Kaepernick Files Grievance Against NFL Owners

Foxx

it was individual business decisions made by private citizens owning said business. not rocket science.

•  

You have absolutely no idea whether or not this is true. Edited by mannc

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than Hillary Clinton, I'm having a hard time thinking of another person who is less deserving of sympathy than this self-serving jerk-off.

btw, I'll be filing suit tomorrow against Facebook, Apple and Google for keeping me out of their finance departments.

Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, OJ Simpson, Cartman

This being slightly off topic, there's an obvious question as to legitimizing the methods with which certain lawsuits are established, no doubt. Their existence, however, remains a net benefit. In my personal opinion.

As much as I hate lawyers and I deal with them far too often that would be an interesting debate.

As I stated prior, there is absolutely no way CK had his first amendment rights infringed, zip zero zilch. Did anyone stop him from kneeling? Answer is a simple no. And has has been beat to death already why he isnt on a team is not relevant, the only relevance is if teams colluded. CK has first amendment rights do and and say what he wants...there is no right to get a job in the NFL..

Well, if the President of the United States orchestrated a campaign to prevent owners from hiring him because of his expression of his political views, then yes, he has had his First Amendment rights infringed. That's one of the allegations in the grievance.

Well, if the President of the United States orchestrated a campaign to prevent owners from hiring him because of his expression of his political views, then yes, he has had his First Amendment rights infringed. That's one of the allegations in the grievance.

It's obviously a load of bunk. Look at the reaction the league had to Trumps tweets. They are on opposite sides of this and always have been. A few Twitter posts is not preventing anyone from hiring CK.

1) As I already stated, read some lawsuits and the wild things alleged

2) As stated above there is no such thing as a right to have a job in the NFL

Believe what you want but this lawsuit, besides the media blowing it wildly out of proportion has zero merit unless the NFL really did collude. Gonna be really tough to prove since the Ravens wanted to sign him until Cap "sweetheart" compared the owner to a slave owner,

Now please dont come back and tell me the Ravens violated Cap's girlfriends first amendment rights because they didnt sign him. Actually that lawsuit would have as much merit as does Cap, as in zero.

Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, OJ Simpson, Cartman

Interestingly, during the game last night, Al Michaels made a comment that the Giants were coming off a worse week than Weinstein.

By the third quarter, NBC had him apologizing.

Edited by LABillzFan

Interestingly, during the game last night, Al Michaels made a comment that the Giants were coming off a worse week than Weinstein.

One of the reasons Trump got elected is people are feed up with the PC police. I understand why he apologized but that was a totally innocent joke. So with that joke were any of his victims "traumatized" by what he said, did his joke trivialize Weinsteins actions? Ridiculous.

Welcome to 2017. Comics have warned us that political correctness will ruin comedy.

1) As I already stated, read some lawsuits and the wild things alleged

2) As stated above there is no such thing as a right to have a job in the NFL

Believe what you want but this lawsuit, besides the media blowing it wildly out of proportion has zero merit unless the NFL really did collude. Gonna be really tough to prove since the Ravens wanted to sign him until Cap "sweetheart" compared the owner to a slave owner,

Now please dont come back and tell me the Ravens violated Cap's girlfriends first amendment rights because they didnt sign him. Actually that lawsuit would have as much merit as does Cap, as in zero.

Roy, you truly have no idea whether the owners colluded, so you don't have a clue whether Kaep's grievance has merit. I'll admit, I don't either, but the idea that the owners did collude is not as improbable as many seem to think. They do have a history of it..,

One of the reasons Trump got elected is people are feed up with the PC police. I understand why he apologized but that was a totally innocent joke. So with that joke were any of his victims "traumatized" by what he said, did his joke trivialize Weinsteins actions? Ridiculous.

So true. I laughed when he made the joke. I guess I'm terrible in the libtard universe.

Wrong. This topic is covered above. Kaepernick is alleging that the owners have colluded against him "in retaliation for [his] leadership and advocacy for equality and social justice ...". He also alleges that the owners "have retaliated against [him] in response to coercion and calculated coordination from the Executive Branch of the United States government." I suspect he may try to show that this alleged state action directly brings the First Amendment into play. Interesting...

Your error is where you place the emphasis - it should be on whether or not there was collusion, not why.

It would be as if you were accused of embezzling money to finance your strip club tab. The emphasis is on whether you embezzled money, not your proposed motive.

Similarly, it doesn't matter if the reason he's out of work is due to his "stance" if there was no collusion, and if there was collusion it still doesn't matter if it was related to his "stance".

And the 1st amendment issue is !@#$ing stupid.

Edited by Rob's House

Roy, you truly have no idea whether the owners colluded, so you don't have a clue whether Kaep's grievance has merit. I'll admit, I don't either, but the idea that the owners did collude is not as improbable as many seem to think. They do have a history of it

I never wrote that i did, here is my quote, " has zero merit unless the NFL really did collude.", note the term unless. But common sense suggests to me they most likely didnt collude.

If Green Bay calls and says "make your suit go away and we'll bring you in" can that happen?

yes, it could. But they never would. And this is not about filing against the NFL it is about his image

As Tom said. He wins either way, either it proves he is a victim or be becomes another victim of the justice system

I never wrote that i did, here is my quote, " has zero merit unless the NFL really did collude.", note the term unless. But common sense suggests to me they most likely didnt collude.

In your last sentence, which you omit here, you say there is "zero" merit to Kaep's grievance.