McD: Dareus in competition with Thornton for starting role

YoloinOhio

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong again. You're on a heroic run.

I like McBeane a ton. I like about 15 significant things they did and dislike 2. That's a great percentage. Only an idiot likes everything a GM/Coach does.

Well must have missed the fifteen things amongst the copious Sammy bitching.

@mikerodak

Bills coach Sean McDermott notes "competition" when asked if Cedric Thornton or Marcell Dareus will start at defensive tackle this Sunday in Cincinnati. Dareus' playing time could increase after an ankle injury limited him last week, but it seems the coaching staff wants to give Thornton a shot at taking that top role alongside Kyle Williams.

@kmart_BN

Talking about Marcell Dareus + the #Bills' DL pieces, Sean McDermott dropped a telling line: It's all about "who can get the job done.

Listening to McDermott talk about Marcell Dareus is... interesting.

His contract is the only reason he is here, can't wait till all the guys who aren't buying in are gone.

His contract is the only reason he is here, can't wait till all the guys who aren't buying in are gone.

I think he bounces back, he made a couple plays , was doubled ,which frees up other guys. He's definitely not playing up to potential obviously,the hope is being surrounded by a defense fully brought in ups his play. I think he gets much more snaps after coming back from injury and this is the OL to do it against.

Him and Worthy back at DL ,Shaq back at DE certainly doesn't hurt this rotation in any way.

If we can get Dareus back to dominant play, this D will be that more lethal

I think he bounces back, he made a couple plays , was doubled ,which frees up other guys. He's definitely not playing up to potential obviously,the hope is being surrounded by a defense fully brought in ups his play. I think he gets much more snaps after coming back from injury and this is the OL to do it against.

Him and Worthy back at DL ,Shaq back at DE certainly doesn't hurt this rotation in any way.

If we can get Dareus back to dominant play, this D will be that more lethal

Would be nice, but dareus has never been a hard worker high character guy.

Why can't we trade Dareus? If we're building a team, let's build a !@#$ing team.

Cap hit from amortized bonus . Not totally clear to me but at least $15.2M this year, Overthecap seems to say $20.6

In general, if one wants to trade a player, it's not a wise move to devalue him by publically questioning his effort and downgrading him from starter to "competing to start".

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

He didn't get his own coach. He drafted guys the coach wanted instead of drafting his own. He didn't manage the cap. He didn't have his own vision of team building instead just went with whatever the coach wanted. What was he here to do again?

McDermott holding a meeting with Whaley sometime last February...

OffEJTR.gif

limeaid

Maybe you got deserved grief because Whiley did not negotiate contract, Jim Overdorf did?

I got grief for speaking out against giving an obviously immature Dareus a huge contract with no provisions regarding his behavior, not for blaming or attacking Whaley. Whaley proved he was in over his head and out of his element many times regardless of who negotiated that contract.

Edited by Turk71

Was really focusing in on 99 today when he was in. He actually played pretty damn good today. Him and Kyle were consistently pushing the entire Cincy Oline backwards.

Was nice to see.

its a brutal OL but good to know regardless Edited by YoloinOhio