Bills were reportedly shopping Adolphus Washington

YoloinOhio

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

must not be "buying in" to "the process"

If not, bury him.

Beano and McDerma are some of the most closed minded people I have ever seen. Never have I seen a new regime come in and dump so many previous players.

Of course if they keep winning 3 out of 4, none of that will matter, and we will just need to accept an occasional cut of a talented player.

Want to collect talent or win games?

Listen to interviews with players and coaches on WGR sometime

Right - because they always tell you like it is in that forum.

people do realise that Whaley was here for a while, and during that time probably atleast 80% of the roster was turned over to "his guys" that were obtained during his tenure.

A new coach and GM come in and are going to make roster moves, which are going to involve cutting guys that the previous guy brought in (Whaleys guys), so its nothing new that they would be "getting rid of Whaleys guys and bringing their own guys in".

Also, Not every player fits every scheme, and their many players, especially defensive players that specialize in one scheme and struggle with another. Its also widely known that it takes different players to play a 3-4 or a 4-3. When you make a change like that, alot of players may need to be moved when the previous regime brought in guys who were specific to the one scheme. The current guys aren't dumping the guys already here that Whaley had brought in to replace them with guys who are clones of the guys being let go

Washington may be one of those players that isn't a fit for the defence they are trying to run, and therefore they were looking to move him and get something for him instead of trying to force a round peg into a square hole

I'm good with 3-1 and virtually two drafts next year! :)

If you think were picking six players in the first three rounds your wrong. We'll either trade #1s for a QB, or trade some twos and threes for future picks.

I just don't see how you can use six picks in the first three rounds in one draft. Hit and miss could be big.

Edited by Watkins90

Switching tunes?

What happened to WE NEED TO START PETERMAN! WE ARE KILLING HIS DEVELOPMENT BY SITTING HIM!

He said he was not willing to play DT so he is sitting.

It would not be surprising that players not signed by current team were cut / traded. Some of the coaches cut had guaranteed contracts.

If you think were picking six players in the first three rounds your wrong. We'll either trade #1s for a QB, or trade some twos and threes for future picks.

I just don't see how you can use six picks in the first three rounds in one draft. Hit and miss could be big.

Wow, someone needs to relax. I like all the picks and the options it gives us. I COULD see 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, but it doesn't have to happen. And I think we have 8 picks in the first 4, but whatever. I LIKE IT! Do we move up for a QB? Maybe. Trade back? Maybe. More picks next year? Maybe. But it's a good place to be...

I don't think he's a bad player. He has a decent upside. I didn't like the pick though at the time. Just felt too many better options were there in the 3rd.

This I will agree with. It was known that the Bills liked Prescott. Whaley tried to have everything. Had to have Ragland and give up a 4th. Had to have Washington and risked not getting Dak to do so. Ended up settling for Cardale Jones.

He said he was not willing to play DT so he is sitting.It would not be surprising that players not signed by current team were cut / traded. Some of the coaches cut had guaranteed contracts.

Who said he wouldn't play DT?

I'm just ribbing peterman because he said beane should be getting us ready for the playoffs...

2 weeks ago he was all about Peterman starting

It wouldn't surprise me to see if they were feeling out the market for him. Young player coming off a quiet rookie year from a previous regime is someone you might want to dump while you can still get something for him. But I think that given the age of the front seven in general and the fact that Washington has been pretty decent and I would rather try to see what he can become over having a 5th round pick. The team needs to hold onto their young front 7 players.

yeah what the hell just cut everybody from last year and be done with it. Then it is over.

Clean break. Nuclear option. Be done with it. Hell the idiot who just quit his job because of the anthem protests he should have been fired also, months ago. Sweep 'em out. Drain the Indian burial grounds. New Era.

PS: who quits a job because some co-workers, working far far away from your department, have an opinion different from yours.???

Edited by cba fan