Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and stop with this bull **** that it interferes with your entertainment. it is during the anthem. did you see anyone disrespecting the flag during the game? grow up!! not everything you think is real!

And it has invaded every ounce of coverage of the game as well. All good with me. I'm not contributing any revenue to the league.

I do find it so amusing that you named yourself after a guy that has been supporting the protests all day!! He's been tweeting like crazy.

I explained this earlier if I had known Thurman was going to be a idiot and act like that I would not have used that screen name. I changed my screen name like one month ago. Per Two Bills drive rules you can only make a name change one every 6 months.

I plan to change my name as soon as I'm allowed. As a Veteran I'm not supporting this crap any longer. Thurman is now dead to me.

He can kiss my Azz

And it has invaded every ounce of coverage of the game as well. All good with me. I'm not contributing any revenue to the league.

do you think you are so important that anyone cares what you spend your pathetic income on? do you care where I spend mine?

please tell us..... what have you done for a vet this year?

This is what the Liberal main stream media has done, it's pissed off the Steelers fans and millions of Veterans. This why protesting at work in front of your customers is not a good idea.

We have morals in this country. We stand for this country. My great uncles bones are lying in the bottom of Pearl Harbor for this country, for the flag, for your freedom to play in the NFL and to say whatever you want to say. But you do not disrespect the flag and the country and the Constitution. So watch this stuff burn, Williams said.

Williams video gained more than 50,000 views since Sunday.

Steelers fans have also taken to Twitter to post videos of themselves burning Steelers gear.

Must be nice to be able to burn 500-750 bucks worth of team branding that he will likely end up buying again.

They are not doing that at all no matter how many times it's repeated.

How do you disrespect the Constitution by silently and peacefully protesting?

But that's what it effectively means to those people because of what they were taught about the flag, what it symbolizes etc. It may not be 100% factual but it inspires those feelings. It's clearly why that moment was chosen by the players. Sort of a giant FU to the country and cops everywhere. It was a very strategic choice. By the letter of the law, its protected. But it's not being counter protested because of the setting and the media is fine with being complicit in the one sided message. Bottom line it's a business and the NFL should not be in the business off offending any of its customer base. Just keep the players inside or eliminate the anthem before games.

do you think you are so important that anyone cares what you spend your pathetic income on? do you care where I spend mine?

please tell us..... what have you done for a vet this year?

Money is fungible. More is better. I don't really think this has a whole lot to do with veterans, so I don't really care about that angle. I am sick of virtue-signaling pussies trying to put politics into every aspect of life. You can do whatever you want in terms of consumer decisions. The trends will determine who ends up caring.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317

This is the man most of the boycotters follow. There's no logic to it.

Yeah, it's insanity. McCain has gotten the last laugh though denying the wishes of that petulant child.

On the football side it blows my mind that people are going to stop watching because guys didn't stand for the national anthem. I like football way more than I do other people's political views or protests.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yep. They are exploiting the situation. They used to run commercials during the anthem and come back in time for kickoff.

They love it. They can't stand Trump and are lapping it up. I'm no conservative, but if the players were protesting with a conservative bent I doubt they'd be so complicit. I'm sure they would interject their commentary to the contrary when covering it.

But that's what it effectively means to those people because of what they were taught about the flag, what it symbolizes etc. It may not be 100% factual but it inspires those feelings. It's clearly why that moment was chosen by the players. Sort of a giant FU to the country and cops everywhere. It was a very strategic choice. By the letter of the law, its protected. But it's not being counter protested because of the setting and the media is fine with being complicit in the one sided message. Bottom line it's a business and the NFL should not be in the business off offending any of its customer base. Just keep the players inside or eliminate the anthem before games.

could not have said it better my self main stream liberal media and the communist NFL all in on this one but the NFL fines the Cowboys for honoring 911 victims a few years ago and the Dallas cops that were assinated by BLM. This country is a joke right now. Lame fake news media stoking the flames again.

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

A protest to raise awareness of an issue isn't an FU IMO. That just means people are assigning their own meaning to this and without actually listening.

I explained this earlier if I had known Thurman was going to be a idiot and act like that I would not have used that screen name. I changed my screen name like one month ago. Per Two Bills drive rules you can only make a name change one every 6 months.

I plan to change my name as soon as I'm allowed. As a Veteran I'm not supporting this crap any longer. Thurman is now dead to me.

He can kiss my Azz

It's still funny!! You loved him enough to name yourself after him but after having an opinion he's now dead to you. There's nothing that you can do though. You are just stuck. It's like getting drunk in Mexico and getting a tattoo of some girl you thought you loved only to break up 2 days later.

Yeah, it's insanity. McCain has gotten the last laugh though denying the wishes of that petulant child.

On the football side it blows my mind that people are going to stop watching because guys didn't stand for the national anthem. I like football way more than I do other people's political views or protests.

You say that, but what if you found yourself on the opposite side regarding Amendment IV concerning the re-zoning of light industrial property located within 3 miles of an elementary school inside the city limits? THEN you might feel differently! Drop the NFL forever, I suspect!

Because football matters to people and they like to think they would like the players as people. Probably not reality but it's how they feel. Most aren't just cheering for laundry just yet. It's why the 2nd RB or a third WR gets a 100 page thread. Sports was always the one thing that pulled everyone together. Everyone stood before the game for the anthem. Everyone was cheering for the Bills regardless of your race, background or political views. It was the place where you gathered with a common goal and never cared to know enough about the people around you or on the field to know if you'd think they were A-holes in real life. It was best left unsaid. Now it's all out there and it's tough to pull for guys that you despise, no matter what jersey they have on.

Until someone new does some winning on the field, that's the way it is.

The old saying is money talks and BS walks. In the same way, winning talks, and Hughes is mostly an over paid penalty machine. I find it refreshing someone with more authority than mine says something I agree with. It gives people of my opinion a voice in a PC world be it Jim Kelly or Donald Trump.

This is what the Liberal main stream media has done, it's pissed off the Steelers fans and millions of Veterans. This why protesting at work in front of your customers is not a good idea.

We have morals in this country. We stand for this country. My great uncles bones are lying in the bottom of Pearl Harbor for this country, for the flag, for your freedom to play in the NFL and to say whatever you want to say. But you do not disrespect the flag and the country and the Constitution. So watch this stuff burn, Williams said.

Williams video gained more than 50,000 views since Sunday.

Steelers fans have also taken to Twitter to post videos of themselves burning Steelers gear.

i

Once again I ask for a link on these complete fabrications by some here. "Pissed off millions of veterans" really? I'm one and unaware of a single vet that cares. So lets see the link! The military defends every Americans rights. To include NFL players and even idiots who are clueless. What morals do we have in this country right now in 2017?

I'll hang and listen to your faux outrage off air.