Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was saying the same thing to a family member earlier.

NFL players taking a knee was starting to die out around the NFL. Then Trump had to make his purposefully inflammatory comments and reignite the whole thing 10 fold.

What was Trump honestly trying to accomplish? He had to know that it would cause exactly what happened. Was that his goal?

Probably. I'm sure it was intended to get a reaction. The thing was fizzling out. He knew the collective reaction from the union members and owners would come out .

Money is power in this country. You've got a whole bunch of millionaires now getting into improving communities even more than before. Now the next group will and so on. It absolutely makes the country better and in no way makes it worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but I don't see how that (getting people into new communities) is related to the kneeling issue. It's a protest about cops treating minorities (that Trump sadly revived), but I don't see how that changes life on the streets. Raises visibility, certainly, so I guess that's a first step.

I'll bow out of this now (or at least try).

This is what the Liberal main stream media has done, it's pissed off the Steelers fans and millions of Veterans. This why protesting at work in front of your customers is not a good idea.

We have morals in this country. We stand for this country. My great uncles bones are lying in the bottom of Pearl Harbor for this country, for the flag, for your freedom to play in the NFL and to say whatever you want to say. But you do not disrespect the flag and the country and the Constitution. So watch this stuff burn, Williams said.

Williams video gained more than 50,000 views since Sunday.

Steelers fans have also taken to Twitter to post videos of themselves burning Steelers gear.

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

No one should have a problem with him being there because he has earned it, but maybe he should keep his opinions to

himself, especially when it comes to politics. You can debate politics until the cows come home. If this thread turns into

his football career, it would be a lot more enjoyable.

Probably. I'm sure it was intended to get a reaction. The thing was fizzling out. He knew the collective reaction from the union members and owners would come out .

Red meat to the base. Divert and distract from failed R & R, Alabama election, tax reform etc.

Sucks for all of us football fans.

This is what the Liberal main stream media has done, it's pissed of the Steelers fans and millions of Veterans. This why protesting at work in front of your customers is not a good idea.

We have morals in this country. We stand for this country. My great uncle’s bones are lying in the bottom of Pearl Harbor for this country, for the flag, for your freedom to play in the NFL and to say whatever you want to say. But you do not disrespect the flag and the country and the Constitution. So watch this stuff burn,” Williams said.

Williams’ video gained more than 50,000 views since Sunday.

Steelers’ fans have also taken to Twitter to post videos of themselves burning Steelers gear.

They are not doing that at all no matter how many times it's repeated.

How do you disrespect the Constitution by silently and peacefully protesting?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

A) The radio guys READ the statute, or whatever it is. The official wording.

B) If I'm told I "should" show up for work at 8:00am, but continue to show up late, that is a punishable offense.

A) I didn't hear it nor know the official wording other than what thurminator posted so really can't argue with what you said.

B) Yes if you are told that you "should" show up for work on time and be late they will notice. The players (other than Dareus) show up for work on time ever day of the week according to team rules and exploit a league rule (not enforced by teams unless they want to) to decide that whether they "should" stand for the anthem or not.

Your points are valid for sure. Just realizing that the players are exploiting a flaw in the rule and think that they are doing it respectfully.

There may be fine people on both sides , but some are also ill informed. It's not good to allow falsehoods to masquerade as fact. Particularly when there is zero chance to counterprotest or hear an alternative view from the media sucka$$es. It's dangerous stuff really because there are a lot of lazy minds out there that will soak it up.

Donnie called NFL players "SOBs" and white supremacists "some fine people." That's why the entire league, including his friends like Jones and Kraft, joined in the protest. He attacked and they stood up (or kneeled down) for themselves. They don't owe him anything. The 1st ammendment is the foundation of our country. The league decided to exercise that right in response to his comments.

How do you disrespect the Constitution by silently and peacefully protesting?

Trump disrespected military POWs. Unsurprisingly the same people boycotting the NFL didn't really care when that happened.

But of course this doesn't really have anything to do with the military or Constitution for most of them. How many of these people have donated to veterans' groups? How about instead of burning jerseys they donate them to the military charity of their choice, or sell it and donate the money? There is no logical thought process involved with this at all. It's entirely emotional.

Good for a laugh at least.

Red meat to the base. Divert and distract from failed R & R, Alabama election, tax reform etc.

With the length of his attention span, this will all be over in a few days.

Give John Kelly a laser pointer...

Sucks for all sports fans in general. It's invaded every sport, from football to baseball to basketball. Even my beloved Hockey is weighing in on it.

They/he took my safe space damn it! lol

Donnie called NFL players "SOBs" and white supremacists "some fine people." That's why the entire league, including his friends like Jones and Kraft, joined in the protest. He attacked and they stood up (or kneeled down) for themselves. They don't owe him anything. The 1st ammendment is the foundation of our country. The league decided to exercise that right in response to his comments.

He's exactly what galvanized the entire NFL this weekend.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317

Hes not a war hero, said Trump. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who werent captured.

This is the man most of the boycotters follow. There's no logic to it.

Trump disrespected military POWs. Unsurprisingly the same people boycotting the NFL didn't really care when that happened.

But of course this doesn't really have anything to do with the military or Constitution for most of them. How many of these people have donated to veterans' groups? How about instead of burning jerseys they donate them to the military charity of their choice, or sell it and donate the money? There is no logical thought process involved with this at all. It's entirely emotional.

Good for a laugh at least.

As a bleepin draft dodger no less.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This is what the Liberal main stream media has done, it's pissed off the Steelers fans and millions of Veterans. This why protesting at work in front of your customers is not a good idea.

We have morals in this country. We stand for this country. My great uncles bones are lying in the bottom of Pearl Harbor for this country, for the flag, for your freedom to play in the NFL and to say whatever you want to say. But you do not disrespect the flag and the country and the Constitution. So watch this stuff burn, Williams said.

Williams video gained more than 50,000 views since Sunday.

Steelers fans have also taken to Twitter to post videos of themselves burning Steelers gear.

I do find it so amusing that you named yourself after a guy that has been supporting the protests all day!! He's been tweeting like crazy.