What Would It Take For You To Quit The Bills?

boyst

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relocation. I'd back-burner the NFL as a league and stop watching pro football if we suck for another 5 years though, I worry about subjecting my kids to a life of disappointment inducting them into this misery club.

Here's something I wonder about: If you live outside of NY - do you still raise your kids as Bills fans or have you let them pick a local team to root for to spare them the frustration?

I know where this thread could go so be polite. If someone says something you disagree with and you feel so steadfast to make this another Kaepernick/political thread, I'll shut this stojan down. Let them say their peace because it's their opinion not yours.

So what would it take? What would it take for you to honestly and wholy quit the Bills? Relocation? Kaepernick? Signing a certain other player? Another trade? Moving uptown and limiting tailgating?

I think relocation is the only thing that would have made me quit this team out right? Moving to Toronto, Las Vegas, Grand Rapids, Michigan... Anything outside of Western New York.

Relocation...I wouldn't root for the Bills when they played in Toronto.

Virgil, I'm calling BS on 2. Sure, you believe to your soul that you could never root for Brady. But the second he'd pull on that Buffalo helmet we all know you'd be right back, and so would the rest of us.

So ... San Diego Bills would be o.k. (like Utah Jazz or something)?

All it what you want, but they both make me sick. I would not watch while either team is on the roster. I was terrified with the Vick rumors. I just cant support them.

Brady coming here and winning a Super Bowl is my first nightmare. It would just ruin it for me.

All it what you want, but they both make me sick. I would not watch while either team is on the roster. I was terrified with the Vick rumors. I just cant support them.

Brady coming here and winning a Super Bowl is my first nightmare. It would just ruin it for me.

This is cutting off your nose to spite your face type of logic.

I would loathe Brady playing for the Bills because the only way New England allows him to go to a divisional rival is if its Bledsoe part II and the guy is washed up.

What exactly is all this "evidence otherwise"? I agree that the Pegulas are willing to spend money, but after they got conned by Ryan they seem to have stepped back and turned the running of the team over to "the football people" which would be a good move if Brandon and his "football people" were actually "football people" who knew something about football rather than bean counters dedicated to increasing profitabillity. Beane has no player personnel expertise, so basically, the only "football guy" is their rookie HC, Sean McDermott, who certainly has a much more modest resume than Dick Jauron, Chan Gailey or Doug Marrone, since all of them had head coaching experience in college or the NFL.

How is letting Gilmore, Goodwin, and Woods in FA and then using 2017 first and second round draft picks on a DB and WR to replace them any different than all the other times over the last 20 years that the Bills have shed their best DBs and WRs and used draft picks on their replacements?

Trading Watkins had nothing to do with his attitude but with the fact that the Bills were never going to offer him market value, even before he made his comments about WRs being paid more in general. If the Bills had been interested in signing him at all, they would have picked up his option; they just waitied until he demonstrated he was healthy to pull the trigger on the trade. I expect that the Watkins trade may very well join the other two great trades the Bills pulled off under Brandon's watch: All Pro LT Jason Peters to Philadelphia and All Pro RB Marshawn Lynch to Seattle.

Basically, the team is doing exactly the same manure under the new ownership that it did under the old ownership. The names and faces of the lower echelon people -- where "the football people" are -- have changed but higher up the food chain -- the guys who make the real decisions -- haven't changed at all.

I think it's just more of a case where you don understand what they're trying to do here. I'm not saying it's going to work, but they have a plan. You really don't think trading Sammy had nothing to do with his personality and production, and it's only about money?

do you think losing guys like gilmore and goodwin was strictly about the money. do you think the bills should have paid out for gilmore? the pats did and they don't seem to pumped about it. what did goodwin ever do in buffalo? woods is solid, but his contract was pretty large. on top of that, if the bill were trying to shed contracts and save money, why give eric wood a contract bump?

Edited by teef

I think it's just more of a case where you don understand what they're trying to do here. I'm not saying it's going to work, but they have a plan. You really don't think trading Sammy had nothing to do with his personality and production, and it's only about money?

I understand EXACTLY what game the Bills are and have been playing under Brandon. It's "money ball".

Money had everything to do with the Watkins trade. Being a selfish primadonna is part and parcel of being a talented young WR in the NFL. If they stick around long enough, they usually mellow out, but early in their careers, just about any WR taken in the first round is going to be a PITA, and some of them never get over it. Furthermore, since Watkins was injured for much of the last year, using his supposed lack of production is simply an excuse ... and it plays into the prejudices of Bills fans against players who make big $$$, something that's been carefully cultivated by OBD and it's constant whining about the "salary cap".

Part of the morning sports headline is that Cordy Glenn's future with the Bills is "iffy" because he has a big contract and isn't "performing" up to that contract. Translated that means it's all right to keep a turnstile OG like Vlad Ducasse because he signed for cheap but it's time to send the high-priced LT Glenn packing because the Bills don't think he's worth what they're paying him because he's been hurt, even though this is the first significant time he's missed in his pro career.

If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, and it waddles like a duck, it's a duck not a swan.

Edited by SoTier

If Terry Pegula buys one more professional sports franchise in Buffalo I'm so done with this team.

:lol::w00t: yep me too, unless its a new baseball or basketball franchise but then those aren't really sports worthy of watching IMO

I'm nearly to the point honestly. The protests really are starting to push me to not watch. I've loved the Bills since I can remember knowing what football is. To me, it has always been something to look forward to to get away from all the bad in the world. Now, it seems like all the political crap is spilling into it and the escape that it used to be is starting to fade.

Im surprised I havent seen signing a QB that makes puppies sad. Because back when Vick was on the market, so many posts were devoted to how they would quit the franchise if we had gone after him. Good thing we took the high road and didnt end up with QB with the exact same skill set. That one contributor to the Colin Cowherd show seems to think hes great btw.