Kaepernick Files Grievance Against NFL Owners

Foxx

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was in 2013. Foles was a very good QB that year. After that, he was injured and didn't play nearly as well. Big deal. And guess what? Foles is still in the league.

If your point is that everything a QB does in a Chip Kelly system needs to be ignored (because it's such an awesome system for QBs?), it's a ridiculous argument. My point was simply that in his most recent season in the NFL, for a team nearly devoid of NFL talent, Kaepernick performed pretty damn well. Are you pretending not to understand the point, or are you too stupid to figure it out on your own?

Actually, that wasn't my point, but I'm not exactly shocked that you didn't get that either.

The point is that the case you made to support your argument is a weak one. I demonstrated that by showing a parallel situation with a conclusion that is the opposite of what your theory would suggest.

And do you think for 2 seconds that Nick Foles would be in the league if he were mired in controversy?

Does Kaep REALLY want to play? Or is he hoping for a one-time mega payout to go away? Just remember it is ALWAYS about the money

Last I saw the NFL was a private business and you work at their convenience. They are not obligated to hire you just because you want in

col·lu·sion

kəˈlo͞oZHən/Submit

noun

secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

"the armed forces were working in collusion with drug traffickers"

synonyms: conspiracy, connivance, complicity, intrigue, plotting, secret understanding, collaboration, scheming

"there had been collusion between the security forces and paramilitary groups"

LAW

illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially between ostensible opponents in a lawsuit.

-----------------------------------------------------

I don't think there is any collusion. I think all 32 teams have independently decided his talent is not worth his baggage. He just continues to make it worse with his actions (and the girlfriend doesn't help!). We had a friend who sued the bank she worked for. That did not end well for her.

I think he has decent enough talent to be a backup in this league but he is proving he is a headcase. Name one backup that drives the headlines and is a loose cannon like him. Even when Vick came back he quietly did his job.

That is exactly it. Some people don't understand that. Is he good enough to be in the NFL? Yes I would say he can be a backup on almost all teams.

But why would an owner want a 30 year old backup who will create a media circus everywhere his team goes?

An owner would much rather have a younger, cheaper, potentially better, and non head case as the backup opposed to Kaepernick.

Really isn't that hard to figure out why he is isn't in the league.

Edited by billsfan11

His fame-whoring girlfriend. All of this started when he started dating her. The Ravens were ready to sign him and then the girlfriend tweeted out some racist stuff about the ownership and Ray Lewis and killed the deal. At this point I'm convinced they would rather he not be playing so it can fit their agenda and make him a martyr for the cause

We have a winner.

Trying to be a martyr, and get his name out there. If not for kneeling, he would fade away into obscurity, and there wouldn't be hollywood elites, rappers, media, and leftys using him as their poster boy. I'm sure he loves that.

If he actually wanted to play, he would not have walked away from his contract, or allowed his g/f to spear the Ravens deal. If he really really wanted to play, he would probably give up the schtick.

We have a winner.

Trying to be a martyr, and get his name out there. If not for kneeling, he would fade away into obscurity, and there wouldn't be hollywood elites, rappers, media, and leftys using him as their poster boy. I'm sure he loves that.

If he actually wanted to play, he would not have walked away from his contract, or allowed his g/f to spear the Ravens deal. If he really really wanted to play, he would probably give up the schtick.

i've posted the link on this thread that the 49er's told Kaep that he would be released if he didn't opt out, so it's a non issue. People need to stop making false statements if they want to be taken seriously.

We have a winner.

If he lacked integrity, this is exactly what he would do.

People misuse "martyr," even more than they misuse "hero." Look it up.

Did you criticize Pat Tillman for walking away form his contract? Did you question why he did it? I doubt it.

I'm not comparing Kaep's sacrifice to Tillman's by any means.

Kaep silently protested something he felt strongly about. He knew the risks and he made a sacrifice. And guess what ... since he did it, this board and the entire nation has been talking about social injustice. That's a win.

I hope he wins this round, too.

