McD: Dareus in competition with Thornton for starting role

YoloinOhio

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider everything we know about Rex Ryan now.

Now consider Russ' comment: "Don't let him out of the building" meaning keep Rex physically at OBD until we get his signature on an employment K.

Now consider this guy still holds a high role within the organization, and in fact, used to be its GM.

Holy ****. I need a scotch.

I have faith that Russ is doing what he should be doing now - keeping as far away from personnel and coaching decisions as possible.

Can you imagine Russ giving his input while Beane and McDermott are having a meeting? The schmuck would be laughed out of the room.

We all know this was a horrible deal by Whaley, but I'll go as far as to say it's quite possible the worst deal this franchise ever made. I mean can anybody think of a worse one given the circumstances?

And McD is doing everything he can to publicly call out this waste of space but it's not working.

We all know this was a horrible deal by Whaley, but I'll go as far as to say it's quite possible the worst deal this franchise ever made. I mean can anybody think of a worse one given the circumstances?

And McD is doing everything he can to publicly call out this waste of space but it's not working.

I believe it was Pete Rose who said there are only 3 ways you can treat a player.

You can hug him, yell at him, and leave him alone.

I suspect McD has tried the other 2 and is now moving onto the "YELL AT HIM" or "light a fire under his ass" approach.

If this fails too, there may be nothing left!

Frankly McD doesn't gave a great poker face. You can tell how he feels about a player watching or even listening to him talk about them, regardless of the words.

I agree. In fact if you go back and watch his interactions with Whaley when he first came in... very telling it wasn't a match made to be...

If so, it would make the most sense for it to be either a release designated as post-6/1 (which saves ~$2.5M on the cap in 2018) or a post-6/1 trade (which saves ~$10M on the 2018 cap).

Im sure the Bills will do whatever makes the most cap sense - get rid of Dareus in whatever way minimizes the long term damage he's done, but as soon as possible within that constraint, because it's not worth the risk of his attitude becoming a contagion

I like this move, it motivates Dareus without putting him on the spot completely (He has an excuse with the injury.) I think McD plays whoever is playing the best. Let Dareus know that he needs to produce in order to get the snaps. It also lets Thornton know that if he produces he gets the snaps. I expect Dareus to be a backup snaps count wise in Cincy but if he can't get it in gear after a bye week and back to back weeks of limited snaps then I think Dareus isn't longed for this team.