Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Jerry: Jimbo and the old Bills are around to give the team an identity connection with the glory years. It lets the team talk about tradition and heritage and gives them something to sell to the fans.

Without that that all they have is your time here, during which the team has blown.

My guess is that they figure "Come See The Bills, Blowing for 17 years!" won't do as well in the marketing efforts.

And testing showed that "Bellichick's Best Bitches" didn't capture that imagination either. So that would be why. Now ya know.

As for Jimbo doing what he did. He has always been that way. That's part of what makes him Jimbo. You are free to go !@#$ yourself if you don't like it.

Thanks Go Bills.

The real issue to me is the inability of so many to accept or respect any point of view that us contrary to their own.

Look at some of these comments on both sides, so filled with hate and rage.

Where does all this end? When the other side is the enemy we are all in big trouble and we ALL lose.

It doesn't end, ever. You are wrong and I am right. That is most peoples mentality. How often have you not been let in to a lane or not let someone into a lane while driving based on the principle of "I WAS HERE FIRST". That's what we have become. I'm better so my opinion matters more and I'm not gonna let you get in front of me while driving because it will hurt my ego if I let someone get ahead of me.

Edited by The Wiz

Now we're supposed to choose between a beloved HOF player and the current team.

Why do we all have to pick sides and disparage the other? So now Jim Kelly is a dumb loser or Hughes and Thurman and Shady need to shut up and suck anyway...

I mean really... WTF

Edited by TheFunPolice

Now we're supposed to choose between a beloved HOF player and the current team.

Why do we all have to pick sides and disparage the other? So now Jim Kelly is a dumb loser or Hughes and Thurman and Shady need to shut up and suck anyway...

I mean really... WTF

It went political so someone is wrong, obviously.

get what? Tell me your great stance. It is part of the NFL rules that players stand for the National Anthem. It's NFL policy and a bunch of little bitches decided they'd break the rules to protest. Trump was right! Fire them. If my job told me to come in wearing a suit and tie and I walked into the office in my boxer shorts protesting some stupid thing Trump said, they would send me home, dock my pay and fine me. What gives these athletes the right to violate the corporate policy that has been in action for 40+ years.

LOL! Keep smoking whatever you are smoking, man...must be good stuff.

Because football matters to people and they like to think they would like the players as people. Probably not reality but it's how they feel. Most aren't just cheering for laundry just yet. It's why the 2nd RB or a third WR gets a 100 page thread. Sports was always the one thing that pulled everyone together. Everyone stood before the game for the anthem. Everyone was cheering for the Bills regardless of your race, background or political views. It was the place where you gathered with a common goal and never cared to know enough about the people around you or on the field to know if you'd think they were A-holes in real life. It was best left unsaid. Now it's all out there and it's tough to pull for guys that you despise, no matter what jersey they have on.

I think that's fair. At the same time it doesn't mean that the guys were different. We just didn't know. If we didn't know Hernandez killed people, he still killed people. We aren't even talking about killing or domestic violence. We are talking about inequality. The ad part is that the message overshadowed.

It went political so someone is wrong, obviously.

It's just sad. I will protest by loving the legends and current team and not attacking either one.

The fat psycho dictator in North Korea who has executed several members of his own family and has nukes is a real enemy.

The man killed his uncle's entire family.

Edited by TheFunPolice

It's just sad. I will protest by loving the legends and current team and not attacking either one.

The fat psycho dictator in North Korea who has executed several members of his own family and has nukes is a real enemy.

Well if he ever uses those nukes, we will all be "one" again.

Temporarily at least.

Take your pick:

#prayersfortroops

#getSome

Edited by The Wiz

He's not fat, he's normal weight.....for a person of normal height.

Hey, I understand Jim is a HOFer and obviously highly respected in Buffalo but I can agree with how Hughes commented.

Hughes is a BALLER. He's being held on almost every single play. If refs paid attention to Hughes and his matchup, there would be a holding call on each drive for the opposing offense. Jim is not out there fighting to get a W for us. Hughes is. To criticize and say you lost respect for McCoy (Hughes' teammate/brother), should and would make Hughes take it as a personal attack.

Could Hughes have worded it better? Maybe. But I appreciate Hughes feeling a certain way of someone attacking his teammate. McCoy may have lost Jimbos respect, but Hughes has gained mine.

Hey, I understand Jim is a HOFer and obviously highly respected in Buffalo but I can agree with how Hughes commented.

Hughes is a BALLER. He's being held on almost every single play. If refs paid attention to Hughes and his matchup, there would be a holding call on each drive for the opposing offense. Jim is not out there fighting to get a W for us. Hughes is. To criticize and say you lost respect for McCoy (Hughes' teammate/brother), should and would make Hughes take it as a personal attack.

Could Hughes have worded it better? Maybe. But I appreciate Hughes feeling a certain way of someone attacking his teammate. McCoy may have lost Jimbos respect, but Hughes has gained mine.

How dare you interject logic and reason into this political debate that has nothing to do with the topic being discussed......

oh wait.....

Dude??? Seriously??? Why would you even bring it up??? OMG!!!! Now I don't know how I feel about...... life.

:sarcasm:

Also, TY for you're service but would you lock arms, kneel or hand on heart? :devil:

Which ever one is least likely to result in spilling my overpriced beer. I think sitting, with both hands on the cup is the best choice.

I think that's fair. At the same time it doesn't mean that the guys were different. We just didn't know. If we didn't know Hernandez killed people, he still killed people. We aren't even talking about killing or domestic violence. We are talking about inequality. The ad part is that the message overshadowed.

That's true, and with most cases it's best that we don't know. Football is a fantasy world. It's not sad that the message is overshadowed but it's somewhat predictable . It goes back to that old saying about politics and religion. The anthem moment was chosen for a reason but that is also not going to sit well with some people regardless of the message. The NFL screwed up by allowing political protests in the workplace. They certainly didn't have to. The political climate has a lot to do with the reaction as well. They'd really be best served as a business by staying out of it and ending this in one of a couple ways. They have enough of an image problem for other reasons right now.

Edited by Boatdrinks

That's true, and with most cases it's best that we don't know. Football is a fantasy world. It's not sad that the message is overshadowed but it's somewhat predictable . It goes back to that old saying about politics and religion. The anthem moment was chosen for a reason but that is also not going to sit well with some people regardless of the message. The NFL screwed up by allowing political protests in the workplace. They certainly didn't have to. The political climate has a lot to do with the reaction as well. They'd really be best served as a business by staying out of it and ending this in one of a couple ways. They have enough of an image problem for other reasons right now.

Super great post I've been saying this on most of my posts. it makes no sense from a business sense to piss of millions of customers