take $8.9M this year and another $9.6M next year in dead money to get rid of Glenn? I don't. I think that this trade may be Henderson for Lattimer or Booker.

I can understand the new regime's frustration with Dareus but not with Glenn. I've always liked him and thought that he was a very good player who didn't get much recognition. Glenn getting healthy and playing to the level that he has previously played at is a player that this team not only needs but should want.

Doubt it. Draft picks are still 50-50 in the first round. Solid tackles are still worth a ton in this league. You could only dream about getting a guy as good as Glenn even with a #1 and I know he was a #2.

I tend to agree but I can't truthfully say that I would be angry if they did. The way I look at it is that it could help get us a quarterback. I also don't think the Broncos will have a great record, and this draft seems to be a good one.

Despite the above, teams just don't trade solid left tackles. When we traded away Peters he was the best player on the team. It didn't work and as you imply, the odds are against it working now.

It depends on what the definition of too much is though.

A 1st round pick? Obviously not happening.

A RB or WR + mid round pick, that seems more than feasible to me for a solid (albeit not elite) LT.

There's talk that Denver's RB Devontae Booker to Dallas was a hot rumor but that got shot down quickly. Yet if the Bills want a RB from the Broncos all we need to do is sign Jonathan Williams off their practice squad with no compensation assuming Denver doesn't match it by making him part of their active roster. Yet I doubt they'd do it since have 4 active RBs already.

Edited by The Jokeman