McD: Dareus in competition with Thornton for starting role

YoloinOhio

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's defensive minded...CB is his natural role. He has shifty hips.

Interesting read. Seems feasible and in McBeane's wheelhouse. But it's hard to swallow that this could be an elite player and he's FN up a great career. You would think playing along side KW would keep him on the straight path.

All this Dareus Hate. Yes, he does not play up to his incredible talent and potential. Yes, he may be playing hurt. He still is capable of being an asset and a beast on the field. The offenses still are game planning around him. Yes, his contract was a huge mistake by the Bills. But this nonsense about taking a huge cap hit is idiotic.When his contract will allow a trade without a massive cap hit, go ahead and give him another chance to "prove it" with another team. not at a loss though.

And this elevation of McD as some saintly genius. This worship of some nebulous "process" as a miracle cure.

I see McD as a egotistical crusader who has been able to correct the damage done to the defense by another egotistical personality named REX. The Bills D was great before Rex, it has just returned to where it was pre-Rex.

Yes, somebody did great on bringing in Poyer , Hyde. They hit the jackpot on Tre in the draft. They brought in Hauschka in FA. It amazes me that everyone gives McD 100% of the credit for them, but puts down Whaley for other selections. If it turned out good, it was McD, if it turned out bad it was Whaley. Everything that happens that turns out good is because of the "process", while everything that happens bad is Whaley's fault.

The Offense under McD is much worse than when McD was brought in.

McD has not proven anything other than he does not suck as bad as Rex did on the Defensive side of the ball.

Umm, really? A few more posts like this one and your moniker will be most accurate.

Frankly McD doesn't gave a great poker face. You can tell how he feels about a player watching or even listening to him talk about them, regardless of the words.

He doesn't need a poker face. He's not the one negotiating a trade. He simply needs to get the most out of the roster. Since they can't move Dareus, the best they can do is try to motivate him. If Dareus turns it around, credit McCoach. If he doesn't, we'll do what the best teams do...we'll get rid of the Dareus at a time which is in the best interest of the team.

He's a rich, fat, pot smoking stoner who doesn't care about football anymore. Might be the worst contract in the league. What team would even consider trading for him?

Once he got the contract, he checked out. Pretty much worthless now.

We all know this was a horrible deal by Whaley, but I'll go as far as to say it's quite possible the worst deal this franchise ever made. I mean can anybody think of a worse one given the circumstances?

And McD is doing everything he can to publicly call out this waste of space but it's not working.

Lamonica

Fake news from Rodak as usual. He loves injecting drama and removing context.

It was McDermott saying every position is a competition to keep everyone motivated. Move along.

Rodak tweets shouldn't spark more than a fart in his general direction, nevermind an 8-page thread.

To be fair, they got the performance the draft pick warrented. Guy was a perennial probowler and elite tackle throughout his rookie deal. Now it's just a lot like they got a free agent on a monster deal that's not panning out

You are right. It's just our luck though that all of those guys are potential hall of famers and the 1 guy that's not is the one we picked. He has talent worthy of a #3 any other year but in one of the best drafts ever we get the worst of the bunch

Edited by kdiggz

No one will take that contract for a player perceived as lazy and doesn't want to play

this reminds me of i forgot his name ( maybe someone could help me ) was a beast when played for Titans , went to Washington as a FA , after signing a Huge contract he became fat and lazy , cant even remember what happened to him after that

Fake news from Rodak as usual. He loves injecting drama and removing context.

It was McDermott saying every position is a competition to keep everyone motivated. Move along.

You think he says anything about a competition if the question is about Kyle Williams? It clearly meant something. It wasn't just a throwaway line.

this reminds me of i forgot his name ( maybe someone could help me ) was a beast when played for Titans , went to Washington as a FA , after signing a Huge contract he became fat and lazy , cant even remember what happened to him after that

...that would be Fat Albert Haynesworth......he is now selling lard for Crisco..his.....fry away.....................