Did you criticize Pat Tillman for walking away form his contract? Did you question why he did it? I doubt it.

Kaep silently protested something he felt strongly about. He knew the risks and he made a sacrifice. And guess what ... since he did it, this board and the entire nation has been talking about social injustice. That's a win.

The only thing he's won, in my estimation, is notoriety. Sure, people are discussing the issue, but he's cast his side of the debate in a light that turns off a significant portion of the population that might otherwise be receptive, or at least open, to that message.

I honestly thought it was a little stupid. And a lot of bravery.

Or vice versa

He could get killed enlisting. Anyone can. And he did. I still think the whole issue of his death was just odd, as well.

What social injustice?

Does Kaep REALLY want to play? Or is he hoping for a one-time mega payout to go away? Just remember it is ALWAYS about the money

Last I saw the NFL was a private business and you work at their convenience. They are not obligated to hire you just because you want in

Kaep is an attention whore, this may not be about the money at all.

I don't think the NFL pays for this lawsuit to go away, they dont want to set a precedence of players that dont get one a team to shake them down for $.,

Its a win?

Has this done anything to cure any social justice, has it brought anyone together, nope in fact if anything it has made things worse. You really think someone is going to get rid of their bigotry because that idiot knelt during the natl anthem. "Gee look at that, this guy is kneeling, well i sure was wrong, i am going to stop my racist thinking today."

All this has done is further divide this country, there is nothing good that came out of this.

Colin Kaepernick Files Grievance Against NFL Owners for Collusion

to wit:

NFL team owners: “colluded to deprive Mr Kaepernick of employment rights in retaliation for Mr Kaepernick’s leadership and advocacy for equality and social justice.”

i don't think the guy can play to be honest.

are there other players who have less ability than him currently in the league, sure.

This is stupid on so many levels. Take into account that he first off OPTED OUT of his contract in SF. The rest of this is what it is.

Edited by H2o

They may not have gotten together for a dark and sinister meeting at midnight, during a thunderstorm, and all agreed to not hire him, but conspiracies are not required where similar interests converge.

The owners have collectively decided they don't like this guy and don't need the BS associated with hiring him, so he is effectively black balled.

Should that be illegal? That is a more difficult question. Probably not actually.

So first you say the owners didn't get together to agree to not hire him, then in the next paragraph you say they collectively decided this? Which is it?

I think they all came to the right decision independently, which isn't collusion.

I heard Pat Kirwan quote Herm Edwards on the NFL network that I think is relevant here. Herm was saying that the players need to start doing concrete efforts in the field now and stop kneeling. They have raised awareness about the issue, now work with the police to help eliminate/reduce shootings.

Actually, that wasn't my point, but I'm not exactly shocked that you didn't get that either.

The point is that the case you made to support your argument is a weak one. I demonstrated that by showing a parallel situation with a conclusion that is the opposite of what your theory would suggest.

And do you think for 2 seconds that Nick Foles would be in the league if he were mired in controversy?

Your original point--that Foles put up big numbers in Chip Kelly's system, therefore we can't trust any numbers put up by a QB in Chip Kelly's system--is so devoid of logic on its face that it's barely worth responding to. I'm not arguing that Kaepernick is an elite QB; only that he is better than almost all the backups in the league and a fair number of the starters, especially when you look at the list of starting QBs going into week 7. As evidence to support that argument, I pointed to statistics from his most recent season in the NFL, playing for a team that was almost totally devoid of offensive talent. Furthermore, Kaepernick has been in the league for quite a few years and has played at a fairly high level in the past, so it's not like his 2016 season was a total outlier.

As to your last sentence, I think you are acknowledging that the reason Kaepernick is not in the league is because of his outspoken stance regarding perceived racial injustice. Which is precisely the basis for his grievance.

Edited by mannc

Many legal professionals would argue we have an obligation to litigiousness. It's an important part of how the adversarial judicial system makes law.

He has private counsel. He'll be responsible for opposing court fees if he loses. I don't see what the big deal is.