• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pinball was cool too. two bits.

1855873490f8283babb54b7d1969b371.jpg

I worked a bowling alley arcade and snack bar from 15 to 17 for $5 an hour. Benefits

Outweighed the pay. Had the key to put credits on all the games. Free food at the snack bar. Manager let me hide the regulars beers in the ice chest and drink on the clock. Got to listen to rick and roll from 11-1...and occasionally had to drive the manager home. ....best job a 16 year old could have. Plus i gave the township cops free soda and pretzels, so I was in good standing.

I worked a bowling alley arcade and snack bar from 15 to 17 for $5 an hour. Benefits

Outweighed the pay. Had the key to put credits on all the games. Free food at the snack bar. Manager let me hide the regulars beers in the ice chest and drink on the clock. Got to listen to rick and roll from 11-1...and occasionally had to drive the manager home. ....best job a 16 year old could have. Plus i gave the township cops free soda and pretzels, so I was in good standing.

that is very cool.

Good times! Those kind of experiences will never be had again.

$10 would go a long way on a Saturday afternoon at the arcade in 1982.

USA-USSR Hockey

Pole Position

Tron

Donkey Kong

Joust

Frogger

Dig Dug

Astroids

Ms. Pac Man

Dragon's Lair was the coolest to watch someone else play -- I never got the hang of that one.

And many years later....Golden Tee!

Edited by KD in CA