Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started with Space Invaders and Asteroids. I grew to like Gravitar

hqdefault.jpg

Galaga/Galaxian

Galaga.png

and Battlezone

Whoever was playing this when this screenshot was taken was doing it wrong. With two extra ships, he should be trying to get captured. Rookies. :rolleyes:

Crazy_Climber_Antagonist.png

this game drove me nuts. his hand is right on the windowsill so why won't he grab it??

i'll throw these into the conversation:

spy hunter

pole position, the one where you sat in it

discs of tron

pengo

enduro racer

outrun

double dragon

ikari warriors

elevator action

I could go on and on.. probably could have put myself through college if I saved all the quarters I dumped into the machines at JNC on transit

Anybody remember the arcade @ Como Mall? My Sister & Brother were 5/4 years older than me, so they drove. They would tell my mother that we were going to church. They'd make my azz run in and get a bulletin. The ushers finally wised up and started to hold them to the end of Mass once they figured out what was happening! We'd cut Mass and head to the arcade! LoL Had a Mass bulletin to show our mother as proof! ;-)

breakout_650x300_a01_110224.jpg

Then later:

cabinet01.jpg

I would always play KC on the Ohio Turnpike @ the rest stop when coming back from sounding Toledo Harbor/Maumee Bay, Toussaint River, Western Basin of Lake Erie. One rest stop would have it... I think "Commodore Perry" rest stop. Very addicting. When my son was little, I got the ported version for the home TV. It had a bunch of Sega Genesis games pre installed... Still hooked up... Gotta go play it! It all came back with help of the internet cheat sheets! ;-)

I was 11 when pong came out and 18 when space invaders and asteroids came out so not a lot of arcade gaming as a kid.

I did dig getting stoned and going to the local bar and playing space invaders and asteroids. pretty challenging games at the time, especially high...GettingStoned.gif.pagespeed.ce.ZdnJppolb

AsteroidsPewPew.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

2 of the 3 I listed and yes. Like the emoji hi

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Growing up? I remember when Pong came out. Whooppee!

Space Invaders (my all-time favorite) was part of our big Friday night out at Ruby Tuesdays when I first got married. A couple beers for me, a strawberry daiquiri for her, and we'd split an appetizer. We were poor, and we knew it. But we didn't have any less fun.