Jim Kelly disrespected by Shady stretching during Anthem

JerseyBills

@AP_NFL

Jim Kelly tempers criticism of NFL player anthem protests. @john_wawrow

http://pro32.ap.org/article/jim-kelly-tempers-criticism-nfl-player-anthem-protests

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly has tempered his criticism of NFL players protesting during the national anthem after being accused by Buffalo Bills defensive end Jerry Hughes for attempting to divide the team.

"I want to be clear that I agree with the reason some NFL players have chosen to peacefully protest, and appreciate players, coaches and organizations being unified," Kelly said in a statement sent by text to The Associated Press late Monday Night.

"I would hope that while we all, myself included, may not agree with using the national anthem as the appropriate forum for such display, we should continue to strive to work through these issues with great respect for each other," he added, before closing with "God Bless."

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Snowflake. Not all opinions are created equal.

I'm the snowflake? Because Jerry Hughes has a monopoly on the 1st amendment? They get to force their narrative down my throat using whatever platform they want, but Kelly doesn't get that same right?

Until this team does something to make me move on from the glory days, I'll continue to take the Kelly's, Thurmand's, Bruce's, etc... over these group of guys.

And for the record I'm probably the biggest Trump supporter on these boards. So don't give me that Snowflake bs.

And I've seen comments from military vet's who say something altogether different. How do you reconcile that?

Do all servicemen and women have the same views or not? I'm curious and would appreciate hearing more on this...

"Veteran" is not some monolithic term - we're not all the same. We serve for different reasons. I don't like when non-veterans try to speak for us as if we're some unified group.

I can tell you that when I went to war, I wasn't thinking about flag and country. I was thinking a lot about duty - especially my duty to my soldiers. I loved my men and there was no way I was going to let them down. That was my main motivation.

Btw, thanks to Lurker for posting the oath - it's all about the Constitution which incidentally protects freedom of speech.

Or, you know, inspire lots of desperate people to kick cancer's ass, and THEN go away.

We're pissing on Jim Kelly now? Really? That's the plan? Piss on Kelly?

I'm reading some posters yelling about him cheating on his wife, and beating his wife, and actually mocking his faith.

The phucking guy was dying in front of our eyes, and everyone was "Yay! Kelly strong! We love you, Jim!"

But now you all want to piss on the dude because he doesn't align with whatever stupid ideology you suddenly hold dear to your phucking heart?

Some of you people have lost your phucking minds and should be ashamed of yourselves.

But hey...sportswriters thank you for pissing on your team. They couldn't be happier that you're taking their childish bait.

There's a lot of people kicking cancer's ass. Yes, I'm sure Jim Kelly has inspired, and continues to inspire, many people in that fight.

Way to twist this into something it absolutely IS NOT, though. You should get a cookie.

This is about Kelly staying away from the current players on the team that he hasn't played for in 20 years. It has NOTHING to do with his fight against cancer, OR the respect and admiration that he deserves for it.

So stop turning this into something that it isn't, just so you can get attention.

If anyone should be ashamed, it's you.

"Veteran" is not some monolithic term - we're not all the same. We serve for different reasons. I don't like when non-veterans try to speak for us as if we're some unified group.

I can tell you that when I went to war, I wasn't thinking about flag and country. I was thinking a lot about duty - especially my duty to my soldiers. I loved my men and there was no way I was going to let them down. That was my main motivation.

Btw, thanks to Lurker for posting the oath - it's all about the Constitution which incidentally protects freedom of speech.

This is all true. The oath is to the constitution, not the flag. We do fight for the guy next to us more than we do the flag.

I don't even disagree with what these guys are protesting and it is absolutely within their rights to protest in a way that shows a lack of respect for the colors.

But I had friends come home to their families underneath those colors, so I will not hesitate to use my 1st Amendment rights to rail against the people who denigrate or disrespect those colors.

It may just be a piece of cloth to some, but it is much more than that to many.

Anyone miss the old days when sports was an escape from the real world?

When was that? I think there was a week or two back in '84 where sports and politics did not mix but I can't be sure as I was on a drinking binge in TJ with some college buddies.

When was that? I think there was a week or two back in '84 where sports and politics did not mix but I can't be sure as I was on a drinking binge in TJ with some college buddies.

I think he was talking about the 50s and early 60s, when all the major sports were white.

He was initially asked for his ID. That changed to " keep your hands where I can see them" when he informed the officer ( correctly) that he had a weapon. He then reached anyway. I felt the Cop overreacted . He fired many more times than necessary and seems terrified. . The guy was McFly. Not cut out to be a cop. But his reaction wasn't criminal. It wasn't pre mediated or anything like that. Whatever he said in that staement was questionable on a good day. But even without reading that statement and viewing the dashcam video with audio, I would not conclude that his actions were criminal. Not everyone is built for that kind of Police work. A jury followed the law and agreed that the standard was met. As for Chad Kelly wasn't that a bouncer? I don't think it was a cop. I also don't know what he did when he was ordered to keep his hand where they can be seen. I'm assuming he complied? Saying I'm going to get a gun is not the same as saying I have one in my pocket for obvious reasons.

He ended the mans life, it's criminal.

He was "jumpy" because he assumes anyone not white is threat. You can thank local and Fox news for that. This happens over and over again. Like the black kid in Walmart walking around with a pellet gun IN A BOX, he got off the shelf their because he planned to buy it. Some redneck calls 911 and says he's waving it around. Cops charge in like a bunch of thugs and shoot him without warning.

Never mind that Ohio is an open carry state. Which has proven to mean open carry for whites only. My neigbor is a cop and a really good person, but I have said it to him, until the good cops stop closing ranks around the bad ones, they are all culpable.

9ZtVgaU.jpg

Fdd9Iyo.jpg

k9kcxjQ.jpg

wEtFaah.jpg

Wow...I'm so befuddled by thinking like this, I'm not even sure if unity is even possible anymore.

God bless everything about this post.

Well done my friend

Same, I said this on a different forum. As a former Marine in my experience nobody fights for the flag or freedom. We take an oath and we mean it, but at the end of the day you fight for the man next to you. For me it always boiled down to that.

You lead, you follow you go into harms way, you stay on watch in the rain with zero sleep because the man next to you will do the same

I wouldn't say guilty for anybody for anything unless it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I sat on a jury for a criminal trial. It was particularly difficult for me as the father of two little girls because the charge was "Rape of a Child."

The entire jury believed the defendant (who happened to be a minority) had done what he was accused of, but we had no choice but to return a not guilty verdict because the prosecution failed to provide sufficient evidence and testimony to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. None of us liked it, but we agreed that the cornerstone of our judicial system is innocence until guilt is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and that to imprison a person who *may* be innocent would be far more egregious than to acquit a person who was *probably* guilty.

Unfortunately, not all juries adhere to this. In fact, many do not. See Scott Peterson, the West Memphis Three, Frederick Clay, Ryan Ferguson, Lamar Johnson, Adrian Thomas, Lamarr Monson, etc.